TXT-1's platforms (with him in them!)

TXT-1

i like these and love the style. I have fancied a pair for ages. The trouble is i am buying pairs i could wear easily outdoors, and i think even most women wouldnt wear these outside because they are associated with strippers etc, which is a shame. cant think of how these could be worn outside especially as a man and still look acceptable as normal dress

Daz, there is one member who DOES wear his 6" plats outside - White 6 Inch Spike Heels! he does it a lot (bit envious there, as I am weak and not willing to do it :D ) they are nice shoes and DO come in natural leather (I wish I'd known that when I bought mine!) It's too hot to be wearing them today, so I'm finishing glue together models later, TXT-1

Yes, but White 6 in. Heels is slim, with very long brown hair, and could be mistaken for a female from a little distance. I'm sure that helps reduce any reactions. Doesn't work that way for most of us.

yeah I guess he's lucky in that respect, I'm not willing to go out in my plats as I am the complete oppisite end of the scale (i'm 5'11 by the way) and don't want to put up with ridicule so i'm staying in the closet! later, TXT-1

Daz, I remember a former member who was either Squrrelheels, or Yamyam, I can't remember exactly, who it was, said "everyone at least needs one crazy pair of heels!" I agree with it! I'm not going to work at the local stripjoint either! later, TXT-1

• 1 month later...

TXT, I have a pair of plats, similar to those. And I agree. They are quite stable. And might I add quite comfortable to wear around the house. I'm wondering if you have ever slept in those plats. Because I have with mine.

Black patent, open toed high heels are the best!

whew! those white 7.5 inch heels are some pretty awesome looking shoes. i have 2 pairs in black and have yet to wear them outside of the house. this spring i am going to purchase a pair of 8 inch heels in white. i've looked at them on pierre silber all winter and i'm tired of looking at them on the internet. i want to look at them on my feet! as far as wearing 6 inch heels on the street, it took me a few summers but i finally got over the fear and i can tell you its been an awesome experience, walking down a city sidewalk in broad daylight with a pant leg length that doesn't cover any of the heel. being slim does assist and the long hair as well. some folks in restaurants or driving by just assume i'm a woman and don't really stop and stare. but the ones on the street who are walking towards me, or walking up behind me, those are the folks whose reactions are quite amusing. today is the first day i've gotten out in my heels and it feels great even though i'm out of practice, not just in the business of walking down a sidewalk without tripping, but also in the confidence department. a lot of men just stop and stare. and women too, they look down and then at me and they just can't believe it. (i'm wearing my brand new boots from Forplay Shoes, 6 inch heels in black, i think on their website they call them: Cupid, with slim line jeans which are tight around the ankle.) something that helps me out in a big way: i moved to this city just 3 years ago. no one knows me and this is great. i can walk down any street in my heels and not have to worry about running into a relative or friend of the family. that helps in a major way. so i can walk pretty much anwhere, like here, to this internet cafe on a sunday afternoon.

• 5 months later...

Heellovr79: yeah I have have had the occasional "siesta" in mine but haven't slept long in 'em! (too uncomfortable) just don't forget about that you are wearing them! :) W6ish: unfortunately I have heaps of people I know here w6ish! sorry guys I just HAD to restart this post :D later, TXT-1

• 2 weeks later...