A short wearing story....

shyguy

Shyguy:-) You are right in saying that it is not just 2 people involved here, but the whole of the board. Whether they post or are just lurkers, doesn't give any idea of how many are behind both you and Mrs. Shyguy, but I'll bet it is a lot more than just the ones who post here. When they see that you are making progress, it spurs them to follow along and try their own street-heeling. I know when I first started in December of 2003, I said to Mickey68 that if men all over the world could street-heel that there shouldn't be any reason why I couldn't do it and this gave me a lot of push to try it. As the other fellows have said, the more that you do it the more relaxed and the more fun you have, and that has been exactly what has transpired since. It's a wise decision that your children not see you wearing Mom's shoes as they most definitely would be curious enough to notice and question you about it. This could be one reason that Mrs. Shyguy gives you every chance to wear those shoes when the children aren't about. Another reason could be that she is becoming more comfortable with you doing it as she sees that nothing unusual has happened while being out wearing them in public and that you are still the same man whether you wear heels or not. I still say congratulations and enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH :roll:

High Heeled Boots Forever!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what I've tried to get across to my wife, I am the same man whatever is on my feet. One of our girls did see me in those shoes the other day and asked if they were mums, I said that they were but mum had bought them from the mens shop anyway. Mrs Shyguy said they were hers but were really mens shoes when asked later so it stopped there. As for going out in them, I would say to all who haven't tried it, get something sensible to go out in first and build your confidence. I don't know if anyone else would notice a man in stiletto heels, but no one has noticed my shoes when out in them, and that has me wanting to try something slightly higher, but still tame by some of the standards here :roll: It's a good feeling of doing something taboo even in my low heels

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Shyguy:-) Both you and Mrs. Shyguy really handled the children seeing you in Mom's shoes in a very great and responsibly way. When I started street-heeling, I didn't start with a low heel, but with heels between 3" an 4". But of course that wasn't the first time that I had worn heels. Get yourself a pair of chunky heeled boots about a ½" higher than the shoes that you are wearing now and use them for a while and then you can go up another ½" for the next time and so on and so on. People don't notice things done gradually, but will notice things done all of a sudden. It is the old story of putting the frog into boiling water and having him jump out immediately over putting him into cold water and increasing the heat gradually. Good luck and enjoy. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Chris100575:-) Ha! Ha! Very funny-LOL! I've been on the board long enough now that you should know that I use analogies, quips, and quotes from time to time. And then, there is my ever-present sense of humour that keeps popping up also. DOWN! DOWN! BACK! Hee-Hee! Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

The latest is that Mrs shyguy is not prepared to let me go further. Despite some positive discussions she snapped back, and although I can still wear these

Posted Image

Outside etc., and one pair of slides inside when possible, like these but in a sort of beige suede effect and withoutraised stitching

Posted Image

No way am I getting any boots or shoes that I choose myself (both pairs I can wear were hers originally). So a bit of a downer after the positives but I have to respect her views too.

Shyguy:-) I can see why your down in the doldrums on this heel wearing thing and I also feel as if I am down there with you. To quote a phrase, "I feel your pain". I have tried to understand the position that Mrs. Shyguy has put you in, but for the life of me, I can't grasp the rational of her strategy. I fully realize that you must support her wishes as it should be. But, it appears that when you have achieved one step towards the light and you start to feel up and good about the situation, she not only snatches that away from you, but puts everything into a retrograde movement in the completely opposite direction. It boggles the mind and seems so one sided and doesn't allow you the courtesy of being able to play on a level playing field. That's tough and unfair. I'm trying to look at both sides equally in this situation. What's the harm in letting you wear heels? Your not the first to do it, and certainly you won't be the last. I and others are still behind your efforts and I, for one, will still support and assist you in your efforts to come to a common ground where both you and Mrs. Shyguy can come to the realization that you wearing heels can satisfy both sides of the equation. Keep thinking positive and look for a brighter future. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D:)

So a bit of a downer after the positives but I have to respect her views too.

While I'm sorry for your situation, I admire your maturity about the whole issue, particular your willingness to respect your wife's concerns.

I'm glad you're putting your marriage first. It's the right thing to do.

I think I have maybe tried to push too fast, Mrs shyguy has given way a lot in this. We are still discussing this, and she says maybe in time she will allow me to get a pair of boots for outside wear, but not just yet, as she is worried this may lead to full on crossdressing, which I assure her it won't. Its not all negative, just a bit more of a waiting game but I can still wear the shoes outside, and slides indoors so I am happy with that for now. And I can try her boots on with long jeans indoors so we can both see how it looks (ok with one pair so far but 2 others to try).

Shyguy:-) Ah! A glimmer of hope and the negociations (SP) goes on. The horizon may be a bit brighter this day. Would it be possible to have a few pics of you in your wife's boots? If so, thanks in advance. Cheers--- Dawn HH

I would love to post pics DawnHH but mrs shyguy is still coming to terms with it all. More discussions took place, and she even ordered some boots for me, but the order didn't get through to completion due to an error, and she lost the impetus. She is trying real hard but is not ready yet.

• 3 weeks later...

