I finally done it ... I wore my high heels in public (in UK)

exitman1

I've done it... I went out today wearing my high heeled boots. I went out in Belfast City, broad daylight from 10:30 - 2:30 this afternoon. It was a truely liberating experience and I now know what ive been missing now that i have done it after years of trying. See my first post “wearing ankle boots in UK” this shows you how nervous I was. My parents don’t know so I got to the bottom of my street, took off my converse style shoes and changed. I didnt get any looks, stares or second glances... not even from the people of my own age I passed (21). My girlfriend has been training me in various heel highs and encouraging me saying that she prefered me in heels as it makes me taller and stand up straight. I didnt do anything out of the ordinary and I walked confidently and easily in my heels and I think this is why I got no looks. Even when I was getting on and off busses and the heel was clearly audible, but then the guy that walked onto the bus made a lot of noise and he was wearing men’s dress shoes (a businessman) people probably thought this is what I was wearing. My greatest accomplishment was walking into shoes which had hard wooden floors and metal floors….. no one looked twice. I am now so confident that I can get off with wearing heels that I am going to make my boots my casual and going out with my girlfriend shoes. I am defiantly going to buy more adventurous heels and when I am away from my hometown (I am a professional composer so I travel a lot) I will wear the heels my girlfriend bought for me which have higher heels and even low stiletto style heels. I really hope this fashion spreads because being fairly small with small feet wearing women’s shoes is a gift as I sometimes have to by children’s mens shoes… I’m only a size six. So I’m not now claiming to be an expert mow after only a full days shopping but I think if more men wore sensible high heels and we were able to break the cross-dresser stigma then the fashion may catch on. By the way I did get one comment from a girl and she said she wished more men would wear them and said I walked well in them… that was in HMV (a record store) where after two hours I forgot I was wearing heels and I tilted my foot upon the heel. So if anyone has any questions, opinions etc please reply.

WELL DONE Exitman! Yes, there cannot be any more liberating feeling in the world than when you finally do it and realise how easy it is and what you've been missing! Welcome to the growing ranks of us streetheeling guys, and here's to years and years of your future happy heeling! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Congrats! The first time is always the hardest, but you'll find that it'll get easier from there!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

yes my size of foot means I have my choice of any womens style shoe.

I would wear spike heels, but I would want to keep my shoe choice so that they are fairly undifferent from that of mens apart from the heel for example a square toe box or even a slightly rounded one for example I would wear these. They would all be black as I think they blend into a crowd a bit better and it doesnt look like your holding a sign up for people to ask all sorts of questions.

http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_details_jv.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=4679265&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1470803&bmUID=1073511504046

http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_details_jv.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=4679347&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1470803&bmUID=1073511504046

and I would like to get a pair of these for when I go on summer holidays as boots will be too warm..

http://www.debenhams.com/jv/product_details_jv.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=4679297&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1470803&bmUID=1073511504046

what do you think

but for the minute im sticking to my chunky heels as casual wear. But then again all that will change as I go shoe shopping for shoes with summer in mind.

yes long jeans to be are a must... especially because they look really cool with heels... the girl that gave me the complament today was wearing boots with a fairly high thin heel which she had poking out from beneath her frayed long jeans and a led zepplin t-shirt, it ranked high in my cool meter.

Congratulations Exitman! What an accomplishiment. I am looking forward to my real first public outing. I have been going in to work very early lately, when no one else is there. I have a pair of 5" black pumps stashed there and have been wearing them. I did venture outside and walked about 2 hundred yards to get the mail. Very exciting, even being early, and pretty safe. Again, congrats on you big outing! Lee :D

Hello Lee! You're talking about being "safe" out of sight of people, but believe me, the great thing about stepping-out for your debut in proper public street-heeling is that it's ALL "safe"! Our London Heelmeets see a hoard of us in heels of all styles and heights strutting our stuff amongst the general public and nothing could be safer! You will join all the rest of us (including Daz above who is one of the most recent to take the plunge) in finding that it's FINE and nothing happens. The only thing is, maybe it's a bit extreme to start publically in 5 inchers. It might be better to start lower and chunky (see the thread "Finding Discreet Street-Heels for Shy Guys") and then work up higher and thinner as your confidence increases. Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Well done Exitman. See you don't automatically get beaten up and no one laughs at you. You might get a few looks but once you get used to it you get disappointed if you don't!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I hope this is an encouragement for all those of you that want to take the plunge but need a little push. Go for it ! Just make sure you do it all in style and you will find many people like or at least respect your choice. I have gotten addicted to my shoe outings.

Hello Lee! You're talking about being "safe" out of sight of people, but believe me, the great thing about stepping-out for your debut in proper public street-heeling is that it's ALL "safe"! Our London Heelmeets see a hoard of us in heels of all styles and heights strutting our stuff amongst the general public and nothing could be safer!

You will join all the rest of us (including Daz above who is one of the most recent to take the plunge) in finding that it's FINE and nothing happens. The only thing is, maybe it's a bit extreme to start publically in 5 inchers. It might be better to start lower and chunky (see the thread "Finding Discreet Street-Heels for Shy Guys") and then work up higher and thinner as your confidence increases.

Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Heelfan & others,

I really appreciate your positive comments. And thanks for the invite to the Heel Outing. If I were in London I would be there. I will take your advice on getting lower heeled shoes and get out there. I think a pair of boots would work the best.

Again, thanks to all.

Lee

exitman1, Very good you walked in public in Belfast. :D:( Last week I was on holiday in Stratford-Upon-Avon and I packed also heels but I did't tried on the streets there. But in the Netherlands I walked on heels very easily. Maybe in the future. . . . . Greetz, Joost

Woman Boots, queen of the shoes