Photographic Article In The Guardian On Saturday

meganiwish

A little late, I know, I'm sorry, and once again I can't find it. But it was an intriguing article where couples were photographed and then again after they'd swapped clothes. It was callled Big Picture Switcheroo. I thought it might interest some of you chaps. If anyone can find it..

I find you will have the whole art work here http://sincerelyhana.com/projects/switcheroo/

Some photos were already posted on the newmalefashion blog.

What's amazing is how the hell were the guys able to enter their girlfriend's clothes ?? It seems some have cheated a bit with similar clothes but different size, and also some wigs ?

...and with shoes too. In some cases the "female" shoes were obviously several sizes larger. It was also interesting how comfortable some guys seemed in their partners' clothes.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Thank you, Gudulitooo, those were the photos. It's a shame I couldn't find the article, as the text was quite interesting. I believe they did just swap clothes (though I wonder about the shoes) and I'm assured there were no wigs. It's interesting that they copied their partner's pose - it really shows how subtle body language is. The first pair that pops up reminds me of a young couple I followed into town one summer Friday evening.She was dressed in a beautiful printed silk dress, kitten heels and had her hair tied back with a pretty butterfly clasp. He was in, well, denims and sneakers. They should have looked incongruous, but something in his demeanor made it seem as though he was so stunned by how lovely she looked that he'd been turned into an idiot who could scarcely dress himself. (I'm awake to the possibility that he actually was an idiot who could scarcely dress himself, but I choose to believe the former.) It was something in the way he held her hand. You see, chaps, that's the way to do it. Since my children grew up no-one holds my hand any more and I rather miss it.

love the concept..... looking through all of the photos... what really stand out to me after looked at a few is that the person gender and the clothe's perceived gender does't really stand out anymore and that everyone looks fine wearing either gender's clothing..... have to agree... a lot of the male looks very comfortable in the other gender's clothing (probably due to good photography direction as they are imitating the original pose. I suppose the images reinforce the idea that gender specific clothing is irrelevant as enough people wearing each other clothing, the gender line disappear and everything just look natural on whoever is wearing it.... not that would be a better place for all of us.....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Meganiwish and Gudulitooo, That is a cool photo essay of many comfy people and willing to "switch". I am not too far from Vancouver and hope to drop by there this spring. Hana Pesut has done well with her photography and portrayal of present culture on the west coast of Canada. Thanks for hunting and finding the links Gudulitoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Meganiwish, no need to thank me really I had heard about this work before so its normal I give you the information. I wonder why I didn't post about it before, but at the time it was accessible in only 2 clicks from here (via the high heels for men blog).