A small update, still been trying to persuade mrs shyguy to let me wear some hh boots out but no go. She has a really nice pair of ankle boots I am stretching for her (as she has wider feet) indoors, and she has agreed I can wear those and her other boots as much as is possible without the children seeing. So I spent Saturday and Sunday evening wearing them around the house when the kids went to bed which was sheer heaven, they are soft supple leather and so light, they fit so nice even for a size smaller than I normally wear. Well at least I have some freedom to wear heels indoors now so life is good :D

I told my wife about my wearing high heels when I realized that our relationship was going to be more than just "boyfriend, girlfriend." It took time for her to adjust her attitude before we resumed seeing each other. When we finally decided to get married we established some rules which we followed. One rule was that I wouldn't wear them around the children and, although she did allow me to wear them around her, I tried not to wear them very often when she was in the house. We stuck to this arrangement and after 10 years she became totally supportive. I don't think she would ever reached that point had I insisted upon "having it all my way." It took that long for her to work through it. All I can advise you, shyguy, is to be patient and if you're as lucky as I've been, eventually every thing will work out.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Shyguy:-) Congrats---I see just a wee bit of forward movement here for you. Your wife is a tough nut to crack, but just as I and Bubba136 have said before---just be patient. Savor those in-house moments, as I'm sure you do, and enjoy some evening boot wearing for yourself. It really does the heart good, doesn't it. Enjoy to the fullest. Cheers--- Dawn HH :D

• 4 weeks later...

Latest on my personal story..... Today we went shoe shopping for a pair of quick to slip on cheap shoes I can wear to the car to drive to work to save me wearing dirty workboots to the house. After looking at all the mens shoes, we went to the ladies section, and me and mrs shyguy were able to discuss which shoes I may get away with wearing. And here's the biggie, I was actually trying on shoes in the ladies section of Brantano with mrs shyguy giving her verdict . Unfortunately the ones I liked had a very soft back and were hard to get into as the back would squash down, as the whole idea is ease to slip on they weren't suitable. Still no heels just for me, but at least she is getting more open to me trying womens shoes (even if quite flat). Still it was fun to try some on in store, and with an assistant nearby and several customers in the same aisle. Still looking for some slip on shoes (not backless)with not too high a heel and not overtly feminine and CHEAP so any ideas please??

Well,

I didn't plan this on purpose, but we went out shopping lastnight and I was planning on wearing these:

Posted Image

and my wife said "Are you really going to wear those? How about these instead"

Posted Image

So I guess going too "extreme" in her mind pushed her to suggest something less "extreme" but still a nice heel!:D

Keep at it, I think the way you are going at it is fine.

Scotty

• 1 month later...

Had a day off work today to go christmas shopping with Mrs shyguy. Spent the morning in the shoes shown at the beginning of this thread (gone now so reposted here)And no thats not me, thats a pic from the Next.co.uk site http://www.next.co.uk

Posted Image

As expected with such nondescript shoes no one noticed at all, even mrs shyguy agreed they are more manly than feminine. Still enjoyed a 3 hour walk around Northampton town centre in them. We have agreed I can wear them more often if I feel like it. :D

Mrs shyguy still needs convincing that I should go higher though, and that she should lend me her boots, or let me buy some similar :-?

Shyguy:-) If Mrs. Shyguy wants you to wear her boots, take advantage of every opportunity that she affords. If it comes to her letting you buy your own boots, start with the heel height that she is comfortable with and increase the heel height on each new pair of boots by a half inch higher. Maybe this will help you a bit. Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been wearing women's shoes and boots for so long that I don't feel normal in anything else. I can't remember the last time I wore men's shoes. They're so boring. :) I do not hesitate wearing women's footwear in public. I get thrills knowing that I'm wearing hhigh heels. I am very particular about what kind of women's footwear I'll wear. The only color I'll even consider is black. Absolutely no open toed shoes. Heel height varies from one inch to five inches. I prefer slim, stiletto heels, but will wear other types. Most of my boots are knee-high. I have three pair of over the knee (OTK) and several ankle high. All are crafted in black leather. I detest patent.

Bootlover1935:-) Welcome to the High Heel Place Megaforums. I, like you, am a boot lover. I don't have any ankle boots at the moment, but I have several pairs of knee-high boots, 1 pair of OTK boots and Mickey68 just ordered me a new pair just last night. They are all black but for one pair. I know just what you mean about the joys of street-heeling in my boots. BTW---is 1935 your birth year by any chance? Cheers--- Dawn HH

• 1 month later...

for the latest on my HH discussions with mrs shyguy see here http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=3425&start=20&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

It's getting better for me, and others can take heart in what taking it gradually has done for my situation.

Shyguy:-) Congratulations! It appears that the advice you have taken from some of the board members to go slow and hold your patience is finally paying off. Mrs. Shyguy is finally softening a bit for you. Do keep us all posted on your progress on this subject. It's called educating Mrs. Shyguy in the ways of men wearing high heels. Congrats again. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Shyguy:-) You and Mrs. Shyguy have come a long way towards your being able to wear heels. It may be a small collection, but it is a great start for you. Those are great pics that you took and I see that you experimented with the mirror trick. I'm going to have to remember that one. Your new heels really look great on you and they seem to fit well. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks to all on this board again, for helping me to stick at it, and to take it slow. As for the fit DawnHH, they fit real nice, and having worn them yesterday for an hour really enjoy the feeling. The heel is listed in the catalogue as 3" but measured 4" at the back. Mrs shyguy tried them, and found them difficult to walk in, but she doesn't do heels anyway, and particularly hates stilettos. Mrs S has even said she may help me do some pics standing in them sometime, but not pushing things too far yet, she has come a long long way in her acceptance.