The Granny Shuffle In Heels?

weird1

From Mrs. Weird One, Why is it? Please tell me someone. Why is it that some woman buy shoes that are way to big for them? So let me tell you why I bring this up. My husband and I went away for the weekend to celebrate New Years and while we were out we had noticed many woman had on shoes that were at least 1/2 to 1 size too large. Please, give me a break. How would one find that appealing to do the granny shuffle in a pair of large shoes especially out in public. I had seen young children try to wear their mothers heels but give me a cotton - pic ken - break. If you are an adult (and to wear heals you should be) why not buy some heels that fit? We had seen beautiful dresses that should have been matched with beautiful shoes but that was definitely not the case. Ya, know. Nobody ever said that fashion was was not painful. I guess that it's quite except-able to squeeze a fat butt into a pair of small jeans and in allot of cases it looks ok but to put small feet into a pair of boats is just plain wrong. A word of advice to all woman whom think that it is ok to wear ill fitting shoes. "You do not look good - nothing about it is appealing" Now on the other hand if you want to look stupid, shuffle around and look like a little child in heals, be my guest. But be an adult and DON'T DO IT IN PUBLIC!!!

You know, the bad thing is that we saw at least 30+ women wearing shoes that were WAY WAY too large. Even if they were borrowed it is still not an excuse for looking like a duff-us.

TV......The End. I mean, if one "top dog of the world" wears them too big, Everyone takes it on as a 'style' and starts doing the same. Ohhh, how fashion can take some big missteps!

Formally "HHDude"

I was going to say, if it was a lot of women not walking well in their heels, that I could understand. New Years, could be a lot of women went for a higher, 'glam' heel than they usually wear. But the wrong size, that just doesn't seem to make sense.

That is odd that so many different women were wearing high heels that were too big for them. The only thing I might figure is that they wanted to wear a certain style that was not available in their size and they decided to go larger that smaller in size. But they are still stuck with a shoe that is too big for them. All in the name of celebrating.

When they're growing up their mothers make sure they have "growing room" and so as children, their shoes were almost always too big. As adults, they would buy boots and lace up shoes with the same consideration, "growing room"! The problem is, unless they are expert and experienced pump wearers they will buy pumps too big too.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Over holiday dinner with the family, the girls were talking about shoes. What I gathered from their conversation was that they tend to buy a half size larger because they "fit better" and 'are more comfortable' when in reality, they probably should be buying a shoe in a wide size instead. This seems to be the case regardless of heel or flat. Only one of the girls wears 'true to size' and she can wear a stiletto platform virtually all day long. - - - and no, I didn't enter into the conversation regarding my preferences. That would have been a terrible situation.

Hi, I see this too (not a great deal though) . I wear stilettos all day, and never at home. I know I would struggle to wear higher heels that were loose fitting - especially loose pumps, they would be the worst. I just wonder why others would wear loose shoes, if my opinion is correct about them being harder to wear loose? I believe the higher the heel the more snug (not tight) a fit is needed, especially to have control of stilettoed footwear. To look good you have to have control. Cheers Heel-Lover

Hi,

I see this too (not a great deal though) .

I wear stilettos all day, and never at home. I know I would struggle to wear higher heels that were loose fitting - especially loose pumps, they would be the worst. I just wonder why others would wear loose shoes, if my opinion is correct about them being harder to wear loose? I believe the higher the heel the more snug (not tight) a fit is needed, especially to have control of stilettoed footwear. To look good you have to have control.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

And if there is no control of what you have on, it looks like they wobble, and creep along. In many ways, it's probably more dangerous, and likely to cause ankle injuries.

Now that I think about it, I can't recall the last time I was at a store where the sales associate actually helped the customer fit shoes. That alone may be a reason we are seeing some of the foot injuries we see these days.

I think a problem is that many stores, where I live at least, don't stock half sizes. So I'm stuck between a size that I really cannot squeeze myself into, and a size that is just a wee bit too big. Evidently I need to choose the latter.