Forum for : Site and Specific Announcements

To: Tech and Dr. Shoe I tried getting in on your RESTRICTED : Requesting help and Advice Forum. So I brought it here. Seems you are looking for spacifics. I can live with that. How about we Do Not use Initials. Example: OP. What is OP? Meny members ( Dr. Shoe ) use letters to discribe some of thair ideas or thoughts (discriptions) instead of using words. I am not a mind reader. How about EVERYONE writing out the entire word. If people are in a hurry, write shorter sentences, or be more spacific. How about Clairification ? Members will say--Love your shoes--or those are great pics.--and/or will answer a question to someone without writing in the name of the person to whom they are refering . End. Note: Wish I hadn't had that foot operation. I would love to be wearing high heels while standing on this soap box. Mike

To: Tech and Dr. Shoe

I tried getting in on your RESTRICTED : Requesting help and Advice Forum.

So I brought it here. Seems you are looking for spacifics. I can live with that.

How about we Do Not use Initials. Example: OP. What is OP? Meny members ( Dr. Shoe ) use letters to discribe some of thair ideas or thoughts (discriptions) instead of using words. I am not a mind reader. How about EVERYONE writing out the entire word.

If people are in a hurry, write shorter sentences, or be more spacific.

How about Clairification ? Members will say--Love your shoes--or those are great pics.--and/or will answer a question to someone without writing in the name of the person to whom they are refering . End.

Note: Wish I hadn't had that foot operation. I would love to be wearing high heels while standing on this soap box.

Mike

Mike, like Dr Shoe pointed out, people are NOT reading the "Original Posters" comments at all, they are just not paying attention to what they are replying to, which, had you read what you were replying to, you would have seen it was the "Forum announcements" forum, hence why it is restricted.

The Technical help forum is NOT restricted at all, yet you have posted this in the general chit-chat.

Proves Dr Shoes point doesnt it.... lol That section is NOT a forum, its for staff to make announcements, it even says it at the top "Important issues regarding the site/forum. This forum is read-only" yet you have just gone and NOT done the exact thing Dr.Shoe is asking people TO do.... Defeats the entire purpose of you starting this thread entirely...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Tech, Dr shoe and webteam

Excuse for jumping in.

but extending part of the comment here regarding ""reading the originators thread there are many very old postings that I feel are past their sell buy date because the subject is so old, we also have moved on/matured beyond the origin.

In some cases they have been untouched for upto 5 years or more, then is reopened often again further out of original context.

Is there anyway that old threads could be locked after X years??

Any further postings should/could be re-referenced to the original.

Just a suggestion

respectfully

Al

Is there anyway that old threads could be locked after X years??

Any further postings should/could be re-referenced to the original.

Just a suggestion

respectfully

Al

I have thought this would be a good idea as well, it would take forever to do though as I would hate to think how many threads there actually are here.

I suppose we ( I could make a start one day ) but it might take me months to do.

The angels have the phonebox.

Not a problem there sendra45, I find it bad enough sorting my files so I do understand. Maybe something for Tech if it's available on the "new" system? Thanks Al

Hmm, the way I see it myself is.... This is a place for discussion, thus, who are we to stop members from carrying on discuissions, regardless of a threads age, if its applicable, then its fair game... The likelyhood of posters not reading the original post is the same for threads of any age, as VERY often demonstated here where people jump into threads and post a reply to what others are saying, and not to the actual thread starter, or even relating to the original post... I think any community that says "Sorry, your not allowed to discuss that anymore because nobody has said anything about that for x amount of time, is a bit defeatist... Like in a real conversation, if somebody said "going back to what we were talking about last week...." Do you jump in and say "Nope sorry, that was ages ago, cant discuss that now" Of course you dont, if somebody has something interesting to say, bring it on, thrash it out if you can, its chit-chat, thats what its here for... Thats my personal opinion Plus, as sendra45 points out, it would take a while to sort/close stuff, and who decides where the cutoff point is? The new software can do it automatically if wanted, its a simple "Close thread if no reply after x days", but I dont see the point of it IMHO Some threads are worthy of closing, but a lot of those are also worthy of deleting completely

Ok boss

Yes I see the point there, it becomes censorship of one form or another and at that level I fully agree.

Educating behaviour habits to read and relate to the original is never going to be easy.

I withdraw my case your honour.

Many thanks Tech

Al

Ok boss

Yes I see the point there, it becomes censorship of one form or another and at that level I fully agree.

Educating behaviour habits to read and relate to the original is never going to be easy.

I withdraw my case your honour.

Many thanks Tech

Al

ha ha ha ha ha, "boss" funny... :lmao: More like Community Donkey :)

Tech and Dr. Shoe

Well I guess I will have to say I am sorry for not undertanding and being stupid.

Dr.Shoe

Don't gove up yet. I enjoy bugging you guys.

Mike

Don't worry, I won't! lol

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.