UK Heel wearers/admirers thread

Firefox

Here you can post items of specific interest to UK heel wearers. It doesn't have to be about meetings, just shopping or experiences of shops particular to the UK. If your expreience is more general, please post in the general forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,being from the UK and a Highheels admirer,thought it was about time someone posted something in here! I go clubbing quite often and know for a fact there are loads of good looking females wearing heels out there,so come on say hello or something once in a while. Lots of women wear heels when they go shopping,eg in Burnley,a town I shop in most Saturdays,and quite enjoy it too! Burnley is in Lancashire which is in the NW for those who didn't know,anyway think I've said enough...BFN...zzZZ

One of the great things about the UK is that a lot of the women are very into high heels, especially the young ones, and the shops are full of 4 inch heels. Plus many women wear them shopping or to work so it's always interesting to see some nice styles. Also It's socially acceptable here for guys to wear heels if they chose, so it's a fantastic place to live

Far be it for me to argue with the illustrious Firefox, but I'm not 100% sure about that last comment. I think different things happen 'down south', to be honest. I was born in Surrey, so it's not just not having been there or anything. People seem more reserved in the south, less likely to comment. Mind you, perhaps it's more about me being shy than them :smile: . I have worn heels out a couple of times, and not had problems, but I'm reluctant around the Midlands. But next time I'm near Lakeside, you can bet I'll be up for it B) .

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Why you call them reserved in the south if you wore your heels there without comments?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

If you had been around the other weekend you could have seen how Francis and I went round a computer fair in Kettering in 4" plus heels and then we spent the afternoon drinking in a bit of a dive of a bar with a few meatheads in there. We played pool and skittles in full view of everyone with no comment. Today I wore 4" heels to work, tomorrow I am going to a meeting in London in 4" heels. On Saturday I wore 4 3/4" stiletto type to the Guildford concert. I've been all over Birmingham town centre and Manchester, and Harrogate, and the borders of Scotland for a week last Autumn. All wearing various types of 3-5" ankle boots, in pubs, shops, restaurants including on my own, with some golf friends on holiday, with some guys from this site, or with a couple of girls I know. (All this was last year - I've been other places in the North UK and Europe too in heels) Sure you might get a few looks or even the odd comment but unless you try it you'll never know, and I reckon it is piss easy. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-03-18 22:56 ]</font>

Yamyam, give me a call and I'll take you round my local. Granted it is a little rough around the edges but the people are fairly friendly as you have already heard. The midlands is sort of 'redneck' country, but the general trend is that if you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. Act like it's no big deal and they won't create any :smile: My mobile number is 07884135072. International users dial +447884135072 (though the call charges may be horrendous) B)

Just to say I did all of the above not in stealth rubber heels with super long trousers but boots with hardened steel screws driven in on the wear points so they make a loud sound and trousers showing the whole heel.

Here is a pic of me in Birmingham city centre at Sat Lunchtime wearing my 4 1/2" Faith Soda Boots:

Posted Image

I'm sorry if I sound like a friggin record player at times. My intention is not to boast; I'm quite matter of fact about it in real life. Rather I want to encourage other guys in the UK who maybe a little uneasy to realise their fashion ambitions.

If anyone wants a man to man chat about it, then like Francis, who I can testify does exactly the same thing as me, you may contact me on the mobile on (07941) 172043 or if you prefer email me at firefoxheels@hotmail.com or PM me on the board system.

Other than that, what can I say apart from:

<h3><font color=purple>"Just do it!"</font></h3>.... you know you want to :smile:

I've also been out and about round Brum in heels with Firefox and Xaphod and we didn't get any looks, comments or whatever. Even when FF put his new white and tan mules on and paraded outside the Pavilions we still didn't get any comment, adverse or otherwise. I've worn heels out in Nuneaton several times now with no adverse effects. The biggest hurdle is the one in your mind.

Do your own thing. Don't be a victim of conformity.

