The intimidating pair

smilin_guy

Of all the pairs of shoes in my closet, there is this one pair that I really like but have had reservations about wearing on a regular day, or anytime outside of a special occasion that would call for wearing shoes like this. I bought these boots last year and have worn them one time for a fetish event. Ever since, they have sat in my closet. These boots intimidate me for a number of reasons. First, they are the most expensive pair of heels in my closet, at $700. They are Stuart Weitzman black suede boots, and for the height of the heel they are extraordinarily comfortable. Over the pricing issue is the style and height of the heel, they are a true 5in stiletto with a 3/4 in platform. While manageable, they are definitely attention grabbers, which leads to the next factor...they are over the knee. Actually, these hit mid thigh. Given all of that, anybody, regardless of gender is most likely going to attract a lot of attention while wearing these. As a side note, I don't have an issue with wearing heels as I have been out and about before while wearing some of the other heels in my collection. These, however, freak me out as far as having them in a semi-regular rotation. Today though, for some reason, I felt like breaking these out. With it being a Saturday I didn't have to go to work or anything. The weather was going to be dry and cold, so it seemed good for wearing a suede pair of shoes. I ended up running a few errands, doing some shopping and a little bit of walking from building to building. All in all, it was pretty much a regular day. There were a lot of second looks/head turns that I noticed, a couple of compliments and some puzzled stares...it wasn't too much different than wearing any other pair of heels actually. Granted I will not wear those regularly, it was good to get over that intimidation factor of this one pair of shoes. I have attached pics of the whole outfit for reference, essentially it was easy...I had straight-leg jeans tucked into the boots and had a black wool coat on. I am still limited as to what else in my closet I could wear them with, but it seemed balanced, at least from my perspective. Have a great day everyone, thanks for reading :wave:

post-26579-133522928554_thumb.jpg

post-26579-133522928568_thumb.jpg

post-26579-133522928583_thumb.jpg

post-26579-133522928598_thumb.jpg

I admire your courage... Nice boots... I love suede... and at $700.00 I'd need the courage just to wear them..period... I bought a similar pair of Jessica Simpson over the knee boots, because the price was right; with the intention of wearing them under jeans, which I found does'nt work too well... I tried them over jeans, but I don't see that working for me...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Nice boots! They would also look great with black tights and a dark colored tunic.

By the way, what are those boots in your avatar? Are they flats?

http://www.zappos.com/frye-harlow-stitch-cuff-black-leather

These boots are the most recent addition to my shoe collection. They're also my favorite pair right now, for the heel height they are extraordinarily stable.

smilin' guy, They do look nice and fashionable for sure. Don't worry about the price, you paid the sum WILLINGLY, so don't now feel guilty. As far as any remaining trepediations it sounds like you already "road-tested" them and came out no worse off. You may consider buying some bootccut ladies' stretch jeans which should allow whole boot to be worn underneath the jeans and would also allow only an inch or so of your heel to show if you'd like to go that route. Either way, you've invested A LOT into your footwear so go enjoy them!!! HappyinHeels

http://www.zappos.com/frye-harlow-stitch-cuff-black-leather

These boots are the most recent addition to my shoe collection. They're also my favorite pair right now, for the heel height they are extraordinarily stable.

Just picked mine up today, too. And yeah, they are cool. Pretty stable indeed, but they are TALL. Wow. The girls in Nordstrom weren't sure what to think when I put them on :)

What's all the fuss about?