Conversation At Work About Love Of Heels

Curt

I work at a factory with some pretty rough looking people. Anyway, most of my co-workers know I love platform heeled boots and funky chothes. I never told them in so many words that I love girls shoes. My friend said: I have an uncle that has a ton of womens pumps and boots, I think he has a fetish for it! Another friend said: my cousin works at a stripclub and I was in her bedroom when she was out. I out on her hooker boots and sprayed on her perfume. She walked in and we just laughed so hard. Funny story eh? Heels are more popular than everybody seems to think.

There's a big chance I'll end up working in the alternative music industry, that seems like a more tolerating environnement to me! Good.

I could walk on sunshine, but I chose heels instead.

Surprised in a positive or negative way?

I will be honest.. from what I have seen, the whole ' Alternative ' scene might as well be tossed into the grouping with others that are supposedly ' Intolerant '.

The few ' Alternative ' ( should be called mainstream to be honest ) places I have played at or helped my brother run sound at.. they were NOT fond of the theme of guys in heels and honestly, they are not fond at all of anything that might be seen as ' gay '.

The heckling incident I posted about in the story section here.. Happened at a supposed ' Alternative ' club.

This happened in the U.S. though, not in Belgium.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

• 2 months later...

I work in a hyper masculine factory it could be the "Red Neck Capital of the World" . They act as if there is no tolerance for anything out of the norm. Even the women that work there have "manly" style work shoes. I was asked to dress up for a woman-less pageant and collect money for a charity. The pageant winner was the one withe most money collected in "her" purse..or clutch as it were. One of the ladies I work with said you should hit the factory they all will donate. If you go they will have a great laugh and it will lighten their day as well. To make a long story short , I showed up in 6" wedge T strap heels all the girls went nuts over my heels. I hit all three shifts and the management office. Everyone stepped up and we did well on donations. About a month later one of the girls asked what size I wore because she wanted to borrow my heels from the pageant. I told her size 12 women's she said way to big for her. One of the guys in the break area said only a pansy boy would wear heels and a dress. I just laughed and told him, he was not man enough to wear heels. Then the bets started and he had to wear the wedge heels for part of the shift. He was crying after about 30 minutes. One of the girls asked me after I had put Dude in his place , So how long have you been wearing heels I said longer than you and she said cool. She has told most everyone about me and wearing heels . Most of the girls just want to see the styles in such a large size. I have been out with a few of them and my wife in heels we have run into other coworkers and they never say anything . I think it's all perception and attitude. I act as if there is no big deal and that deflates the jokes and ribbing......and I did win the Pageant!!! Thanks to a bunch of Red Necks!

Great story. maninpumps. Thanks for posting. It just goes to show that men can wear heels even in a "Red Neck" place. Just go about wearing your heels and most won't care anything about them. That happens to me all the time, as I am always showing my heels off for the public to see. I get many compliments from women on my choice of heels. This morning , at the nail salon, getting my pedicure, with red polish on my toes, a woman complimented me on the "Born", heeled sandals I was wearing. She said I looked cool in my heels, especially with my red polished toes. Great compliment. Made my day. Happy Heeling, bluejay