Help with a problem, sore legs.

legs777777

Hi all. looking for some suggestions how to stop my calves being sore, Just receintly started going out wearing my boots but I am finding my calve muscles ache, is there any thing I can do to help this, its making my walks a bit shorter than I would like. Help.

Hi all. looking for some suggestions how to stop my calves being sore, Just receintly started going out wearing my boots but I am finding my calve muscles ache, is there any thing I can do to help this, its making my walks a bit shorter than I would like. Help.

Wearing heels impacts the muscles in your calves and ankles much differently than does wearing flats or sneakers. That soreness you are experiencing is the same soreness that you would experience after your first few trips to the gym.

The good news is that there is a fix!!!!!! Go for more walks, and the muscles in your calves will strengthen and the pain will go away!

Wearing heels is a work out for your legs. In time those muscle aches will pass. If you continue to wear heels more and more then you will find that those initial muscle aches have been replaced by other kinds of aches.

Amanda is absolutely correct. Do toe reaches or walk on your tip-toes (no shoes) for any length of time and you will experience the same effect. Stretching exercises will help, but I think it is a matter of just getting used to wearing them.

I felt the same tightness in my calf muscles the first time I wore my heels in public, I think because I was walking much longer distances than I was used to in heels, even though they were only 3" wedges. I wore flats for a day or two before wearing heels again, and the problem seems to have gone away even when I spend all day in heels higher than that.

If you like it, wear it.

Any excersise routine that one does, when muscles are used, then they can ach a little. With time, as they become fitter, the ach will disappear. Do lots of walking, but limit yourself to say once or twice a week to start with, then after two or three weeks, you will surprise yourself, how much you can achieve with out pain. Three or four kilometers at a time is good

Blacksheep