My latest outing

RRhakkie

Hi Fellow Heelers,

My last holiday, i've decided to walk as much as possible on heels. Driving to Salzburg was not a problem. If someone noticed the heels, at the short break(s), i didn't care. Those people i would never see again.

Same idea at Salzburg city, nobody know's me overthere and it is a touristic place, so everyone is looking to the scenery (instead of looking to me :smile:)

The best part was a (day)trip to Munich with the train. I had no other shoes with me that day, so i had to do it with these http://www.flickr.com/photos/rrhakkie/4013582942/in/set-72157622464109465/ boots. The most difficult part, for me, was the noise in the pedestrian tunnel at the train station. There where some people and it is normaly very quiet, in the early morning. The heels where 'echo-ing' realy loud. I was a bit 'scary', because of the thought "does anyone notice my shoes?". The heels mostly covered by my pants, but the noise..... Well maybe they did, but nobody cares....

As soon the train arrived at Munich main station, there was so much noice and a lot of people, my 'click-clacks' of my heels are almost gone.

A lot of walking in de the city-centre, with all the 'hazards' a city can have, such as bad pavement, escalators, put-holes, gaps and so on.

Slowly i get used to the noice of the heels (and in the crowd nobody hears it)

And at the way back, there was that 'tunnel' again. But now i don't care about the noice, in fact it is a beautiful sound.

Those 10 day's of holiday i've only walked on these http://www.flickr.com/photos/rrhakkie/6683697899/in/set-72157622464109465/

grey booties. (b.t.w. these are a lot quiter :wave:) and the black boots. Now i prefer the black boots, not only i like them more (no wedge) but also the 'click-clack' sound. And..... the heel is in the snow also very useful. It's a sort of 'ice-pick'

If someone is still 'doubting' of street-heeling, just do it! Start at a busy place and you will see, it's not scary, it's fun! .... enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I used to enjoy going out regularly without a hitch before I retired. Now that I have moved, it seems the people here are a little backward and seem to want to run me out of town on a rail. I usually have to drive about 125 miles to a larger city to avoid such complications. You seem to have the perfect locale to enjoy heeling. Keep it up.