Ahhh, I Feel Like A Kid Waiting For Christmas

AZShoeNut

Howdy, I just gotta get it out. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Torrid models keep showing up in new shoes on their web site but the have not yet put the shoes up for sale either online or in store. I cannot wait until their new suede pumps with cork platform and heels come up for sale. They also have some T-Bar pumps that I look for everyday. They have shown red suede on a couple occasions and today they showed up in black suede. Ahhh, I can't take it anymore. Okay, now that I got that out I feel better. :-) Best, Larry In Black Suede post-482-0-86309600-1358786163_thumb.jpg In Red Suede post-482-0-07480100-1358786213_thumb.jpg T Bar Pumps (I could go for a different color) post-482-0-26576900-1358786234_thumb.jpg

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

AZShoeNut, I've wandered into Torrid several times but only bought one pair of shoes there. I walked in wearing 5" ankle boots and bought some 5" wedge sandals. The girls there loved my boots and said they had a steady stream of males that shopped there. That was about a year and a half ago. I may have to stop and check out these shoes you were talking about. If you do get them will you wear them in Las Vegas???? HappyinHeels

I love the pumps in the second pic. But RED has always been one of my favorites.

Ya, the red ones look awesome. I am pretty sure that if they ever hit the shelf that I will probably own several colors. Black, red, and blue.

If you do get them will you wear them in Las Vegas???? HappyinHeels

If they turn out to be awesome then I would certainly wear them in Las Vegas. Heck, I can't wait to wear them to coffee before work the day after I get them. Vegas is still a far way away.

Best,

Larry

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I made a trip to Torrid yesterday and they finally have the black suede and red suede pumps with the cork platform and heels in. The bummer is that they cut across the toe in an uncomfortable way so I did not get them.

I tried on a couple other pair of shoes that I don't have to have and then found myself just standing there looking at the selection. Then one of the sales girls came up to me. She pointed out that she saw that I tried the new black suede shoes that they just got in. I told her that I was a little bummed out because I had been waiting for these shoes to show up in store and now that they have they don't fit well. She told me that she knew what I meant and she has a hard time finding heels in the size 11 wide that she needs. We exchanged a few sources for heels online. I mentioned that I really want a new pair of heels for the charity event coming up on the 24th so she invited me to try on whatever I wanted and take my time making a decision. Then a phone call came in for her and I continued looking at the shoes. I spoke more with her but both sales girls were helpful and friendly. I then tried on a few more pairs of shoes. I made a point to walk around the store a bit in the shoes because now that I wear them out and about I want to make sure that whatever I get will fit well. At one point I walked past both of the girls near the cash register and I heard the one tell the other, "Wow, he walks way better in heels than I do." The other girl said that she can barely walk in heels at all. Not being sure what to say I just kind of smiled and said thanks.

So, even though I did not wind up with the shoes that I really wanted I did get a pair of heels to wear next weekend. I also had a very enjoyable conversation with the sales girls. Really guys, Torrid is a great place to shop for heels if you want friendly helpful staff.

Best,

Larry,

Here are the shoes that I wound up with:

http://www.torrid.co...idth-566354.jsp

post-482-0-82537700-1361217113_thumb.jpg

Larry, It sounds like you had a good outing, in spite of not being able to get the shoes you really wanted. I can relate. I've bought shoes before that hurt at one particular point on the foot (usually my bunions) and it makes walking impossible. It's disappointing. Looks like your consolation prize isn't bad though. Good luck in the charity walk. Take and post pics and let us know how it goes. Steve

Larry, That was a nice outing, looking at and trying on heels at Torrid. I have never heard of Torrid Shoe stores before. I went to the store locator and found out there is a store near me at a large mall. I shop at that mall frequently and have never noticed that store. Maybe it just opened recently. I am going to look for Torrid, my next shopping trip there, as I often go to the DSW shoe store in the same mall. BTW, those are nice looking shoes. Hope your charity walk goes well .Enjoy wearing your new heels! Happy Heeling, bluejay

Looks like your consolation prize isn't bad though. Good luck in the charity walk. Take and post pics and let us know how it goes.

Thanks Steve. Upon the second wearing around the house they too cut across the toes funny. I am going to bring them back. Not a big deal as I love to go to that store.

I have a pic from the walk this morning below.

I am going to look for Torrid, my next shopping trip there, as I often go to the DSW shoe store in the same mall.

The store is actually a plus size hip ladies fashion store. They do have a selection of heels that go up to size twelve wide and the staff are always a blast to work with. Enjoy your visit there.

Here is a pic from today's walk. Gosh, it is so much fun. All of the women are excited to see a couple guys there in heels. This picture is with KFSteve who I met here (hhplace) four years ago. There was another fellow with size 16 heels walking with his sister who received assistance from the Happily Ever After League. Since the pair I bought for the walk didn't work out I wore my favorite pair of 5-inch blue satin pumps.

Best,

Larry

www.happilyeverafterleague.org

post-482-0-66394100-1361742290_thumb.jpg

I debated if I should tuck in my shirt or not. Looking at the pic I wish I had. Oh well. It still was a fantastic morning.