Street Heelers under 30?

Philly410

Hey there, I'm new here and wondering if there are any street heelers under 30 out there? If so, what have your experiences been like? What do you love about heeling? I am 25, in a committed relationship, and a serious street heeler!! Let's talk shoes!

Well, I'm 26.

My experiences have been good. I haven't had any negative encounters and have even received a few compliments for my style. My wife is also very supportive. My style experimentation doesn't just stop with heels, however, as I'm very much into freestyle fashion.

You can see some of the styles I wear out and about at my Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mspookshow/

I'm getting there!!! I'm 27 and I'm experimenting with alot of women's shoes at the moment; not just heels. I wore some brown oxford lace ups while I was in Atlantic City last weekend! It was a huge rush! I was extremely nervous the entire time... but I did go to a few stores while out there and tried on plenty of heels and boots. Courage is being built up daily!!!

Spook I love your style! How long have you been wearing dresses and skirts!?

That is a look that I would love to work into my wardrobe!

I'd been incorporating the odd garment into my wardrobe here and there for years, but it wasn't until about February of this year that I decided to truly take my style to the next level.

Thank you for the compliments! It's been a lot of fun discovering my personal style.

Do any of you guys have girlfriends or significant others? If so, what have their reactions been like?

My wife has been supportive and accepting. I don't think she really likes the style personally, but it's never been an issue. She does frequently compliment my legs, and she does get some stuff I buy that is too small for me (we are close to the same size) so it isn't a completely bad deal for her, haha.

She's pretty much a jeans & t-shirt kinda girl, so I think it's a bit funny that I own more dresses, skirts, and heels than she does! Ah well.

I'm 17 but NOT a street heeler. Can't wait for the days where I am but I live in Los Angeles and just graduated High School and my hobbies involve video games at home with friends from time to time (Who don't know my 'lil secret). The opportunity hasn't exactly presented itself, but I have started wearing my flats when I go out late at night through the drive through (Obviously meaning I never have to get out of the car). My biggest problem at the moment is theorizing outfits that work and deciding that outfits I do have ACTUALLY work, as opposed to "I've just gotten used to it so sure, this will work." I went to New York on a Family Vacation and actually felt like I could walk outside in Heels without a problem, except I was there with family so they didn't exactly know what lie layers deep within my suitcase. We were there for a week and for a few of those days I was home alone in the hotel so I did wear heels in there but never even went outside in them to grab a bucket of ice :) Opportunities missed!

I'm 17 but NOT a street heeler. Can't wait for the days where I am but I live in Los Angeles and just graduated High School and my hobbies involve video games at home with friends from time to time (Who don't know my 'lil secret). The opportunity hasn't exactly presented itself, but I have started wearing my flats when I go out late at night through the drive through (Obviously meaning I never have to get out of the car).

My biggest problem at the moment is theorizing outfits that work and deciding that outfits I do have ACTUALLY work, as opposed to "I've just gotten used to it so sure, this will work."

I went to New York on a Family Vacation and actually felt like I could walk outside in Heels without a problem, except I was there with family so they didn't exactly know what lie layers deep within my suitcase. We were there for a week and for a few of those days I was home alone in the hotel so I did wear heels in there but never even went outside in them to grab a bucket of ice :) Opportunities missed!

Let me tell you that the entire outfit does matter. It sounds like you have grounded yourself in the reality of a man who wears high heels. Let me also tell you you that you have gotten the jist of what it takes to to wear high heels as a guy. Ok BTW, NYC is a great place to wear high heels. People will ask about them. Just be honest, my experience in high heels in New York was very positive.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Do any of you guys have girlfriends or significant others? If so, what have their reactions been like?

My girlfriend initially accepted it well, took her a little while to get used to, but now i think she's pretty much over the shock factor of it. We'll go out in public together wearing heels at some point, we just haven't had the opportunity to as we live in different states. She buys me heels and i buy her heels so it works well :)