new purchase

To follow on from my recent post with my not so discreet heelstyles.

I have made a purchase off a board member so that i can expand my streetheeling confidence, although i have to say i much prefer the higher heels. I like to feel the height and the walk altered. These are very hidable under long jeans, and they are heels, the footwear id much rather be wearing.. :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ill post some of me wearing my heels soon

Daz

• 4 weeks later...

Daz:-) Looking forward to seeing some pics of you wearing your new boots out-and-about. The wife and I were practicing a little street-heeling yesterday to the drug store for some pills for us and then to the vets for some pills for our dog. I have replaced the noisy heel tips on that pair of boots with rubber tips, but to me they are still a bit noisy. Some of my other boots with rubber tips seem to be a bit quieter. I guess maybe I'm still a bit self-conscious of the noise. Maybe I should just go out walking and let them make all the noise they want and not worry about it. I think I'll try that and let the "tips" fall where they may. Dawn HH :D

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I have replaced the noisy heel tips on that pair of boots with rubber tips, but to me they are still a bit noisy. Some of my other boots with rubber tips seem to be a bit quieter. I guess maybe I'm still a bit self-conscious of the noise. Maybe I should just go out walking and let them make all the noise they want and not worry about it. I think I'll try that and let the "tips" fall where they may.

Dawn HH :D

Dawn,

I use to wear ankle- and kneeboots outside with heels of about 3 inch. I'm also not fond of the noise of them. I glued some rubber of 1/10 - 1/8 inch thickness to them and voila, nobody notice.

Robert

Robert:-) I have a couple pair of calf-high boots and several knee-high boots and they all came with a plastic heel-tip that was not only noisy, but a bit slippery on pavement and on mall floors. I had the shoe repairman change them all to rubber tips. Some of them are quieter than the others, but still way too noisy to suit me. I always think that when the women and girls pass me, that they will know my heels are a dead give-away that they aren't male boots. When they get near I tend to tip-toe past them and the wife says that I don't walk normal and that would be a give-away. With less or normal noise I would probably walk much more normal and no-body would know the difference. QUESTIONS: 1. All of my boots have heels between 3" and 4" height. 2. Where do I purchase rubber of 1/8 thickness? 3. What glue do I use to glue this rubber to my existing rubber heel tips? 4. Do they stay stuck on or do they peal off after a while? Dawn HH

woolworths sell a rubber heel kit with the glue for about 4 quid, comes in a few thicknesses too. the rubber is the shapes of large male shoe rears, so there is plenty to play with for your scissors. they silenced my block heels perfectly and the glue is very strong. ive worn the wedge boots out and about a few times. they are indeed stealthy, and also silent, so noone even noticed daz

Daz, A great tip you have. When I was in London last year, Xaphod advised me to buy rubber at Woolworth's, so I bought several kits for men's and women's shoes which contained different thicknesses to experiment at home with the rubber. Dawn, I think you can buy the glue apart of the rubber, it contains polyurethane so it will stick almost forever on leather and plastic soles and heels. If you are going to work with polyurethane you have to ventilate very well in the room. The rubber you can buy at hobby-shops or stores which sell car parts. I bought a sheet of 6 by 6 feet I needed for another hobby. The advice I've read here in the forums is that you have to "act" normal when you're outside and sometimes I have the idea that people walking behind me, see me, and then I think "So what!". When I'm home after that I can happily add a few more miles to my confidence. Robert

Daz:-) Robert:-) Those are great tips and advise that you fellows gave me and as soon as I can I will go out and russle-up some 1/8" rubber and glue to glue new rubber tips over the rubber tips that the shoe repairman placed on the heels of my boots. Thanks loads. :D DawnHH

ditto its sometimes awkwards to find heels that are rubber soled like the wedge ones above. most are hard tipped heels, which are attention attracting for a shy day. I always remember a girl at my old work, who (when block heels were all in) wore knee boots with no play, and about a 4in block heel, but the heels were like a rubbery finish and silent when walking. I would long for some of those now but i am yet to find a pair. daz

Robert:-) It may take me a while and a lot of practice, but once I get my equipment squared away, I'm committed 100% to having fun "Street-heeling". You will probably from time to time read about it in my posts. Dawn HH

Daz:-) I have read somewhere in the posts that it is a lot easier to walk in wedge heels than in a regular separate high heel. I don't know this for sure as I haven't purchased a pair of wedge heels as of yet! If you find a pair of knee-high boots with a perfectly quiet 4" high block heel, please let me know all of the particulars as I would be interested in a purchase of same. Dawn HH

• 2 years later...

Haven't seen or heard from Daz in a while... By the way, DawnHH - how did that outing go back in 2004 with the new rubber heel tips? I'm looking for some to replace mine - I've three pair of shoes with heel surfaces approximately 1" x 1" (they're not square, but that's about it). Thus, the dynamic compression might be on the order of 1 to 2 thousand pounds when I walk on them. I like wearing them at home, but the heels are plastic and I'd like to glue about 1/8" of wear-resistant hard rubber on the bottoms to cut the noise in half. Any suggestions on where I can get heel tips online? I looked but couldn't find any. Might they be called something else?

.... Thus, the dynamic compression might be on the order of 1 to 2 thousand pounds when I walk on them....

What is this, rocket science? I'd ask how your gravity pull on your buttocks changes in heels, but I fear I might get a real answer! :D

Kidding, dr1819...hope you know that. :cry:

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

As Gravity decreases in inverse proportion to the height of the object from the earth, then one can only hypothesise that there would be less gravitational pull on the buttocks with the extra height. Or something.

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Dr1819:-) The rubber heel tips did quiet them down some, but there was some noise, but I can live with it. They also cut down on the slipperyness and made them more stable to walk on. Cheers--- Dawn HH