New Shoes

SleekHeels

These are my latest purchases. I love the grey suedette ones because the colour and texture provide a softer contrast for pale winter legs (though tan tights help). They have a 1¼" platform with a 5" heel. Despite having a few black shoes in my collection none were slingbacks or platforms, so the black slingback platforms fill that gap nicely. They have a 1½" platform with a 5½" heel.

post-29841-133522939176_thumb.jpg

post-29841-133522939177_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

Congratulations on your purchase. Those are both pretty high heels. I no longer wear slingbacks so I would say the first shoe is my personal favorite. But that's just me. I hope you enjoy and have fun in your new high heels.

Thanks to all for the lovely comments.

Hi Your grey pair are stunning.

From your avatar I should've guessed you'd like the grey ones! :smile:

Nice shoes - like the others, Ithink I like the grey ones best. Where did you get them?

Both pairs were from New Look branches. The grey ones have disappeared from their website, but the product code is on the end of this old link if it'll help you track them down in a branch:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/zip-platform-court_203455304

They came in black also, but I preferred the grey.

The slingbacks are still shown in sizes UK 6 and 7 on their website:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/slingback-platform-heel_212715101

but larger sizes might still be in stock at some branches. They also came in blue, here's the old link:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/shoes/slingback-platform-heel_212715140

If you like it, wear it.

Well done on your purchase, they're both a lovely shoe, quite envious of them both! im yet to get a pair of slingbacks, it's something i cant wait to add to my collection :smile:

• 1 month later...

I've been saving up for weeks for my next pair of shoes, and this week I noticed the store had them on special offer (about 1/3 off) which persuaded me to get them. I had to try a couple of stores before I found them in my size, and when I tried them on in the store my first few steps were a bit wobbly but ok after that. I was delighted that I thought they looked just as gorgeous as I hoped they would, and I just love the shape of the heel and the ankle-straps. I think they might also look great with black micronet tights.

post-29841-133522942409_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.

Amazing! That's absultely the style i prefer. In everone of the three cases! In one way they are classicaly and on the other side, they gain great attention by special highlights, sued or patent leather, the slim heel!

Really great and much fun with them!

Have a nice day,... an admirer of beautiful ladies and girls, their shoes and the content of them...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought these black suedette shoe-boots with a 5" heel and barely-noticeable 1" hidden platform:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/zipped-shoe-boots_229082201

They look great with bootcut jeans, I'm thinking they might work with skinny jeans too. I didn't realise until I just looked at the website that they come in a tan colour too - if I try those on in store next time I don't think I'll be able to resist.

If you like it, wear it.

I bought these black suedette shoe-boots with a 5" heel and barely-noticeable 1" hidden platform:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/boots/zipped-shoe-boots_229082201

They look great with bootcut jeans, I'm thinking they might work with skinny jeans too. I didn't realise until I just looked at the website that they come in a tan colour too - if I try those on in store next time I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Those are really pretty. I saw a pair at BCF, but they didn't have my size.:) Have fun wearing them.

They are nice boots arn't they?

When I tried them on a little while ago they were a pinch too tight around the toes, how are they for you?

Chris

Yes, they're gorgeous and I bought the tan ones today as they proved irresistable. The black ones a few days ago were a size 7 and very snug - I can only wear them with thin socks - but I tried the tan ones in a size 8 today and they didn't feel right even with thicker socks, so I stuck with the snug size 7 and that's fine. I've only really worn them in the store, or the black ones for a couple of hours at home) and they were pretty comfortable, no pinching. When I wear them properly I'll post an update.

Those are really pretty. I saw a pair at BCF, but they didn't have my size.:) Have fun wearing them.

Thanks roniheels, I certainly will enjoy them. They look great with long bootcut jeans (light/dark blue or black), and more of a bold style statement with skinny jeans so I may try to persuade myself to give that more adventurous look an outing. Were they just out of stock with your size or do they not make it? I hope you can find a suitable alternative.

If you like it, wear it.

• 4 months later...

I have bought some more shoes since last posting here... I wore:

- the black ankle boots (furry-ankle-boots.jpg) with a black ribbed polo-neck jumper and my denim bootcut jeans. I expect I'll wear them again now it's cold and I can have fun leaving heel-prints in the snow! :smile:

- the blue peeptoes (blue-peeptoes.jpg) with a matching colour polo-neck jumper and smart black trousers+jacket. I'll try a similar look with a red wine coloured jumper and the t-bar courts (scalloped-tbar-courts.jpg), or I have a long dark-grey pencil skirt which might go well with those too.

- the brown wedges (snake-wedge-courts.jpg) with my denim bootcut jeans and my dark brown cuordroy blazer over a light brown top. I think peeping out from the bootcut jeans is a cute look but I'd love to try these wedges with my black skinny jeans to show them off a bit more.

Also I had a really lucky find in the sales last month where I came across the boots I'd missed out on from last winter (Wallis boots.jpg). Thinking of looks to try with those I have a crochet jumper in a matching olive green which might look good with black leggings, or maybe even fishnets and a black skirt if I'm feeling adventurous.

I'll try and post some outfit photos when I can get my camera repaired (which means staying away from shoe-shops for a while!).

post-29841-133522972309_thumb.jpg

post-29841-133522972313_thumb.jpg

post-29841-133522972315_thumb.jpg

post-29841-133522972316_thumb.jpg

If you like it, wear it.