Shanghai 3rth halloween in drag

morpho

Hi all, So this year i planned carefully my outing, i have to point out many factors in a summarized (but still long read) way to make this an easier and readable thread and not loose the point. Shanghai is very conservative, in the way the people are not used to see guys in heels or open to admit people dressed in drag in the open without staring or making it obvious that is rare. shanghai has an ample expat community and many freestyle people are looking for trying to have fun the way they do as in their own countries. Halloween is not a traditional holly day and is only celebrated in clubs that expat and tourists use to go. Police are aware of the happenings and disturbance in the streets, so as far i know if you appear to be something else even in haloween you may get into at least some questioning, you dont want that in china. AFter pointing out some facts, let me summarize my adventure, the main point of this thread is to try to know what in my case i consider public outing and if some of you guys have the same feeling of it. This year i needed to get the courage to do it and wear my high heels in public, whatever it takes, i said. I planned very carefull all details, routes, hotel, attire, handbag with alternative wear and shoes etc, just details. On the 29 i went out to a club which was celebrating a haloween night between all clubs in the city i felt this one in particular was gonna have much more attendance and haloweeny kind of people as also is a very well known gay club in shanghai, However me being straigh it doesnt matter, there are no rules in china is very friendly and the people that attends are foreigners mainly therefore many friendly people. I went in and all the theme was amazing, i loved it, by then i was not wearing my heels as i wasnt sure the environment was gonna be apt to do that and also i didnt get any alcohol to boost my motivation, soon after i got in i felt a little weird i was there by my self, a friend was suppose to be on her way, ok then i went to get some drinks, then my friend came and i joined some conversations but the environment was not the best for me to transform, although i was wearing a dress and all the drag attire under my rain coat, nobody had noticed by then, i didnt feel to make the move yet, it passed almost 2 hours and havnt seen any people even disguised, and then the first drag pass by, everybody loved it, everybody were looking his legs and the hose and the heels and commenting about the shoes etc, the guy was a performer. I have to say i believd everybody were on their way and dressed up accordingly, so i went for a spot to start the transformation. After some minute, i felt the courage to start the transformation process, i found a sofa with plenty of light, i sat down, open my suitcase (yes i was carrying it all the time with me, it contained only my heels, wig and make up, i started to make up my eyes and all the face, my heels came after,....then as a movie..... and sudenly "the dragqueen i saw before" which was behaving with all the crowd very arrogantly, appeared before me and smile to me like if she found something, i felt something special, i felt also strange as i am not gay, but it didnt had to be anything related to sex attraction or rejection, it was kind of fun and curiosity, he extended his hand with beautifully long nails and perfect style, and told me come with me, i felt shit now what i do?, i though i dont know this guy, my friend is upstairs and i am in the basement, well then i follow him.....he took me to a studio room where all makeup and all dresses and all thing for drag performers were available, i felt like in Disneyland, the feeling was strong and special again, i saw all that pallets of make up and special colors effects and a big assortment of accessories for anything. This guy which was very genuine, friendly and kind told me, (refering to my make up) put them away, no need....then he told me her name, and his name, and he told me he was the performer of the night, ....wow.....it was just him and me there at the dressing room, .....he started to comment on my outfit, things as ...look at you!!!!, nice legsss, ....and beautiful shoes, nice heels darling etc, it was so fast many complements to every detail i put in before on my outfit, he told me that i could handle my heels very well, "wow, you being doing this before arent you?", etc, some tips on how to walk etc, so much new info i got to learn on a short period of time........ After some time on personal intro, he said to me im gonna make you look fabulous and amazing, ...i said ...ok...(what else, after the drag Angel appear before me lets let him finish the miracle, hahaha) He started with my eyes, then my face, then my lips, then all effects as if i were a vamp, but a drag vamp, i look myself at the mirror after an hour of professional work, i felt i was gonna film a movie, hardly i could recognize my self, it was a nice work and i looked amazing, terrorizing beautiful......you would never know if you don't have the same experience with a professional such as i did. then he took my dress and said to me....do you mind? , at that time i didnt know what was he referring to, maybe to rearrange it or make a bend or something, he torn it all and rip it off making some effects and then tightening on some points etc, (he was a fashion designer) he completely destroyed (for good) the classy night dress into a sexy, fashionable mysterious minidress, i didnt mind at all, it was part of the fun i guess. He made the last torn and rip off the side of the dress rising the opening of the leg so my legs were fully exposed just before it is suitable to keep showing, it was perfect according to him, then he said......"there!! now you will show your nice legss," ...i didnt felt much excited at that moment, who said i wanted to show the legs? i felt weird, .....he kept commenting on my legs...more and more....i was very shy to go out, after he arranged my wig he said ..."ok you are set and pretty", ....my aim was to be unrecognizable drag, but he made an amazing work, noone can say it was me, but also he made me a very sexy drag vampire, but showing the legs, in heels and i was one the only drags 3 in the club by that time..... then we went out from the room as he needed to find his friends to start prep of the performance, i was terrorized if he wanted me to go up to stage, so i stayed away from it during every dance, he changed outfit 3 times, and i was always trying to do something else when i felt he wanted to call me, ok it never happened. One remark i have to say is that it was a very cool experience, i felt good, but there were moments of awkwardness such as when i was walking through the hall all men were saying "ohhh my god, ...wow how precious etc", thing that alll girls want to listen, and even is rare to listen all loud, all were focus on my legs and my heels,, common there were other girls but because i was taller and fully exposing the shiny hose and high heel all were looking at me instead of other girls, many men came in front of me to try to dance even, and others were telling me that i was superb and ask me for having a drink etc, while real girls were just standing there rotting in the dark as it was a gay club, ...i remember i said shit! in what i went into? i didnt wanted to be mean or arrogant, as i don't know how to reject guys i never had to in my life my skills were none and it made it difficult!!!. i feel now how girls feel when they get sticky guys at busy clubs. Said this summarized story, I have to say that wearing heels is not really being a CD, and and outing in heels doesn't necessary has to be linked to cd in public, therefore i realize that i enjoy the most if im alone and im not attracting men, heeling is for my self and i enjoy more not to try to be a sexual object for men......the following night i was suppose to attend again with heels and different outfit, i realized that i better go with my friends in a usual way and be me, giving a rest to the heels for this years Halloween extra nights. Please let me know if you can see what may happened to me and what is my actual aim in wearing heels from your own perspective. "Thanks N for the transformation i enjoyed the experience"

