Shopping In Rome

We recently had a long weekend in Rome, whistle stop tour of all the major locations so we were on the move a lot be it the rattlely busses or on walk about the cobbles were very much in our face, in fact cobbles, cobbles everywhere. Trainers and average shoes are the norm but when the heels are out wow they are good. Rarely do we see 4"+ heels during the day but in Rome catching 5"+ in the morning and afternoon was quite common even the girls on their scooters either riding solo or pillion were spoting some great footwear. I've a couple of picures to upload later once I've processed them all. As the title says shopping yes I got to do the chores :) for the snacks etc. and exploring round one of the cheap multimarkets I found these. post-2779-0-70693200-1370687937_thumb.jp I/we had a limited budget so they weren't on the priority list but a picture was a must but I do admit I almost wet myself laughing. Admittedly I don't see the point of the fence net style but whilst on this subject several girls and much older women were sporting coloured fishnets and fencenets over natural tights. Al

Talking with some of the Italians, when I was in Rome, I discovered that when Italy converted to the euro that the people were totally screwed during the currency exchange. I suspect it was the same for other EU member countries. To this day the euro is proving to be a bad idea for the people.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Cheap Megan?

5 euro for a coke in a bar isn't cheap and that was the average best price was 3.

Shoes start at 120 with sale discounts no lower than 75.

Rosary beads from the traders 7 (best price) starting at 15 in the Vatican.

Rome is not a budget holiday location, we spent 250 over 31/2 days and with the Vatican tour, taxi and tour bus passes added to another 200.

Taxi from the airport to Rome centre averages 50-60 but that's understandable due to the traffic.

Al

The same can be said for Spain very expensive since the change to the euro, we go every year a have noticed a big change in the way things cost.

life is not a rehearsal

• 3 weeks later...

Cheap Megan?

5 euro for a coke in a bar isn't cheap and that was the average best price was 3.

Shoes start at 120 with sale discounts no lower than 75.

Rosary beads from the traders 7 (best price) starting at 15 in the Vatican.

Rome is not a budget holiday location, we spent 250 over 31/2 days and with the Vatican tour, taxi and tour bus passes added to another 200.

Taxi from the airport to Rome centre averages 50-60 but that's understandable due to the traffic.

Al

Three years ago, I was in Rome for a day and night before a cruise and again after the cruise for a half-day before flying home. I loved the city and will certainly go back for a longer stay. I agree, it is not cheap - and in common with every other country that uses the Euro, prices have gone up noticeably. But a lot can be done at modest cost; there are many hotels and restaurants etc where one can stay or eat without being ripped off. Why take a taxi from/to the airport? The Terravision coach (from Termini - the main railway station) is fast, comfortable and cheap - even cheaper if pre-booked. Buses and metro in Rome are good and cheap too - and much more fun. And train travel in Italy is a lot cheaper than in the UK.

I do recall seing what looked like a very interesting shoe shop close to Termini just before I left - but alas had no time to inspect it further. It was in a street to the left side of the station as one faces the buffers.

post-2779-0-16837800-1372956734_thumb.jp One of the simpler styles on two wheels but I had see full 5" slim stilettos whilst out there. Al