Seriously new to posting to anything

UpBy5

I don't know if my original intro message got thru. Please let me know. I'm really a novice at messaging and can't find instructions on how to do it.

Hope this gets thru.UpBy5

Shoe size can be very helpful if viewing pictures of shoes. A 4" heel in a US size 6 looks a whole lot different than one in a US 10 or 11. E retailers routinely give heel & platfom heights, but size is rarely, if ever, given. It makes it difficult to judge the "steepness" of the shoe, an important factor when you can't try 'em on as is the usually case with men. I've gotten really good at repackaging and returning E-ordered shoes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

These are the only two postings that appear on the forum, UpBy5! I guess your original message didn't make it.

However, welcome to hhplace. It's always great to have another high heels lover from Virginia joining our forum. Why not take a minute and re-post your original message introducing yourself and telling us a little about your interest in high heels?

:)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hiya, welcome to the forum. I'm afraid there is no "Posting 101" tutorials you can take as everyone who posts will have already have passed that stage just as you now have. Reading the rules of the forum is an invaluable help when negotiating the minefield of "nettiquette" as well as getting a feel of what this forum is all about.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Many thanks for the response. Is there a clickable icon associated with someone's response that can be used to thank that person for their help? UpBy5 Bubba136, thanks for the response! Didn't know if anyone was out there. I'll re-post my original intro as a new thread in the intro section. Hope that's the way to go. UpBy5

Many thanks for the response. Is there a clickable icon associated with someone's response that can be used to thank that person for their help?

UpBy5

Just look in the lower right hand corner of the message box in which your message appears on the thread. The "say thanks" button is right their for all to see, along with the "edit,quote, Multi-Quote" quick reply" buttons. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thanks for the help. My problems are lack of technical knowledge and the lingo specific to the forum. I don't think proper "nettiquette" will be a problem as untoward behavior of any kind was immediately frowned upon, occasionally with bared teeth, by parents from childhood on. I developed a pretty reliable behavior warning system early on. Again, thanks. UpBy5

A procedure question, if you don't mind. After 5 failed attempts to post an initial introduction, I need to know: Is all I have to do is 1) start a new thread; 2) create the text; 3) press the "post" button? Again thanks for the help.

A procedure question, if you don't mind. After 5 failed attempts to post an initial introduction, I need to know: Is all I have to do is 1) start a new thread; 2) create the text; 3) press the "post" button? Again thanks for the help.

Why not just write your introductory post in a blank message box, the same way that you did for the post below, and click on "submit Reply" button, just like you did for your last post?

Bubba136, thanks for the clue. Here's my intro, probably more than anyone wants to know: I'm UpBy5, extra inches off the floor at "heel times", not early AM for sure. The seed of interest in HH began at about age 4. The specific incident is crystal clear to this day. It grew quietly, unnoticed until aobut age 14 when I recognized that girls and women wearing HH were of much more teenage boy interest than those without, a subject that never came up with male friends. Next, school, marriage, kids. Finally at about ge 25, I ventured out to a large, newly opened discount dept. store and bought my first HH; 3" clear lucite springolators (anyone remember them?), at least one size too small as it turned out. They were spirited into the house and cleverly stashed inside an old, never-used pair of engineer/motorcycle boots. They were never satisfactory, but better than nothing. Cut forward several decades. With the springolators and boots discarded in a house move and the advent of internet shopping, I ordered two pair of 4" HH from, predictably, Fredericks of H'wood. Next, 6" Pleasers for me, clandestinely, and a similar pair for my bride. She was thrilled, always having loved HH, but now unable to stand or walk in them due to very bad knee conditions. When I approached her about my wearing HH, just at our private times (why should she have all the fun?), she replied in a distraught, angerless tone "...I want to be the girl." and "...I could never see you as a man again." Hmm. Not much wiggle room there, and there it stands today. Unknown, I believe, to her I now have about a dozen pair, having tossed several pair to Goodwill. And its time to cull the stash again. Other that wearing HH around the house when alone, I've only been outside on several occasions to collect trash bins and twice to the post office on a Sunday. Got seen once at a distance by some people in a car, but on comments. They just stopped, looked, and drove on. My first "tight-pit-of-the-stomach" HH experience. Four days ago, I stumbled across this site on a search for "high heel stories". What a godsend! At last! Kindred spirits with similar feelings and experiences. I've been reading some of the member commentary, and know I've found a home away form home. REALLY glad to be here.... UpBy5