Batman In Stilettos

pussyinboots

Yes.....I think it's true...! I watched the 'Batman Forever' movie last night (Val Kilmer) - for the first time in ages......and I just happened to notice in the very first scene, as Batman is walking to the Batmobile in his Batman gear - his boots had thin heels of at least 2.5".

Anyone else notice this....or was it just the lighting...??!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I saw the part that you were talking about, I think it was the lighting because when he walks out his boots are the one inch block heel. When he is standing next to the car the lighting made it look as though he was wearing a pair of stilettos.

I must admit, the first two steps up onto the platform looks like he's wearing a thin heel, but as soon as he's on the platform walking around the car, they do look like a 1inch block heeled boots to me.

Chris

I noticed the same thing. It does, at first, look like he is wearing a higher heel, until you can see a clear shot of the boots.

In "Batman Returns" the editing missed it because Michelle Phifer (as Catwoman) is in high heeled boots one second, then from the next angle, her boots have no heels at all.

I noticed the same thing. It does, at first, look like he is wearing a higher heel, until you can see a clear shot of the boots.

In "Batman Returns" the editing missed it because Michelle Phifer (as Catwoman) is in high heeled boots one second, then from the next angle, her boots have no heels at all.

I noticed this too. If you actually look throughout the film - her boots have heels when she's walking around normally - and they lose the heels when she starts getting more active.

As for Val Kilmer - thanks for the posts guys - I must admit I reckoned it was the lighting...!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

This is quite common in action movies when there is a high heeled character. Most actresses won't run in heels, neither will stunt doubles. The general assumption is that the audience will not notice anything. Of course, the audience of this board is a different matter :irked:

If you've seen Watchmen, you have probably noticed that the heels of silk specter's boots vary from very high to totally flat, depending on how much the character has to move during the shot.

Somewhere along the way I read that Michelle Pfeiffer was wearing boots that had a true 5" heel and they were made for her by Leatherworks or TSB. They certainly seem to be that high when you catch a glimpse of them in the movie. Certainly is tough to run in those.

It might have been mentioned here, but there are many scenes where Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man wears 3-4 wedge/platform/hidden heel shoes when he is wearing a suit and is in scenes with Gwyneth Paltrow. Several sites say he is below average height and that she is naturally a couple of inches taller than him. She's always seen wearing very high heels too, guess they had to do something to help him not look so small next to her :irked: There's rumor's he does this quite often in his normal daily life as well.