London Theartre Trip

Foxyheels

Well on Monday night me and MrsF went to the west end to see Mama Mia. We had wanted to see it for a while and as we were in London for two days it was the perfect opportunity. We set out Monday morning to do a bit of shopping and pick the tickets up, I wore my 3 inch block heeled boots which are very comfortable as I didn't want to have sore feet for the evening. We got the tickets and then went shopping for about four hours on Oxford Street. On our return to the hotel we rested a while before getting ready to go out. I wore my four and a half inch block heeled boots and MrsF was wearing a pair of five inch black knee high boots. She asked me if I realised most of the heel was on show when I sat down, I told her yes and it was ok even though I would be sitting on the tube and at the theatre a lot. This is the highest heel I have worn out and I have to say the pavements and uneven surfaces were challenging. However, it was a fantastic night out and I felt very comfortable wearing and displaying my heels. There was very little if any reaction from anyone, they just didn't notice or care. I will certainly be wearing them again. Here's a picture of the shoes/ boots we wore. I have loaded a new album in the gallery of what we were wearing on the night if you wish to take a look, including some pictures of us at the theatre.

post-27588-13352296107_thumb.jpg

post-27588-133522961087_thumb.jpg

post-27588-133522961099_thumb.jpg

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Nice pictures. I made this comment in another thread, but I think a heeled guy out with a woman is, probably most times, going to get a pass from others. Whether right or wrong, a single guy out, who looks 'different', it's not that unlikely they'd get a comment from someone (many of us can probably confirm that). But I think if you're out with a woman, it's almost like they are providing the acknowledgement to others that, "he's okay, he's not a freak..." It also might have helped that her heels were just as tall (taller actually) than yours. If she was in flats, maybe you'd stand out. But both in heels, hopefully people just thought you were a heel-loving couple.

You both look fantastic. I love both of your footwear and it looks and sounds like you both had a great evening. You both are so lucky to enjoy each others company while you both are wearing high heels. Thank you for sharing this special night with us.

I must admit I'm quite surprised that a part organised trip to Priscilla Queen of the Desert hasn't been voiced yet? I certainly have walked past the theatre in heels and thought that could be fun. Even so I think I ought to watch the film first. Glad you both had a fantastic time Al

You both look fantastic. I love both of your footwear and it looks and sounds like you both had a great evening. You both are so lucky to enjoy each others company while you both are wearing high heels. Thank you for sharing this special night with us.

Thank you, it was a special night and we have been out again last Saturday to a local pub to a 40th birthday party with MrsF's mum and dad(first time in front of family). I wore my four inch chunky heeled boots and MrsF had a pair of five inch peep toe shoes.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Nice pictures. I made this comment in another thread, but I think a heeled guy out with a woman is, probably most times, going to get a pass from others. Whether right or wrong, a single guy out, who looks 'different', it's not that unlikely they'd get a comment from someone (many of us can probably confirm that). But I think if you're out with a woman, it's almost like they are providing the acknowledgement to others that, "he's okay, he's not a freak..."

It also might have helped that her heels were just as tall (taller actually) than yours. If she was in flats, maybe you'd stand out. But both in heels, hopefully people just thought you were a heel-loving couple.

Sounded like a challenge to me so yesterday I went out ALONE with my block heeled ankle boots on.

First call was as the doctors surgery in my village to drop off a repeat prescription request for MrsF, there were about 15 people in the waiting room but nobody paid me any attention.

It was then onto the bank to pat a bill, I spoke briefly with the counter girl but she wouldn't have seen my shoes due to the counter, a few others in the bank but no comments.

I then went on into Leicester for a walk around and browse as I am after a pair of knee high slim block heeled boots about 4 " high.

I parked in the shopping centre and walked through and headed outside to a shoe shop close to the Market. They didn't have what I wanted but had a very nice pair of stiletto suede knee high boots, one of the assistants asked if she could help and I said they were nice but no quite what I was looking for. She said I should try them on, I did and they were very comfortable but as I already have similar I declined but I can't fault her trying to make a sale.

Several shops and little o no comment later I returned to my car and drove home, another successful outing alone with no consequences.