What's It Going To Be Like?

Histiletto

Hey Dad! I need some new shoes to wear for the school dance. My heel tips have worn down to almost nothing and I've grown some making my pumps too small. Now son! You'll have to replace the tips and clean them up as best you can for at least another couple of weeks until we can go into town and buy some at the store. But Dad! The school dance is this evening and I've asked Mary Jane to go with me. We wanted to coordinate our outfits and she is wearing a red blouse with blue jeans and a new pair of red pumps. All I need is the pair of pumps, because my heels are uncomfortable and they would look terrible. So! Please Dad, will you let me have part of my allowance to buy some heels? This could soon be a discussion between a parent and their son.

I think it more likely that you would begin to find that your own shoe collection was suffering from mysterious wear and tear. My mother took to hiding her favorite pairs. (I'm thankful she didn't take to hiding me though it was in the balance sometimes)

I think it more likely that you would begin to find that your own shoe collection was suffering from mysterious wear and tear.

My mother took to hiding her favorite pairs. (I'm thankful she didn't take to hiding me though it was in the balance sometimes)

She used to hide you in the ambulance? Was it so you could give the sample?

My daughter soon grew feet too big for my shoes, but I do get clothes she's tired of, so I can always be stylishly few months retro.

HiStiletto,

Aha! The short story writer in hiding comes forth now. What further curious tales await us?? Reason enough to stay tuned to the HHPlace channel lest you be a lurker or a larker or someone between. To all a sound night's sleep for tomorrow HiStiletto's pen rises again! A quill as a sword!! HappyinHeels

There are other noteable writers of short stories that were more effective in getting their points across that I would like to imitate, but I can't seem to master the "once upon a time" or the "and it came to pass" stuff, but Thanks HappyinHEELS for the incouragement and notoriety. We can help shape the social future of guys wearing high heels, if we will openly promote this cause now. It is great that many of us are wearing heels in public, but not enough of us are doing it on display, so to speak. Most of us wear heels under longer trouser legs that barely expose the heel, if at all, as we walk. Many others choose heels that nearly match the footwear they already wear in their stereotype. This is a sign we want the challenge, but fear the perceived social shame and possibly negative retributions. How about the positive rewards and freedom to choose that which we desire, once men in heels is seen often and regularly. This is from a worn out cliche' overly used in male heeldom, but women in pants didn't happen easily. They had to endure through the social norms of the day. So shall men have to endure the social rebukes to wear the high heels of their choosing. As women have found, it shouldn't be an embarrassment to present your appearance with the items of apparel you find desireable to wear. We also know, there are appropriate times and places for wearing certain looks, but individuals should still be able to choose accordingly. What's this idea that white shoes have a narrow seasonal use. If I want to wear white pumps or even mismatched colored shoes with an outfit when they are considered out of season or incompatible, then it should not be anyone elses concern. We have been in a society that is able to take away the rights of individuals in choosing what they wear publicly. Men are suppose to be the stronger and able to conrol their own lives according to their stereotyping, but even this concept is overpowered by social dictates that limit men's choices to a few items of apparel compared to the variety of looks women have access to wear. Since society doesn't send out questionaires to everyone as to what they desire to wear, most of the social attitude is based on the assumptions of a few social samples that stay within stereotyped guidelines. Even androgynous styles are seen as wanna-be male or female and not just items of attire. I look forward to the day when I get up in the morning and my getting ready appearance includes heels that I can openly wear to the job and change into appropriate work shoes there if the quality and /or quantity depends such footwear. Then at lunch and at the end of the work day, I can choose whether or not to wear my heels. Does this procedure sound familiar? You see it wouldn't be just a guy thing.