What "brand name" heels would you recommend and wh

Sapphire Sphynx

Schuh! Because they make and sell a huge range of awesome heels, and their shoes are so well made and so comfortable! I'll wear my Schuh wedgies until they fall apart!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Faith, Schuh, Dune etc. Many of these brand names rebadge other people's shoes so it's sometimes difficult to tell what you are getting. Eg Dune rebadge Bronx. I've even bought ""dune" boots with the bronx X on the sole bottom.

Since you live in the US, let me recommend some brands that are common available here. Nine West: intermediate priced, but I have had good shoes from them. Also, among fashion shoes they have pretty decent heels on them. Usually they carry up to size 11 in stores. Franco Sarto: one of my favorite brands and available at many good shoe stores (and on the web). I have several pairs from Franco Sarto and find them to be well made and comfortable. Actually my daily work shoes are women's loafers from Franco Sarto and they are awesome. I have also liked buying at Aldo, though the quality is a little more variable. Never go for their "all-plastic" shoes which they often try to sell as up-market. Their leather shoes can be a decent bargain. I have three pairs of boots from them. In the somewhat cheaper category there is Parade of Shoes (only on the East Coast). This is the higher end store owned by the same company as Payless. Some shoes are good. Some are not stiff enough for my feet. Finally there is Payless. Great deals. SOmetimes excellent shoes. Sometimes less so. Only buy after trying them on.

Connie. I find their boots require much less stretching to fit my foot and for my self they are the best fitting than most others.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

These are probably re-badged as well. But I like Pleasure the best. They seem to be more comfortable. I've purchased Ellie and Jante as well. As for the dealers, Peirre Silber has been to the most reliable in delivery and order status.

I like Bandolino and Nine West. For Stiletto heels I've purchased shoes from Sexy Shoes and Wild Pair. Jante also fits me true to size. I've several pair with the Jante label. It's difficult to find 5 inch and higher heels in stores these days. I guess eBay continues to be the prime source for them unless you are willing to pay higher prices from places like La Piazza, Hayway, etc.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yes sorry we were giving you the UK brands. I've always liked some of the styles Steve Madden gets. We can't those buy direct in the UK only on the net. We can get Nine West, I think they have a European arm. Anyway, you can get them in places like Top shop in Oxfrod street and I think they have their own store. They are good quality but I think they are very overpriced.

9 West have stores in Oxford Street and Kensington High Street in London, and maybe in Covent Garden too.

Brands I like: Gina but way out of my price range.

Have to make do with Faith, Sasha, Barratts and so on.

I visited Schuh in Norwich last year -- yeah, nice!

Aldo in London is also often interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I love sexy spike and stilletto heels myself. The pairs I have are differing styles for sure. My red strappy's are from DUGAN BROTHERS. Thin soled six inch spike heel, ankle and wide toe straps. Beautiful design(s), sharp coloring (red leather on blakc sole/instep) Sexy as hell. Really has a bondage meets DOMINATRIX feel. My favorite pair of black velvet 5 1/4" mules are from Gianna Meilani. Sultry, spike heel, soft x-straps, slick instep and very flexible. When I arch my foot the shoes flex with them which is really arousing and comfy. I also have purchased a highly artistic pair of black, fifties style black pumps from NADIR FANTASY FOOTWEAR. Very sexy, pointy toe tips that curl upward slightly, and really squeak and flex well. They take some getting used to but aren't expensive at all.

Let me and the rest of us know what type of high heel..and why you would buy that brand...*smiles*

Angela Falconi, an Italian brand that makes only boots, is my all-time favorite. Nothing beats the quality and feel. Too bad they cost $300 and up. I got two pairs (bought discounted 30% and 50%...). More info at http://www.myrto.it/

Then there is Bronx, medium quality but very hip looking. The summer collection usually sucks but winter is often ok, but a bit too hip for me sometimes. Their site: http://www.bronxshoes.com/#

Tiscali is not only an internet provider, but also a great Italian shoe maker. I don't think they have a website.

Vagabond, a scandinavian brand, isn't too bad either but is unlikely to be found in the US. They make quite ok boots in winter: http://www.vagabond.net/intro/index.asp

And I got two pairs of custom made high heeled Western boots from Western Ranch in Canada. If you want something special, they can do it for you! http://www.westernranchboots.com

I just yesterday bought a pair of Kenneth Cole boots online. They look awesome on the picture so I have high hopes. Let's see when they arrive...

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

• 2 weeks later...

I've always liked J Crew boots, even though I can't fit into them. I bought them for my ex. My ex's boots had black leather uppers and tan leather lining. They were rather heavy, being very solidly constructed, and the shafts stood up by themselves. An extra pair of heel taps came in the box. Very high quality and nicely appointed. And if you wait for the off-season sales they are very inexpensive.

Michael

i have found that ebay stores or auctions offer a wide variety of stiletto heels. depending upon you shoe size. i have found that jante fits true to size and are very comfortable with padding built in. i have also bought ellie shoes but depending upon your size, the heel may be very high. i purchased a pair of electric blue in size 12 wiith a 6" heel but they came with a 6 7/8" heel. oh well, they are stiletto's. still learning to walk in that high of a heel. i also have a pair of pleaser shoes which are not bad either, in silver with a 5" heel. heelbuys, bob and angie both carry very nice high heels with not to bad of a price tag either. have fun in your high heels. nothing is quite like them.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.