Stickers

I hate it when you buy a new thing and there's a sticker on it. Or rather I hate it when there's a sticker on it that you can't remove without it delaminating and leaving a load of glue with shreds of paper in it. CD's with "includes the hit single..." Glad you told me, I'd never have thought of turning it over to read the back. DVD's with "age restricted product" stickers over the barcode, because the big red circle with "18" in it isn't obvious enough. The worst part about those is that the checkout operator then unceremoniously rips the damn thing off to get to the barcode, leaving the aforementioned sticky mess. It's bad enough with proper DVD cases, but with the pants cardboard things that Warner still use it's impossible to remove. And shoes. I know that you need to have the size and price on them, but if they're going to insist on using non-removable stickers why can't they put them under the front where you'll eventually walk it off, rather than just in front of the heel where it will stay for ever more and advertise to the world in general how much you paid for them and what size you wear. Having just bought a CD a DVD and a pair of boots I've had to deal with it three times. That's better. Needed to vent.

I think Bladerunner has spotted something with the conspiracy theory. This is the internet after all, and you need a good conspiracy theory on any forum ......

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Most shoe stickers peel off first time. But for those that don't, or delaminate leaving the glue, it's nothing that a warm tap, nylon brillo pad, washing up liquid, and 2 minutes gentle scrubbing won't shift. Nail varnish remover and cotton wool is also effective.

bar codes on shoe labels and conspiracy theories? sounds like something I could have my imagination run riot on for a few seconds! try this - spy satellites are now so sophisticated that they can read the fine print on a newspaper from orbit. Using this technology and the ultra small cameras placed all over the world, they can now track a pair of shoes no matter where they go. Maybe they're hoping that Bin Laden or Saddam are going to buy some! :( As for freebies on magazines. Why don't they stick them on the inside of the cover where there's something of less importance. I don't mind wrecking the inside of the cover, it's far preferable to a large white scar on the outside! As for another type of label ! We bought a Harry Potter Model Train Set last year and were dismayed to find that it had a "Pre-Tested" sticker on it. To most people this would mean "excellent, they've made sure it works". To us it means "bollocks. If we leave it on it devalues the set. If we try and remove it, it ruins the box and devalues the set". A classic No Win situation. I pointed this out to the vendor concerned and he has promised that if an untainted box comes in, he'll ring me and tell me to come collect. Plus he's now looking at low tack stickers. ps. it was the first release Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone set and it's value has nearly trebled! Not that we intend selling it :(

Well, the sat cams and the street cams may pick up our latest hair do or indeed the bald patch, but I fear the shoe label will be safe from this latest scandelous Gov intrusion. Is that all the more reason to wear you shoe label wth pride :drinking:

Bubba136 wrote: Oh yeah! How about all of those miniture spy cameras installed in sidewalks that take pictures looking up? Oh dear, look out those of you in skirts, the'll be able to tell if you exaggerated :(

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly