feather rustling?

lorriette

Those of you who have read my replies will know I wear heels almost daily, and, in public regularly. So here goes.

For the last decade, the idea of men wearing high heels has been cropping-up on a regular basis, and with a mild degree of acceptance. If wearing either mens higher heels, or doing like the rest of us and buying ones intended for women, great---carry on.

I cannot see the male pulic buying into this in the next decade. Sure, some famous or artistic guys will, but the vast majority won't. The saving factor at present is that folks are tied up in thier own problems and reaction varies from ammusement to disdain, or more likely disinterest.

I don't expect to still be about when men find true equality in fashion choice.

Keep at though, stranger things have happened.

totter along into history

Those of you who have read my replies will know I wear heels almost daily, and, in public regularly. So here goes.

For the last decade, the idea of men wearing high heels has been cropping-up on a regular basis, and with a mild degree of acceptance. If wearing either mens higher heels, or doing like the rest of us and buying ones intended for women, great---carry on.

I cannot see the male pulic buying into this in the next decade. Sure, some famous or artistic guys will, but the vast majority won't. The saving factor at present is that folks are tied up in thier own problems and reaction varies from ammusement to disdain, or more likely disinterest.

I don't expect to still be about when men find true equality in fashion choice.

Keep at though, stranger things have happened.

Agreed - - 99% of men I know have no fashion interest at all. The buy a pair of Nike's and use them to go everywhere outside of their home, and to go to work.

lorriette, It sounds like you go about life with an unabashed love of self-expression and that precisely what all freedom-loving souls want. We don't need acceptance from some self-appointed fashion authority or the "green light" from shoe designers to do what we want. Rather, when you step out into the world, you expect to be treated with the same dignity as ANY human being anywhere would expect in a free society without regard to clothing choices, footwear choices, gender, color, or any of the other manufactured reasons some create to dislike others. The more strongly you believe this stronger the CONFIDENCE shall propel your every step! HappyinHeels:wavey:

I honestly don't want it to become mainstream or I'll have to find another way to be unique. lol! Tolorance and acceptance works fine for me. Why would I want to change that? I certainly don't need the fashion industry to validate my wearing of heels or society as a whole for that matter. The people I meet everyday is all the validation I need.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I honestly don't want it to become mainstream or I'll have to find another way to be unique. lol! Tolorance and acceptance works fine for me. Why would I want to change that? I certainly don't need the fashion industry to validate my wearing of heels or society as a whole for that matter. The people I meet everyday is all the validation I need.

Shafted,

I do understand what you are saying, but I don't know if I absolutely totally agree with you. Lorriette and I are the same age and we both remember the 70's when women and men wearing some form of high-heeled footwear was common-place. I don't know if we will ever reach that point again in society but I do agree with you on one thing. I do enjoy the uniqueness of my attire and wearing high heels in public and knowing that I am special and will receive reactions from on-lookers. But even if every other man on the street were wearing high heels when I was, I would still feel special, pretty, and unique. And I would compliment the other person wearing high heels and hope they would comment on my attire.

Shafted,

I do understand what you are saying, but I don't know if I absolutely totally agree with you. Lorriette and I are the same age and we both remember the 70's when women and men wearing some form of high-heeled footwear was common-place. I don't know if we will ever reach that point again in society but I do agree with you on one thing. I do enjoy the uniqueness of my attire and wearing high heels in public and knowing that I am special and will receive reactions from on-lookers. But even if every other man on the street were wearing high heels when I was, I would still feel special, pretty, and unique. And I would compliment the other person wearing high heels and hope they would comment on my attire.

Okay I guess I was laying it on heavy because I completely agree with you. I think that what I said is valid for me now and probably would change as times change.

I really could see proliferation of men wearing high heels going out of control in very unappealing ways. Not likely to happen in my book or my lifetime.

I would imagine it was my first sentence that you didn't agree with?

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

First off, I'm not alone here. Some of you think further than " those are nice, i must get some." Shafted had a good point with wishing to feel unique, just look at the new trend of butt ugly, flat working boots, lots of women are buying, and, in most cases, spoiling the look of thier outfits. Flock of sheep mentality. A good shoe or boot can make or break an outfit, irrespective of gender or age. Why this has to be an issue for many is beyond me. I had expected someone to voice that they believe me mistaken, and that by 2014, the designers ideas will have cascaded into high street stores. Looks like, despite the positive spin, most here are realists and each pushes the envelope a little bit at a time. Thanks to those who have replied thus far, see what we find in hindsight. Lori

totter along into history

I would imagine it was my first sentence that you didn't agree with?

I know you were being tongue-and-cheek with your first sentence. And I don't think we'll see a proliferation of men in heels in mainstream public as we did in the 70's because the world (economics and politics) has changed since that period of time. Also it seems as though men who wear high heels in public now is not the norm or a trend as it was in the 70's. Back then, when the "trend" started, others quickly followed. And maybe the reason for that was because it was something new and unique. Time will tell.

- just look at the new trend of butt ugly, flat working boots, lots of women are buying, and, in most cases, spoiling the look of their outfits. Flock of sheep mentality."

(looks like cast off s from Charlie Chaplin)

"A good shoe or boot can make or break an outfit, irrespective of gender or age. Why this has to be an issue for many is beyond me.

I had expected someone to voice that they believe me mistaken, and that by 2014, the designers ideas will have cascaded into high street stores. Looks like, despite the positive spin, most here are realists and each pushes the envelope a little bit at a time. Thanks to those who have replied thus far, see what we find in hindsight.

Lori

!00% accurate and I'm 100% sure I agree.

I may not be as bold as Roni and many others but every step outside that shows a little heel, gives more confidence and a message that says be yourself.

Something in this society age that can be difficult in the least.

Al