Getting Used to Wearing Heels Regularly

Hi Everyone Off sick from work right now so taking the opportunity to try & wear my heels regularly around the house. In the past I have worn them for a few minutes just for the"thrill",but really want to get used to wearing them for longer & therefore enjoy them for longer. I have worn heels for about 20 yrs but still feel that I am doing something that I shouldn't.As a result,I get very excited when I get my heels out & put them on & my heart rate goes through the roof.As I have a heart condition I'm not sure this is a good thing! Should I persevere in the hope that wearing my heels will feel more "normal", & will things get easier?After all I just want to relax & enjoy my heels! confused45

Hi Everyone

Off sick from work right now so taking the opportunity to try & wear my heels

regularly around the house.

In the past I have worn them for a few minutes just for the"thrill",but really

want to get used to wearing them for longer & therefore enjoy them for longer.

I have worn heels for about 20 yrs but still feel that I am doing something that I

shouldn't.As a result,I get very excited when I get my heels out & put them on

& my heart rate goes through the roof.As I have a heart condition I'm not sure

this is a good thing!

Should I persevere in the hope that wearing my heels will feel more "normal",

& will things get easier?After all I just want to relax & enjoy my heels!

confused45

Wearing high heels is exciting, isn't it? While the feeling will of putting on a pair will never go completely away, it will become normal after a few months of regularly wearing them. And it will become easier to wear them for longer periods of time. Before long, you will be taking walks around your neighborhood and wearing them to the stores. But, the thrill of wearing heels will never go away -- or, at least, while becoming a normal part of my life since I was 12, it never has for me.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for your help & support guys! Wearing my heels whilst typing this reply! BTW bubba136,thanks for posting the story of the student in the States who was eventually allowed to go to the prom in his heels & a dress.I hope the boundaries will continue to be pushed back. I know this story was from some months ago but as i'm new here I have only just caught up. confused45

• 4 weeks later...

. There were many time I didn't even realize I was wearing high heels. The more you wear them, the more you get used to them.

Couldn't agree more...just like anything you want to be proficient at will take practice so will getting used being heeled.

Ditto

Also the thrill settles - still great but it may be more relaxed and easy on the heart.

As with Roniheels you forget that you are in heels therefore more relaxed and confident to go out, now is that's a scary thought?

It's the naughty bit that needs to be controlled to give you time, who say's it's naughty?

NOT US!

Enjoy and find a new "normal"

Al

• 2 weeks later...

Confused45, You hang in there and don't get the heart rate up over something as enjoyable as high heels. The anxiety and goblins are are in your head and NOT in your heart. As roniheels says, the more you wear your heels the less aware you become of them and more confident you will ultimately become as you wear them and go about your business just like the girls do. Remember, it's just footwear and doesn't state your sexual orientation, political beliefs, or tell the world what country's name is on your passport. You have as much right to put whatever you damn well please on your feet without worrying about imaginary goblins in the form of narrow-minded sleazeballs that might (and it is a mighty small might) say anything negative to you. This is all about equal rights and not "special rights". You have an equal right to wear the apparel of your choice and be treated as an equal human citizen on this big blue planet. Nothing more and nothing less. Stand tall my friend by standing up for your dignity. You have earned it. We stand ready to listen and help. HappyinHeels:wavey: