Booted off another board

As compared to others, I would rate the moderators at High Heel Meeting Place...  

35 members have voted

1. 1. As compared to others, I would rate the moderators at High Heel Meeting Place...

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Fair
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Good
    • 5 - Excellent

I must heartily commend the moderators of this forum! I've seen you deal with a number of issues (including a couple of my own posts which were careless, thoughtless, or both), in a professional, understanding manner.

Unfortunately, I wasn't nearly as lucky on another board. After almost 20 years in the business of BBS's and forums (participating, hosting, and moderating), this is a first! I was booted off another board, recently (won't say which, as that wouldn't be proper).

However, I strongly suspect it had something to do with heel-wearing, even though while on the board I only alluded to it as another individual who chose to wear them, and was wondering what the others reactions might be.

The vast majority of them (about 38 posts) responded with words to the effect "whatever floats his boat, provided the motive isn't something dark and sinister." Only two posters said anything negative about it.

Not at all what I expected, but I was very pleased by the results.

Then, one poster (I'd never seen her before) turned me in for supposedly violating one of their Terms of Service (I didn't). My alleged violating posts were deleted, and I was warned by the administrator (a knucklehead if there ever was one - the worst sysop/moderator I've ever had the bad luck to cross paths!

When I protested to higher authority, the response I received was a polite (I've looked into it, and you violated terms of service, since this seems to be a trend (it was actually the first time I was ever accused on that board), we feel it's in the best interests of everyone.... Sorry we couldn't work things out...).

You know the drill.

And it was a board on which I was very active, with a LOT of good, positive results for what I was doing (providing good counsel to others who needed it most). I received a lot of feedback from a large number of users, and all of it was all very positive and very thankful.

Personally, I think it was a setup, done to create legal cause to get me off the board. Couldn't prove it, though, and I'm not about to take them to court (if I were a millionaire I would).

Back to our moderators: THANK YOU! You're what systems administrators are all about!

Fortunately I've never fallen foul of any of the moderators on any of the boards that I'm a member of. That said, ours seem to be doing an excellent job. I don't recall ever seeing any inappropriate posting apart from one occurence, where the lady in question was politely requested to remove a pic that contained some nudity. She then had a bag on and left, but that wasn't the mods' fault. These forums are friendly and polite, and we can have contrary views without flame wars, which is a common problem on virtually every board I've ever seen. So, I'm voting for "excellent" and will close with a thank-you for keeping the boards so well. Chris

Just few words for moderators of this board; you're doing excelent job! I've seen lots of boards, taken part on lots of boards, and so far moderators of this place are ranked #1 in my top 10 :D

Thanks for the vote of confidence so far guys! You don't have to say exactly what forum it was Gene, but what type of forum was it? A general one, special interest, support group, or attached to a website. Some of these places, although on the surface being tolerant, have scant regard for anything out of the ordinary, with rather vague posting conditions installed, enabling them to ditch anyone they don't like.

I have only been on this forum since last April, but the thing that impressed me most is what a nice friendly group of people your are. The moderators are excellent, in fact I would go so far as to say that Firefox is wasted here, he should be in the diplomatic service. :D

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave ! " The Eagles, "Hotel California"

Thanks for the vote of confidence so far guys!

You don't have to say exactly what forum it was Gene, but what type of forum was it? A general one, special interest, support group, or attached to a website. Some of these places, although on the surface being tolerant, have scant regard for anything out of the ordinary, with rather vague posting conditions installed, enabling them to ditch anyone they don't like.

Special-interest support is a very close match. In fact, the most prolific violator of the terms of service was the moderator himself.

Although I have my suspicions, I really can't say I was booted because of my post alluding to the possibility of guys wearing heels (iffy), or whether it was because after his knee-jerk warning to me, I took it upon myself to approach the moderator about his tendancy to "shoot first and to hell with the questions" approach, and not just with me, but with many others (more likely). Fairly megalomaniacal kind of guy. You know, the type who, if he were a doctor, would decapitate because of a brain tumor?

Some webmasters make great hosts/moderators. Most don't. Same can be said of entrepreneurs who then become business managers.

this is an excellently run board, but you can hardly expect anything less from people such as firefox who it you have ever met in person, you would agree is a great chap. Havent met personally any others but the moderating is fair and well handled. good job folks daz