Calv

Oops! Sorry, chaps. I'm somewhat new to accepting all of this, and actually somewhat new to the Midlands. You're right that the biggest problem is inside. I'm just working on the confidence, so I'm just going to keep working on it. Such is life, I suppose. I've never had a bad experience, but I'm taking things one step at a time. (Oh, sorry about the weak pun :smile: )

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

I copied this post from a Delphi board, maybe it could interest some of you bigfoots.

Found a great new place for UK heel wearers. It doesn't do mail order or have an online catalogue, but it does sell great, fashionable ladies shoes in sizes UK 9-13 - yes that is UK size!!

It is in Croydon and run by a lady called Kenny who herself has size 12 feet.

I went today, it is in an office building near the Whitgift Centre and East Croydon station on the 2nd floor. She has all the shoes in the office and talks enthusiastically about them all. I rang before I went and she has no problem at all with men trying on the shoes - she just acts like it is perfectly normal behaviour.

The shoes are fantastic quality. She chooses all the styles herself and has them specially made in large sizes. I tried on all different styles - courts, sling backs, mules, sandals - you name it, she has them all in every size.

The only bad news is the price - all the shoes are in the £60-70 bracket, but they are very high quality and you get what you pay for.

The bottom line is, if you want to buy some lovely ladies shoes in a totally discreet and relaxed environment, with plenty of time to try them on then go to http://www.bigfeetdirectory.com at Lansdowne Buildings, 2 Lansdowne Road, Croydon. They're open Monday to Saturday during office hours and Kenny is a delightful lady to meet and deal with.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Luc, I thought this looked familiar.. Take a look two posts before yours.. :smile:

Greetz, Jeff

---

"She's going shopping, shopping for shoe-oe-oe-oes

She wants them in magenta and Caribbean blue-ue-ue-ue" - Imelda, Mark Knopfler

Oups, sorry guys, I didn't read those UK eyes only threats and was already happy I found the correct topic to post it. Feel free to remove if you want.

• 1 year later...

Join us in Oxford this Summer if you can make it then (see other thread). We don't tend to wear extreme heels, jus the usual 4-5" street styles you can find in the shops, but if you want to come along and demonstrate marathon running in ballet boots or 6" then feel free. Everyone is welcome!

every midlander has ared neck if they been out on this weather :wink:

I couldn't have expected anything else but that from you, Francis!!!!

So why do you actually brand the midlands as redneck country then?!

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

As "redneck" is (originally) an American term for a Southern Hillbilly Hick who swills beer, beats up on his wife, and wears a sheet on weekends while burning crosses by the light of the moon, I really can't picture a proper King's English speaking Brit fitting the original meaning of the term. :wink:

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I brand anywhere as redneck territory where yobs will stick their noses into your business with no other reason than to annoy you because they felt like it. Usually because there's nothing else to do and you seem to be a soft target ! How wrong can they get? Soft Target? Sometimes! Until I'm pushed that little bit too far! :wink:

Irrespective of WHAT your neck colour is (can't believe we've ended up focussing on necks on this heel forum!), why not think positive and join us for our fun shopping/eating/pubbing day: OXFORD MEET, SAT 12th JULY 2003, 10am 'til EVENING, STARTING OUTSIDE OXFORD UNIVERSITY BOOKSHOP, 106 HIGH STREET (ANYONE DELAYED RING FIREFOX ON 07941 172043). Guys and Gals all extremely welcome (heels or no heels!), Cheers, Heelsfan.

Onwards and upwards!

Still working on being there. I don't think that we in the UK have an equivalent of 'redneck country', but only because anyone who spends *that* much time outside in our weather is more at risk of drowning than anything else :wink:

If there is an area in the UK corresponding to the US's "Redneck" country, I would think it would be the section where Dr. James Harriot (All Creatures Great and Small) had his veterinary practice (judging from his description.)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.