Got A Nice Compliment Today

Mr. X

I was doing a little shoe shopping today. I Stopped in at one of the stores here. I have mentioned it before in my travel thread. I always just window shop there. They are a quite pricey for me. Most of the shoes are $100 or more. So far it has always been the same salesgirl when I go in there, but today there was a new one. Or one I hadn't seen before. She was a younger blonde women. And she wasn't bad to look at.

I found a pair of flat black "BCBG" flash pumps. Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/BCBGirls-BG-FLASH-BCBGeneration-Womens-Flash/dp/B0029NYNTA The shoes were $95, so I had no intention on buying them. But I decided to try them on anyhow. She mentioned that they were comfortable and that she had the same pair. She said Monday's are usually slow. So I think she was eager to help.

Now here is where the compliment comes in. I tried them on and I told her that they were extremely comfortable like she said. As I was walking to the mirror for a look, she said, and I quote. "Those look AWESOME with those jeans your wearing". Looking in the mirror I had to agree. As she watched me pose and turn in the mirror she asked how they were? They were absolutely perfect! And they did look AMAZING on me. But being that they were pricey, I told her they were slightly big, and that I felt like my heel was slipping out the back. I told her I am usually between a 9/10 for size. These were a 10. She said she is the same. She usually runs anywhere from 8/9 for size. If they were cheaper I definitely would have bought them. They looked spectacular on me and this beautiful young women owned the same pair. But be that as it may, I thanked her, and walked out of the store with my head held high. But not before she gave me their card with the web address. Her interaction with me totally made my day. I still can't keep the smile of my face thinking about it. I really wish I could have justified buying those shoes though. I will definitely be shopping there again. And I may eventually purchase something...lol. Thanks for listening!

MrX, I think you can justify the purchase this way; 1-You will spend the same amount of money on two or three pairs of shoes in the upcoming year without the great fit and without the great store experience you just had. Spend $95 now for a great fit and a great beginning to a retail relationship or the same amount on two or three pairs that fit OK and no experience to remember it. I know $95 sounds like a lot taken alone but within the the totality of your shopping trips I think it will stand out as one of the best purchases you could have ever made. I would not hesitate to go back and buy them from her. HappyinHeels:wave:

I found a pair of flat black "BCBG" flash pumps. Here is a link: http://www.amazon.com/BCBGirls-BG-FLASH-BCBGeneration-Womens-Flash/dp/B0029NYNTA The shoes were $95, so I had no intention on buying them. But I decided to try them on anyhow. She mentioned that they were comfortable and that she had the same pair. She said Monday's are usually slow. So I think she was eager to help.

The link shows a rather nice shoe with a heel. Did you mean 'flat' or are these actually the shoes - at a considerably cheaper price?

'Come, and trip it as ye go

On the light fantastic toe.'

John Milton

MrX,

I think you can justify the purchase this way; 1-You will spend the same amount of money on two or three pairs of shoes in the upcoming year without the great fit and without the great store experience you just had. Spend $95 now for a great fit and a great beginning to a retail relationship or the same amount on two or three pairs that fit OK and no experience to remember it. I know $95 sounds like a lot taken alone but within the the totality of your shopping trips I think it will stand out as one of the best purchases you could have ever made. I would not hesitate to go back and buy them from her.

HappyinHeels:wave:

That makes a lot of sense. But I can still not justify the high price tag. There are not many shoes, if any, that I will plunk down that kind of money for.

The link shows a rather nice shoe with a heel. Did you mean 'flat' or are these actually the shoes - at a considerably cheaper price?

I guess I should have clarified. By "flat", I meant the finish on the shoes, not the heel height. Yes, those are the ones.

I was doing a little shoe shopping today. I Stopped in at one of the stores here. I have mentioned it before in my travel thread. I always just window shop there. They are a quite pricey for me. Most of the shoes are $100 or more. So far it has always been the same salesgirl when I go in there, but today there was a new one. Or one I hadn't seen before. She was a younger blonde women. And she wasn't bad to look at.

Now here is where the compliment comes in. I tried them on and I told her that they were extremely comfortable like she said. As I was walking to the mirror for a look, she said, and I quote. "Those look AWESOME with those jeans your wearing". Looking in the mirror I had to agree. As she watched me pose and turn in the mirror she asked how they were? They were absolutely perfect! And they did look AMAZING on me. But being that they were pricey, I told her they were slightly big, and that I felt like my heel was slipping out the back. I told her I am usually between a 9/10 for size. These were a 10. She said she is the same. She usually runs anywhere from 8/9 for size. If they were cheaper I definitely would have bought them. They looked spectacular on me and this beautiful young women owned the same pair. But be that as it may, I thanked her, and walked out of the store with my head held high. But not before she gave me their card with the web address. Her interaction with me totally made my day. I still can't keep the smile of my face thinking about it. I really wish I could have justified buying those shoes though. I will definitely be shopping there again. And I may eventually purchase something...lol. Thanks for listening!

Great heels in the link, thanks. Second, even though they were more expensive, you got great service and if you're going to buy them anyway, would it be worth shelling out that extra? After all, if they go out of business, where will you got then?

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave: