A short wearing story....

shyguy

Shyguy:-) Having the wife put the order in herself sure does sound like a step forward. (Pun intended). She might be softening, softening. Only time will tell. Please keep us all posted on the out-come of this saga. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys learnt to read I actually said movie heroines not stars.

:)

By heroines I meant those from movies like Batwoman with Michell Pfiefer and others similar.

I didnt mean those who just like to look beautiful, I know they arent calm except maybe when they are acting.

It was a send up of you guys becoming calmed by wearing heels.

It didnt work. :roll:

Jeff

I was referring to heroines - men on the silver screen rarely scream.

Shyguy:-) You have waited SO long for this event to happen and knowing that the wife has placed the order and now you are so anxious for the delivery to be made makes it very hard as time seems to travel so slowly. You just can't wait for the door bell to ring so you can take that precious package into your hands, quickly tear it open, and slowly slip your feet into those gorgeous shoes, and then you slowly stand up and suddenly all of those good feelings come together and then you will realize that the wait was well worth the feelings that you feel then, and you want to never take that pair of shoes off of your feet for a thousand years. We are all with you and all anxious for you and all waiting with baited breath. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! It's almost like waiting for Santa Claus to come when you were a little tyke. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

You said it all Dawn HH. Another setback now in that a payment made online to the catalog has gone astray so the account is on hold till it is sorted, no stilettos this weekend :roll: Oh well just have to be patient I guess

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Hi Shyguy, if you receive your stilettos, pull them on, then hit brutally with your fist on the table so that it will break down and cry furiously "These are now my new shoes - no protest anymore! A wife has to obey her husband!!!" She will love you because you are so thrilling MANLY :roll: micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Shyguy:-) I do wax eloquently upon occassion, don't I? OH NO!!! Not a glitch in the payment!!! :roll: As you would say---("Lets get it sorted quickly"). Your the most patient man I know, but lets hope that your patience pays off in "Spades" and the wife will let you keep them and wear them after she sees that delightful and happy look on your face while wearing them for the first time. Man, I'm on YOUR side on this. Micha:-) I'm not so sure your suggestion of pounding the table would work here as it might really upset the apple cart, so to speak. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Micha, Pounding the table would probably be the fastest way to divorce court. I think Shyguy is going about things right by going S-L-O-W. I do hope he can convince her to keep them. All this trouble just to send them back sounds silly. Scotty

thanks for all the support, I just tried re-ordering and opening my own account at the same time so waiting to see.

Shyguy:-) Good Show!!! You re-ordered and opened an account of your own? Just how does the wife feel about that? I hope she is O.K. with what you did as you sure don't need another set-back at this late date. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

It's allbeen agreed, it was her idea to open an account in my name as she uses her mums account. A bit embarassing when she got the call from her mum that "the order for size 8 stilettos didn't go through and aren't you a size 7?" :roll:

Shyguy:-) This could be a bit of a "sticky wicket" eh old boy! Possibly the cat could be out of the bag. Does your Mum-in-law know that you are into heels? Now I understand why your wife is letting you open an account in your name. It might ease an explanation to her Mum. Not only that---this might open a way for the future for you to obtain your own heels if things work out for you. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Not a problem with wife's mother. Wife can always tell mother that the company stated the wrong size in their conversation. :roll:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Well they finally arrived, ordered size 8 (my normal size, and largest available) but they had a very slim pointed toe and were too tight to enjoy (well not too tight to enjoy but enjoyment was tempered with pain to little toes.) I did walk for a few minutes in them, and even mrs shyguy had a go in them though she detests stilettoes with a passion.

So they're going back anyway and no point in arguing as the experience wasn't the desired one.