V. Morpho

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. Trying to look like a woman just to wear heels and/or hose is a lot of work, as you found out, and having to fight off other men is an unwanted consequence of a well-done transformation. Next time consider just wearing heels with pants in male mode. You'll still have all the fun of wearing heels in public and you won't have a lot of unwanted baggage (literally and figuratively). My guess is that most people probably won't notice; those who do probably won't say anything. You may in fact get compliments from women who do notice. And teenage girls in groups will probably giggle. Steve

wow what a great experience. you were so lucky to have a professional make you up. i would have loved that. it sounds like you had everything planned like i did on my halloween outing. mine went as planned but yours turned into something totally different. congradulations on your night out. making your dress into a mini skirt had to add to the excitement while walking on heels. i know it did for me

sounds like a great night..... I agree though, even though I love wearing heels and female jeans and tops and want to add some feminine edge to my style, i don't think i'm wanting to do this to get male attention.... it's definitely about about me and how i feel when I'm dressed like this....

Thanks for replying is very nice to see what you think about this.

Thanks for the post. I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. Trying to look like a woman just to wear heels and/or hose is a lot of work, as you found out, and having to fight off other men is an unwanted consequence of a well-done transformation. Next time consider just wearing heels with pants in male mode. You'll still have all the fun of wearing heels in public and you won't have a lot of unwanted baggage (literally and figuratively). My guess is that most people probably won't notice; those who do probably won't say anything. You may in fact get compliments from women who do notice. And teenage girls in groups will probably giggle.

Steve

Thanks Steve, i found your input very true, i analized my adventure all this week and found out that wearing heels can turn too complicated and it make us to do things such as what i did, the wearing of heels without showing a wrong message can make us do things that even having fun, we feel a little awkward afeter other circumstances appear. next outing i thing my meotion will be as a man in heels and see what is the difference but in the supermarket store so i will see the reaction of women, as this is what i want to attract, :wave:

wow what a great experience. you were so lucky to have a professional make you up. i would have loved that. it sounds like you had everything planned like i did on my halloween outing. mine went as planned but yours turned into something totally different. congradulations on your night out. making your dress into a mini skirt had to add to the excitement while walking on heels. i know it did for me

Trevor i know the planning of the special adventure such as this ones in haloween we got to have, is something you can say i will never have the chance to live it again, actually is true, becasue next year will be different always, It happen that i was only planed the logistics but the unthinkable such as meeting the pro in make up was pure luck, the short dress exposing my legs gave me perphaps the negative outcome by atracting tv lovers maybe, but the excitment of doing something unusual, i think it was better not to be the sexual object of that night, maybe i was going to enjoy much more the moment, since all eyes were toward to my legs the whole time i even could sit , im not use to cross my legs like a lady, i only kept standing with my beer on hand as i always do.

sounds like a great night.....

I agree though, even though I love wearing heels and female jeans and tops and want to add some feminine edge to my style, i don't think i'm wanting to do this to get male attention.... it's definitely about about me and how i feel when I'm dressed like this....

And because of that...i am thinking to go out and about in supermarkets from now on.....

Your sooo lucky to have had that experience. Congrats.

I also had planned to dress up and go out with a few female friends. Unfortunatley, I twisted my ankle the week before and had no chance to wear heels. :-(((( so I didn't even bother going out.

What a bad thing, im sure you can do that anytime even if it is not haloween, if they dont know you cd, or wear heels, then invent a costume party and hang out and then go out all as girls, im sure you will have a blast, i dream on having a girl night with only girls and they to arrange me and choose my shoe wear, and me theirs,........... nice

V. Morpho

Your sooo lucky to have had that experience. Congrats.

I also had planned to dress up and go out with a few female friends. Unfortunatley, I twisted my ankle the week before and had no chance to wear heels. :-(((( so I didn't even bother going out.

One great thing about the passing of time, bootylover, is that time heals twisted ankles and opportunities do present themselves again. So, prepare now for the "next time."

:wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.