Car Shopping.

legs777777

Hi All. Time to post again, decided to look for a new car and wondered if l was brave enough to go looking in my heels. so l went to three local garages, wore my knee high cowboy boots with a three in heel. Wandered all round the forecourts and the showrooms, managed two test drives too. And no one even noticed. Again it felt great, the only problem it poses for me now is when l go back l will need to wear them again as the sudden drop in hight would probably be noticed. But it did feel bloody great. Just goes to show you every one is right with their comments that nobody really notices or cares. legs777777

• 2 weeks later...

A while back I went car shopping in my long pants and 5" oxfords. This is a setup most people don't notice anything unususal - other than my 6'8" height! The first thing I do when car shopping is to try on cars for fit. It's my "Phelpsian" long torso that places my head into the healdliner in most cars, not a lack of space for the feet. Driving position is important - and almost as - is the need to have some space to change bottoms. My RAM has lot's of room - and a tilt steering wheel is a must. My favorite test drive was the C6 Vette convertable.... It just fell good racing around in heels....

tallguyinheels, pebblesf; Car shopping is one I have not done in heels. I am only 5' 8.5" tall so I can wear almost anything and not be as tall as you. I would make the point that, if you are looking at possibly spending thousands or tens of thousands of dollars on a vehicle, then NOBODY should dare say anything negative about your footwear. Nearly all sales people are graded and paid by their sales volume which drops precipitously if one decides to start making negative gestures toward potential carbuyers. HappyinHeels

I really don't think a salesman will have the powers of recall to notice a slight (3") drop in height. Especially when he probably meets 50+ people per day.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I really don't think a salesman will have the powers of recall to notice a slight (3") drop in height. Especially when he probably meets 50+ people per day.

I have to agree. The salesperson is just interested in the sale and satisfaction rating they receive and a small change in height isn't something meeting that many people could possibly be remembered. Unless your style of dress really stood out.

By the way Dr Shoe, how is that foot that was stepped on by a huge horse?

It no longer hurts and I'm back in my favourite heels. The toe is quite mishapen so I'm guessing it was broken but I can live with it. Thanks for asking! :)

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.