Some (very bad) pics of them

Posted Image

And another

Posted Image

Shyguy--- You have certainly progressed in style from the first picture to this last one. I am happy for you (even tho they don't fit). Since I am new to this forum, I went back & read your tale of "wo" from the begining (starting in Dec. 2003) thru your last post. I must say you have the PATIENCE OF JOB! Just was wondering how long you & Mrs. Shyguy have been married. If this is the only peeve she has with you, just sit down together & talk to her about a peeve you have with her. (for one - that shoe of hers that you were permitted to wear "out in full view" of the neighbors). If your wife is not too old, why does she wear such frumpy style shoes? She may not like to wear HH or maybe she doesn't feel comfortable in them but gads there are some very feminine styles in lower heels. I can't say I would feel very dressed up & feminine in those styles but to each their own. You know to me this saga will just keep going on & on unless you two have some serious talks. Somehow I am sure you can come to a mutual understanding as to how high is high, where & when you are to wear these shoes, colors of them & what outfits goes with them. Don't get me wrong - Dawn & I have had some disagreements on his "shoe" wearing. It doesn't matter to me what he wears in our home, however going out in public is another issue. Well anyway I just wanted to say keep trying to get her to see your point of view & her point of view to you. Tootles!!! Mickey68

an exercise in futility, wasn't it? (Oh, are you going to have them send a larger size in another style?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Shyguy:-) Boy, what a let-down. After going to all that effort to get your stilettos and they don't fit. you say that your normal size is a UK 8 and since they pinched your little toes, then you need to try a UK 9. I know that you said that that particular shoe only went up to a size UK 8. Maybe when you send them back you could choose another style of stiletto with a pointed toe and the same 3 3/4" heel. Sometimes in a shoe with a pointed toe box as sharp as that pair were you would need a larger size in order not to have your toes pushed deep into the point of the toe box and to give your foot more room to make your toes comfortable. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

Definitely the epitome of "form follows fashion," which usually results in ruin. When will the fashion designers learn that there are endless plays on "form follows function" that are very comfortable? I don't think 25% of the design variations have been exhausted, yet I continue to see shoddily-made heels in the interest of "fashion" that can only be worn on the runway by conditioned atheletes, and wouldn't last a quarter-mile on the smoothest street in the world - despite the fact that with a very few minor variations, these designs would retain their uniqueness yet be amazingly comfortable. I think all fashion designers should be forced to take an ergonomic engineering course or 40 courtesy of the AMA, the FDA, the EPA, or some other governmental organization who's capable of shutting down all imports/sales unless they meet reasonably stringent ergonometric requirements (like a padded or limited twist warp insole for high heels...)

Thanks for all your comments, all I can say is Mrs shyguy has said these go back, and no more stilettos as she hates them in general, and detests them on me. FYI we have had long discussions on my wearing, and she will tolerate me wearing her shoes of any height she has but does not want me having my own. I have to respect her wishes, this was a big deal for her to let me try stilettos in front of her, and I love her too much to go behind her back or push too hard for the sake of heel wearing. We have a compromise in her (albeit not very high) shoes being available to me whenever I feel the need, and I am not going to keep pushing the issue at the risk of losing what we have.

We have been married 4 years and been together nearly 8 years and been friends for much longer. We have a mutual respect, and understanding and I understand her reasons for not liking me in feminine shoes, reasons personal to her I need not go into here.

Again thanks everyone for your support and encouragement.

P.S. Mickey68 says

If your wife is not too old, why does she wear such frumpy style shoes?

I have to agree that is a pet peeve of mine but I love my wife for herself not her clothes :roll:

Shyguy:-) I can understand what you are saying about your wife and you as pertaining to wearing heels. It's a shame you couldn't have kept those stilettoes and enjoyed them or exchanged them for a better fit, but that puts you back to square one again. Mickey68 and I have been married for 35 years and I must respect her wishes at times as she must respect mine at times also. Marriage has to be a give and take situation. Sometimes you give more---sometimes you take less. Sometimes you are better off losing the battle instead of losing the war. He who retreats today lives to fight another day. You have lost the battle, but you are still in the war to make compromises another day. Don't be too disheartened about the heel wearing situation, at least your wife will let you wear any of her pairs of shoes any time you need to. you and her must both be the same size to be able to do that. That is a better situation than not being able to wear heels at all. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Shyguy:-)

I can understand what you are saying about your wife and you as pertaining to wearing heels. It's a shame you couldn't have kept those stilettoes and enjoyed them or exchanged them for a better fit, but that puts you back to square one again. Mickey68 and I have been married for 35 years and I must respect her wishes at times as she must respect mine at times also. Marriage has to be a give and take situation. Sometimes you give more---sometimes you take less. Sometimes you are better off losing the battle instead of losing the war. He who retreats today lives to fight another day. You have lost the battle, but you are still in the war to make compromises another day. Don't be too disheartened about the heel wearing situation, at least your wife will let you wear any of her pairs of shoes any time you need to. you and her must both be the same size to be able to do that. That is a better situation than not being able to wear heels at all. Cheers---

Dawn HH

Fine words of wisdom, Dawn HH. If I may, I would like to emphatically endorse them.

