Why to buy, where do you buy

sharpLeather

Good morning Chaps and Chappettes. Like a fair few of you, I'm a gent with a gents size foot. size 10mAU (11m13fUS)to be exact. I'm just curious where others in this forum with man size feet buy their heels from. There's plenty of those 'pleaser' shoes out there, and assorted chinese variants, but what about some better options? I by sheer luck I managed to acquire a pair of black Steve Madden mary Jane stilettos in my size, off ebay (second hand, but in excellent condition) some time back. These would have to be my all time favorite pair of shoes. The quality is so much better than the cheapies available, and they are just plain beautiful. However, I cannot for the life of me find any reference to these shoes on the net. Where did they come from? Are their other pairs in this size from SM, or other manufacturers? What options are there out there for people actually looking for quality and style with larger feet.

I don't know about international shipping, but the places I look are Zappos, Endless.com, Nine West, and shoes.com for non-Pleaser shoes. Nine West only goes up to 12 USW, Endless sometimes has 13s in certain brands. I can wear some 12s in sandals, but 13s are usually better, though sizes vary between brands and even within brands. I have found 12s that were the size of 10s and 13s that were so big they wouldn't stay on. That's a problem when you can't try them on. Personally, I like Ellie and Karo shoes of certain designs, though they also have radically high platforms, too, and Karo has wild and expensive wood shoes. The Karo 925 wedges are about the most comfortable high wedges without a high platform I have ever found and they go up to 14USW. They are comfortably wide and very stable.

OH! thanks for that. Lots of useful info there. The problem with Zappos, is the international postage. i.e., they have none. I can use a friends postal forwarding service, but it's so damn expensive. But that's some good information. Anyone else? Incidentally, for those that don't realize, I'm located in Australia.

Just had a look at those Karo's on Beverly heels (a seller that has been reasonably good to myself, and a few others I know in the past). Very nice. I do love the look of cork wedges. I would rather like a pair of high cork wedges with a patent leather ankle and toe strap. Nothing over complicated in the leather work, just enough to look modestly strappy and not detract from the gorgeous cork texture. The clear upper however doesn't quite grab me on this occasion.

I like the clear uppers, but I know what you mean. I haven't found much with leather uppers above a size 12, though I have a pair of 13 high wedge slides by Pelle Moda which are really too big. A sandal strap would help keep them on, but there isn't one. Haven't seen much in 13 recently.

• 3 months later...

I actually like the excitement of going to a store and picking, and trying on my next pair. I just did that the other day and my favorite store is DSW.

My new favorite store to go shopping and trying on high heels is Burlington Coat factory. I am thankful their size eleven's fit me comfortably.

Have you tried Peep Toes or Shoecraft? They are based in Australia and they do international marketing. Shoecraft started to carry Pleasers, but I think they have other brands also. Before many of the good shoe manufacturers went out of business, they were an excellent source of the quality heels that we all wish were still available. Peep Toes gets their stock out of China. I got a pair of Miss Floyds from them that I enjoy wearing occasionally. The only other possibility is 6inhf (6 Inch Heels Forever), who are high heel manufacturers out of China. They have quite a selection of extremely high stilettos and other type heels and If I remember right, their array of sizes will be able to accommodate your needs for high heeling.

My new favorite store to go shopping and trying on high heels is Burlington Coat factory. I am thankful their size eleven's fit me comfortably.

Good tip - - Never would have thought of them as a place to get shoes and boots.

One more thing. My high school girls are telling me that they have a lot of fellow students who are having a hard time getting shoes big enough. Seems there are some girls pushing 12 and 13 US, so I suspect we will seee some bigger sizes coming out in the near future. May not help now, but it's worth watching for

• 3 weeks later...

Tell you what I'd most love... I'd love a pair of suede wedges in my size. Black, or burgundy.

sharpLeather,

I too have large feet (13/14 USW) and have bought most of my shoes from Snaz75 here in the US.

It took me a few minutes of Googling to remember where I had seen alot of what you're looking for: "Shoes USA". Perhaps something like this:

http://www.shoesusa.com/Products/Bella-Wedge__BELLA415L.aspx

Very pricey though! But I guess that's the going rate for customized, handmade shoes. The prices here are most of the reason I have no experience with them. From all the options though it appears you could get these, for example, in your size, color, patent / suede etc. And, they ship international (for a whopping US $49).

I noticed they wholesale. Maybe you could write them and ask if there's a retailer / rep in Australia.

H.