Miguel Jones Boots

Prutske255

I have bought some Miguel Jones Boots from member Rob . They felt wonderfull . I like the sharp tip and the 5" western heel . I have normally a size eur45 , but have 2 pairs size 9 From Miguel Jones . I have alse some 9,5 and size 10 . The size 9 are a narrow fit , but i can managee them with a pair of stockings . Two pair of them had a zipper on the inside and 9 cm (3.5 inch) western heel with round toes . Some of my 3" and 3.5 " heels i wear outside in public . No negative comments so far . 4" and 5" are a little to high to go out in public but i wear these at home . Prutske255

Hey, Prutske255, I just received a pair of his boots, round toe 4" western, or underslung, heel without stitching decor. Had to return twice to get the right fit, but they are great. The 4" heel on a size 8 1/2 makes my gait a bit short and..."choppy", but they feel great. I had forgotten what real leather smelled until they showed up. I haven't noticed anyone noticing, except SO who says they look a bit gay. I really don't care. Glad you're had good luck as well. Wear the 4" or 5" pair out to an ordinary place with lots of customers...supermarket, department store, places where people tend to stay moving about. I'll bet no one notices, at least not in an obvious way. BOLTU UpBy5

Hi Prutske,

I'm glad you are pleased with the boots.

There are pictures here for anyone interested.

It does sound like sizing can be a bit hit and miss. I've got some in (hopefully) my correct size being made.

Hi UpBy5,

Yes I noticed that they have that "real leather smell" that you only get with expnsove shoes.

I have 2 pairs of his boots and also found the sizing to be erratic. The first pair I purchased had the 4" heel in size 9 and I felt they were a tad small. So I decided to try his 5"heel boot and went up a half size to 91/2. I was disappointed to find they were so big. I contacted Miguel and he suggested going down a full size to an 81/2. I did not want to go thru the hassle of trying to return the boots to Mexico. so I can't comment on his recommendation for the 5" heel boot. I really like the quality of his boots and shipping was quick. The return/exchange game gets to be tiresome though. But that is the sacrifice/gamble one has to make when ordering online.

My first pair i bought from someone on ebay . They were a size 9 with pinted toe and underslung 4" heel . Very snug fitting . Then i bought 3 pairs with round toe and square 3" heel . One of them had a side zipper . I have worn those boots already in public . I wear normally a size 45 - 46 but this sizing is very stange . Some models fit small , other ones have a wider fitting . I will buy some mules , but i am affraid that they are not fitting . Prutske255

There is no doubt that his sizing does vary with his off-the-shelf boots. This must really suck for those who order across the pond... I too had to return an off-the-shelf pair that I absolutely loved the looks of because for a size 9 U.S., they were just too small in the vamp. I wound up exchanging them for another pair. The other pair was a size 10 and they too were small, but within the realm of being adjusted with my various boot stretchers. These are one of my favorite pairs of 4" heeled boots now and fit like a glove. I wear them all the time to work. For barely a few dollars more and a reasonable wait, he'll do custom boots from several foot measurements that the buyer provides. The custom boots I bought from him with the 3.5" heels are the best fitting boots I've ever had. I wouldn't consider anything else but custom boots from Miguel if I had to have them shipped overseas.

I still can't manage the 5" heeled off-the-shelf pair I bought in a way I'd call well. They fit well, but I think I'm at the limit of what I can expect for flex in my right foot. For some reason my right foot has always been slightly less flexible than my left? I bought them more as an experiment to see if 4" is my limit. I fear it is, but won't give up quite yet. I'd have no problem wearing them in public if I can master them to my satisfaction. It's my opinion that how well we walk in high heeled anything in public contributes significantly to us looking out of place or not. It's been my experience observing others that the same goes for women. There's nothing worse than seeing a woman walk poorly in heels and there's nothing better than seeing one walk well in them.

Here's a link to what looks like his official website for those that may not have it. He also has an ebay store and I think most people here have the link to that..

http://www.custom-boots.net/

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

... I wear normally a size 45 - 46 but this sizing is very stange . Some models fit small , other ones have a wider fitting ...

Prutske255

There is no doubt that his sizing does vary with his off-the-shelf boots. This must really suck for those who order across the pond... I too had to return an off-the-shelf pair that I absolutely loved the looks of because for a size 9 U.S., they were just too small in the vamp. I wound up exchanging them for another pair. The other pair was a size 10 and they too were small, but within the realm of being adjusted with my various boot stretchers. These are one of my favorite pairs of 4" heeled boots now and fit like a glove. I wear them all the time to work. For barely a few dollars more and a reasonable wait, he'll do custom boots from several foot measurements that the buyer provides. The custom boots I bought from him with the 3.5" heels are the best fitting boots I've ever had. I wouldn't consider anything else but custom boots from Miguel if I had to have them shipped overseas. ... Charlie

Prutske255 has exactly the same size feet as me - and an enviable collection of boots, too! I am amazed however that he can get into Miguel Jones boots in sizes USM9, 9.5 and 10 when he (or I) would normally expect to require a USM11.5 or 12. He certainly took a chance in buying Rob's 9.5 'misfits' - I would have tried them if I had thought they were remotely likely to fit me!

All seem to agree that Miguel Jones sizing is a lottery - and Charlie is quite right in that it would obviously be both risky and potentially expensive to order anything ready-made. The trouble and expense of returning boots for exchange from overseas is a very real disincentive. I wonder why MJ does not get the sizing right; he is obviously a craftsman with a quality product? I do hope that Rob's new made-to-measure boots prove OK in fit (and are otherwise wearable); no doubt he will keep us informed.

You are showing Omano boots in your avatar, Prutske - do you have these or other Omanos? If so, how do they fit, please, and are they comfortable to wear and of good quality?