Help my shopping!

acesecret

Im asking for help from the community with my shoe shopping, im trying to expand my catalogue of shoes. Walking into the normal New Look, Dorothy Perkins and long gone Faith stores arent enough for me now, im looking for new places and styles. Im looking more towards the styles of Carvela, Jasper Conran and Dune. Can you think of any others? Im usually a uk8 but i found these brands come up small, so with that in mind, im looking for them in a uk9, which seems almost impossible. Im 10mins from central london during the week too! What am i missing?

Im asking for help from the community with my shoe shopping, im trying to expand my catalogue of shoes. Walking into the normal New Look, Dorothy Perkins and long gone Faith stores arent enough for me now, im looking for new places and styles.

Im looking more towards the styles of Carvela, Jasper Conran and Dune. Can you think of any others? Im usually a uk8 but i found these brands come up small, so with that in mind, im looking for them in a uk9, which seems almost impossible. Im 10mins from central london during the week too! What am i missing?

It's a real shame about 'Faith/Solo', however you can keep an eye out for 'Bronx', 'Cassandra', 'Schue', 'Blu Shoes', 'Anne Michelle' and 'Michael Antonio' in many UK stores.

The shoe departments of Debenhams and John Lewis are also good places to hunt...and believe it or not, 'Karen Millen' shops are 'men in heels friendly'....although a little pricey.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

It's a real shame about 'Faith/Solo', however you can keep an eye out for 'Bronx', 'Cassandra', 'Schue', 'Blu Shoes', 'Anne Michelle' and 'Michael Antonio' in many UK stores.

The shoe departments of Debenhams and John Lewis are also good places to hunt...and believe it or not, 'Karen Millen' shops are 'men in heels friendly'....although a little pricey.

Ah thanks i'll keep an eye out for the shoe departments idea, although i had been looking in Debenhams in Oxford Street theyre currently having a huge sale and its coming to the end, theres nothing much left, half of uk8 and upwards racks are empty. I will admit i hadnt tried John Lewis.

"'Bronx', 'Cassandra', 'Schue', 'Blu Shoes', 'Anne Michelle' and 'Michael Antonio'"

These i will keep an eye out for now, i have seen in passing these by Schuh:

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-black-schuh-lois-point-court-patent/1119087040/

But i have a small feeling their size 8's are going to be tighter on me, especially these being pointed toe. Will try them tomorrow, apparently the Oxford Street store has them in stock. :wave:

• 4 weeks later...

... These i will keep an eye out for now, i have seen in passing these by Schuh:

http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens-black-schuh-lois-point-court-patent/1119087040/

But i have a small feeling their size 8's are going to be tighter on me, especially these being pointed toe. Will try them tomorrow, apparently the Oxford Street store has them in stock. :wave:

These 'Lois' courts are very attractive shoes, almost a traditional stiletto court style; the heel is placed just a little too far back, however. The buyers' reviews are generally very favourable. Did you try them, ace?

I inspected them in two branches recently. They look rather narrow (but not particularly pointed) so may be a poor fit for some people. The display models in UK5 had a 4.75" heel, so the larger sizes could well be a little higher.

These shoes are however man-made and rather expensive for the quality offered. Priceless has a comparable court with a true stlietto heel (again 4.75" on the size 5 I inspected) at £13 which looks interesting, albeit probably not fantastic quality.