Attack on crossdresser.

xaphod

From the media:-

--------------------------------------------------------------

A woman has been charged with murder after a man wearing women's clothes was apparently pushed under a tube (subway) train.

British Transport Police were called to Kings Cross Station in Central London on Monday evening to reports a man was under a Picadilly line train.

Nina Kanagasingham, 34, of N. London will appear at Westminster Magistrates' Court today.

The victim's name is yet to be released.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It might be instructive to keep track of this story to find if more information as to motive is revealed.

Xa

Links

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8091638/Woman-charged-over-Kings-Cross-transvestite-tube-murder.html

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2010/10/28/woman-charged-with-murder-over-trans-tube-death/

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5itK-c0Yuu66wHa4W6uxMXOGxaCMw?docId=B19603211288230329A00

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3200468/Tube-track-shove-accused-in-court.html

Strange reporting to be honest. Usually they would report it as a transwoman or a transgendered person. Some more sensationalist press would have said Tranny or Transvestite but this is the first time I've heard of "man wearing womens's clothes"...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Strange reporting to be honest. Usually they would report it as a transwoman or a transgendered person. Some more sensationalist press would have said Tranny or Transvestite but this is the first time I've heard of "man wearing womens's clothes"...

Glad you checked in, Dr. Shoe! There was a question in my mind if, perhaps, you might have been involved (Whew!!!!!):wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Glad you checked in, Dr. Shoe! There was a question in my mind if, perhaps, you might have been involved (Whew!!!!!):wave:

No, the headline would have read:

"Stunning babe killed on tube turns out to have been a man!!!!"

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

The full text from 'The Independent' today:- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A woman has been charged with the murder of a cross-dressing immigration lawyer who was allegedly pushed beneath an oncoming London Underground train on Monday. Nina Kanagasingham, 34, from Cricklewood in north London, attended the City of Westminster Magistrates' Court yesterday morning. She was remanded in custody and will appear at the Old Bailey on Monday. The victim was named yesterday as David Burgess, a 63-year-old transvestite known by his friends as Sonia, who fell on to the track of the Piccadilly line at King's Cross station during evening rush-hour. The incident led to the station being evacuated, while hundreds of passengers on board the train had to make their way along the tunnel to safety. The trial is likely to centre on CCTV footage of the incident and the testimony of the many witnesses who have come forward. Mr Burgess was a leading immigration lawyer who had worked on landmark court cases concerning fair trials, unlawful detention and the protection of human rights. He leaves behind two daughters and a son, all adults. His family said in a statement: "Sonia was a loving and wonderful person and will be missed deeply." In a statement, Mr Burgess's law firm Luqmani Thompson & Partners said: "We are immensely saddened by the death of David Burgess, an enormously talented practitioner, an inspiration to a generation of lawyers practising in this field, and a great friend. David's contribution to legal development is unquestionable." ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Xa

It still is a sensational report since the police aren't claiming it to be a hate crime. Therefore, why even mention that the victim was wearing "woman's clothes".

To sell newspapers, nothing more.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

It still is a sensational report since the police aren't claiming it to be a hate crime. Therefore, why even mention that the victim was wearing "woman's clothes".

Because she was. I think that it was quite sensitively handled by the press and considering her family already knew about Sonia then I think they reported it in exactly the right way.

I'm not sure the plot thickens, I think that rag of a website is just publishing this to satisfy the appetite of its readership. Lines like "Today more details emerged shedding light on the lawyer's complex personal life" really beggar belief. It was this person's personal life and it's only because he's now dead the website report it. It is not in the public interest, but will no doubt be of interest to the public. There's a world of difference.

By the way, and in case you didn't notice, I hate the press.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Is there an assumption here that this person was attacked for being a "crossdresser?" I am still unaware of the motive for the attack. Has anyone read anything about what it was? Since the article describes her as being a "lawyer," perhaps the attacker was unsatisfied by the outcome of some legal proceedings they were involved in together?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

More information today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325544/Woman-accused-transgender-Tube-murder-MAN-undergoing-sex-change.html

The attacker was also TG apparently.

That makes it a bit easier to fathom, I suppose --- they obviously knew each other & there's got to be an argument/disagreement at the heart of it.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I heard a rumour they were messing about.

Nah, that can't be true.

The CCTV & witnesses will have seen the incident - an accidental nudge is one thing, a deliberate shove off the platform is another.

There's no way Nina Whatsername would be in Wandsworth tonight if it was because of 'larking about' gone wrong.

Always High-Heel Responsibly