Fatfuzz's Heeling Escapades.

fatfuzz

We've had jaunts and adventures and now we have got escapades! It's defined in the dictionary as: an act or incident involving excitement, daring, or adventure. Rather apt, don't you think?

Anyway, I haven't actually had any yet! Sorry, but I know there's some coming up and seeing as I've enjoyed reading others so much I thought I'd get a thread rolling. So I have a job down south next weekend and a hotel room to myself for 2 nights so I'm gonna take some heels and depending what the lay of the land is like (i.e. if it's a bit rough then I'm not going heeling!) and then I think I might take myself off on a little outdoors heeling expedition. It all depends on when I've actually got to work but there's a plan to do a bit..

I also have got to go down to London to sort out visas for a trip to Japan. They take 3 days to process so I plan to visit family and friends and go heeling in London in between. I am dead excited especially about the London trip but I'm not there yet and nerves may get the better of me. There's a new air of confidence about me at the moment though - the trips out to empty rubbish etc in flats have been more frequent and I'm thinking about it less each time although I still haven't encountered anyone whilst doing it.

So sorry about the false start but I feel excited and wanted to share with you all my plans. I'll post all future heeling escapades in this thread for anyone wishing to follow. I'm also thinking about starting a blog to document random thoughts and observations on the matter - as much for my own benefit as for anyone wishing to read them. I'm off to a house warming tonight consisting of close friends and I'm hoping I can bring the subject of my heels up seeing as it's at the forefront of my mind right now but no pressure!

What shoes are you planning on wearing? Long pants to cover the heel and the right shoe with a "not so fem toe" and you can Go where you want. Just remember, those people will never see you again

Yeah, "you'll never see them again". But keep in mind that you might possibly see pictures of yourself wearing high heels plastered all over the internet that were taken by the guy "you'll never see again" on his cell phone. Ask JeffB about that. :-).

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yeah, "you'll never see them again". But keep in mind that you might possibly see pictures of yourself wearing high heels plastered all over the internet that were taken by the guy "you'll never see again" on his cell phone. Ask JeffB about that. :-).

Indeed! I became something of an unintentional celebrity, but my fifteen seconds in the limelight was thankfully brief. HA!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Indeed! I became something of an unintentional celebrity, but my fifteen seconds in the limelight was thankfully brief. HA!

What happened then JeffB?

I had an escapade of sorts yesterday morning after the party I attended on Saturday night - another "dutch courage" fuelled one like the one before christmas. Got home at around 8 am and couldn't get into my heels quick enough! I went out in my red pointy pumps, my black boots and then the blue peep toe sling backs all whilst wearing slim blue jeans and a basic light t-shirt type top (of the fem variety - I am experimenting with clothes now too!).. oh, and a denim jacket I got from Next. I was out and about for around 2 hours and narrowly missed my neighbour loading his car for work when returning for a change of footwear. It was just great being out in them and I know I was seen by a few people I passed as I strolled around the neighbourhood.

I also took delivery of some new clothes which I ordered from Newlook as I'm looking for ways to dress that will work well with my heels. Amongst these clothes was a pair of boot cut long jeans (£7.50!!) which will no doubt get used for my first real heeling escapade. The black suede wedges are currently top of the list for this excursion.

I'm not really counting these post party excursions as genuine excursions as I have no fear when I'm all fired up like that and I always have a feeling of regret afterwards (although this time it's not so bad) and dread going outside again for a day or 2 afterwards. I want to get that kind of pleasure from doing it normally and without having to get so smashed but it will come with time - I am determined!

• 3 weeks later...

No real escapades to speak of folks, sorry. Didn't really have the time and I think one needs some time to prepare mentally for an escapade. I shouldn't have really said anything but you know, I got all excited! I did manage a short walk (50 yards) in a small park near the river in west London in my LTS black suede wedges but there was no exposure to people which is the real object of the exercise. It made me realise how "exposed" one can feel in these situations and also that maybe I need to think about buying some quiet heels! A bit at a time I think is key to this and a bit of walking in not so obviously femme and quiet shoes would be a good starting point. I haven't started blogging either or updated my gallery although the photos are ready to go. Once I get time to sit down and sort it out, it will be done.

What happened then JeffB?

Well, I guess people stopped paying attention. Who knows!

Meanwhile, good luck to you on your own heeling adventures!

Well, I guess people stopped paying attention. Who knows!

Meanwhile, good luck to you on your own heeling adventures!

I missed what happened in the first place - what was your brief 15 seconds in the lime light?!

And thanks, the adventures will come in good time I'm sure. As I'm sure you understand from when you first started heeling - it takes a bit of courage to get started plus time and headspace to pluck it in the first place. It's inspiring to read about your jaunts.

I missed what happened in the first place - what was your brief 15 seconds in the lime light?

A couple of years ago, someone snapped a pic of me while I was in the downtown Philly Apple Store wearing tight jeans and my thigh high boots and it wound up on a website devoted to bad fashion. If I can remember where that link is, I'll post it for your viewing pleasure.

A couple of years ago, someone snapped a pic of me while I was in the downtown Philly Apple Store wearing tight jeans and my thigh high boots and it wound up on a website devoted to bad fashion. If I can remember where that link is, I'll post it for your viewing pleasure.

Oh dear...

I have seen pictures being taken of myself. One time I even grabbed the wife and started making out with her without her knowing why I was doing it. She saw the flash from the persons camera and started laughing. Just keep a mindset : If your going to go out in heels, theres always someone whos going to have a ' wow! ' moment and will probably use a camera on their cell phone or something and tell their friends about it. Its like being the bearded woman in a circus at first. The best thing to do in those situations is to take the wind out of their sails if you see it happening. " Want me to pose so you can get a good pic? " instead of hiding. It shocks people and more times then not, they just split. Dont be rude, just act like its nothing new.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

I love hearing these stories! Thanks for the last one ILK - hearing things like that really help! I'm away working for the next 12 days so there'll be no heeling at all for me but once I have money in the bank again, I'm planning a trip to London to do some heeling, probably around some tourist areas. Busy places seem to be the place to do it. And this will be the sole purpose of my trip as other things tend to get in the way! My bro is living at my grandma's place in west London (she's 102 yrs old and lives at my parents) and he's cool with it so I'll probably stay there for my little trip. Anyway, take care folks - see you in a couple of weeks. Happy heeling!

Last Tuesday evening; I was at the Hotel lounge sitting at the bar. A man came in and sat 3 seets from me. All he could talk about was some man came into the Hotel ahead of him wearing stilletoes. Great looking shoes he stated but had never seen a man wear them. The Hotel Lounge was full. Approximately half of the patrons are regular and all know that I always wear stilletoes. I was wearing a man's dress shirt, black dress slacks, sheer hosery, gold ankle chain and 5" black patent pumps. Conversation flowed as normal in the bar but occaisionally he kept reffering the man in the Stilletoes. Finally it was time for me to go to my room and back to work. So I got up and walked past him with my heels clicking away on the time floor.

After a few minutes, my room phone rang and the Bar Maid called and stated that his jaw dropped to the floor when he asw me walking away. "Why didn't you tell me" was all he asked her. Everyone in the Lounge witnessed him. He felt so bad that he asked for my room number so he could come back and apologise. He did!

Henri

That is a bold example of acceptance on his part, Henri. Any more details as to what he said specifically about the guy wearing stiletto pumps? Whether you realize it or not, you just experienced one of those magic moments.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I knew it was magic. That's why I made certain to walk back to my room when he could see me. He thought the heels looked great. He wished his wife could wear heels like that. A bunch more similar remarks; but none were negative comments. It was magic and I took advantage. The best part is when he came to my room to apologize. That was exceptional. My acceptance of his apology include a statement that if I have the guts to wear stilletoes then I should have the guts to receive comments good or bad about my choice. Then I bough him a beer. We've become traveling friends.

What really worked to your advantage was the fact the guy got to know you even before he realized you were the one.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.