A shorter update today, the shoes going back isn't the be all and end all. We are still in discussion about me choosing/buying some shoes for me, and mrs shyguy says just to give her time to get her head around it, and keep wearing her shoes to help her with the idea of me in womens shoes. We are still going forward but at her pace. Who knows we may become the next DawnHH and Mickey68 on the boards in time :roll: I hope she can be as cool with it as Mickey68 anyway, you're a lucky guy DawnHH :)

Shyguy:-) After reading your last posts, It sounded very much like sending those shoes back was the very end for you. I am very happy to read that it is not, but now I can see Mrs. Shyguy's strategy letting you wear her shoes any time you need so she can get used to seeing you in female shoes. Like I and others have posted to you before---She must progress at her own pace even though it may be a slower pace. Mickey68 and I both accept your generous compliment with blushing faces. Thanks very much and we both accept with greatfullness. Yes, I am a very lucky guy, and I hope that Mickey68 is just as lucky and satisfied with my performance through the years as I have been with hers. Hang in there, Shyguy, as there may be a rainbow hidden for you somewhere in the future. I'm still on your side. I dont know whether Mrs. Shyguy knows what you post or not, but if she does, please extend my kudos to her in her efforts in this situation. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

Shyguy:-) After reading your last posts, It sounded very much like sending those shoes back was the very end for you. I am very happy to read that it is not, but now I can see Mrs. Shyguy's strategy letting you wear her shoes any time you need so she can get used to seeing you in female shoes. Like I and others have posted to you before---She must progress at her own pace even though it may be a slower pace. Mickey68 and I both accept your generous compliment with blushing faces. Thanks very much and we both accept with greatfullness. Yes, I am a very lucky guy, and I hope that Mickey68 is just as lucky and satisfied with my performance through the years as I have been with hers. Hang in there, Shyguy, as there may be a rainbow hidden for you somewhere in the future. I'm still on your side. I dont know whether Mrs. Shyguy knows what you post or not, but if she does, please extend my kudos to her in her efforts in this situation. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

DawnHH and Mickey68, you have given me good advice, and encouragement, but mostly shown me it can work out in a relationship when a man wears heels. That is my spur to take it slow and stay positive. I wouldn't have the patience I do or the determination to continue without the support of many members of this board.

Update

Was trying on the new shoes I bought for mrs shyguy yesterday and spent about an hour in some higher mules we chose together. We spent that time together discussing the fit and comfort of those and another pair of (low) sandals quite naturally and without any negatives about them being on my feet. Small steps. All forward.

:roll:

Shyguy:-) Let's analyse the input so far---you and your wife chose mules with a higher heel together---you wore them for an hour---they were bought for Mrs. Shyguy---no derogatory remarks during discussion. Hmmmmmm! Input! Analyse! Hmmmmmmm! CONCLUSION!!! I definitely see some PROGRESS. Slow---forward steps. One small step for a man in heels---One large step for Shyguy!!! CONCLUSION over!!! Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll::)

• 2 weeks later...

OK progress report. After our recent shoe buying expedition, and some more time spent in the higher mules, I was quite pleased with the progress. Last night I wore those same new mules for most of the evening as Mrs shyguy had worn them out for the day and said they hurt her feet, and I should wear them in for her (which she agrees is one good thing about my shoe "thing" as I can stretch her shoes while trying them on for a while). Bedtime I took them off and left them at her side of the bed for her to put back in her wardrobe. Fast forward to tonight and I am getting dressed after my daily bath and go to my wardrobe for my clothes. Inside are those mules. So I have to ask "why are these here?" Reply " I don't really like them much, and they hurt, but you like them so I'm giving them to you, you can wear them in here but not outside OK?" ME "Yeah great :roll: thanks" :):D:o Anyone in the same situation I was, advice is take it slow.

My wife has made more of an effort than me as I see it. I was working towards what I wanted so had a vested interest in success. She had to go against what she wanted and so has moved towards a failure. She has done far more than me in overcoming her prejudice.