Back Up Shoes?

tallguyinheels

I noticed while in London ( a great city - my first time there) for the Olympics, that it was common to see ladies get off the subway or the bus, and once at street level swap their low heel shoes (flats, Toms, etc.) for a set of pumps or wedges with heels for work. I guess this would be very practical and more comfortable. And from my guy's perspective - a little bit sexy. what is is interesting is that they didn't wait until in the office (though some might have) they switch before - so they would walk to work, or Starbucks before work in heels. The pratical nature of this is that they need a handbag large enough for the heels! My guess is you would see this in NYC and other large cities also. In automobile centric cities - the swap probably occurs in the parking lot. That's where I change shoes anyway.

Yes, they always used to swap in the office therefore being able to keep the heels at work. However, the "pre-work socials" politics dictate that the heels be worn whilst ordering the morning coffee. Remember that women dress to impress each other.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

As I am only one of about 2 maybe 3 people at my job that wears heels on a regular/daily basis, I don't see the girls changing their shoes out. I wear mine from the time I leave the house until I get home and retire for the evening. -Nikki

For those who are happy to wear their heels all day that's cool. Personally I'll often wear flats for walking long distances and then change into my heels at an appropriate moment, I find the day more comfortable and the heels more enjoyable that way. The more I've worn my heels in public the more I've been relaxed about doing that. It does feel like quite a "girly" thing to do and I like that. I notice many women doing that in London and they generally tend to have well-toned legs, perhaps because they do lots of walking in different heel heights throughout the day.

If you like it, wear it.

I do keep a pair of steel toe work shoes that I absolutely hate at the theatre for doing tasks not conducive to the wearing of stiletto heels. Also keep a pair of sneaker (trainers) in my truck. It's real easy here to be miles from nowhere.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Skowhegan is actually the first major town on the route from Quebec City to Old Orchard Beach. Lot's of french ladies in their high heels to admire while having coffee, breakfast and WiFi at the Skowhegan McDonald's with me in heels as well, of course.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Agree with the Dr most women switch to hgher heels once they are anywhere in range of being judged by other women they may know/ associate with. I often take a more comfortable pair of heels with me, the height of the heels are pretty similar around 4'' but dependent on how much I walk I may have to switch to a more chunky heel for comfort.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Skowhegan is actually the first major town on the route from Quebec City to Old Orchard Beach. Lot's of french ladies in their high heels to admire while having coffee, breakfast and WiFi at the Skowhegan McDonald's with me in heels as well, of course.

Ah, so it's true! The only important thing in Skowhegan is...YOU! (If you don't believe me, ask anyone else here! ha ha)

:rocker:

Steve

Agree with the Dr most women switch to hgher heels once they are anywhere in range of being judged by other women they may know/ associate with.

I wonder how many women also switch to lower heels at times for fear of being judged negatively by other women about their "too high" heels?

Edited by SleekHeels

If you like it, wear it.