Not fancy enough?

ShockQueen

I had an interesting experience at the office the other day. Usually I wear my fancier heels (Indulge-542 two-tone plat pumps) or the Indulge ankle boots with the buckle straps, but the other day I just wore some nice simple 4" black patent pumps, and some of the ladies thought I was dressing DOWN from my usual! I guess they like my glitzy style? I had fun with it though. They work well under my dress slacks, so I guess if they all like it, then it's all good, right? :-)

SQ.....still busting societal molds with a smile...and a 50-ton sledge!

ShockQueen:-) I guess that those office workers are used to you being a bit more flambouant in your dress so that the plain black patent pumps to them was dressing down. Keep the guessing, more fun that way. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I changed it up again today with some wedges I found at Payless with buckles across the toes - still dressy, but also comfy. They think I always have great taste in shoes, so it's one happy day after another!

Had the same thing happen to me a few times. Back when I used to go clubbing a lot, if I wore simple, classic pumps, I would often get a reaction that they were "boring" from people who saw me often in heels. I felt that it was ironic that there were circumstances when a guy in heels could be wearing "boring" shoes....

Style is built from the ground up!

Had the same thing happen to me a few times. Back when I used to go clubbing a lot, if I wore simple, classic pumps, I would often get a reaction that they were "boring" from people who saw me often in heels. I felt that it was ironic that there were circumstances when a guy in heels could be wearing "boring" shoes....

Ain't that something? Perhaps that mythical "acceptance" fantasy regarding men in heels is getting just a little closer to becoming reality. Yeah, right. That and a quarter will get you a phone call. :)

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I thought it was 50c or a card nowadays. Oh the times when a dime could be used to call someone....... I decided to be color-coordinated again today, as it was casual day in the office, so I just wore my flare jeans, a nice fuschia top, and my 4" fuschia pumps, with my usual makeup and did up some OPI nail polish fresh today. One of the ladies outside really adored my choice and wanted to know where I get my shoes from, so I gave her one of the larger sites I go to for affordable fashion fun - BeverlyHeels. I got inside, and one of our sups said I keep getting better looking daily - younger too. I think the foundation had something to do with that, but it was a nice compliment as well. So not TOO fancy today, but just comfortable. :-)

I had an experience today that kind of goes along the lines of this topic. I stopped at a convenience store today and ran into one of the clerks who used to work the late shift at a store that I would frequent while dresses - usually after a night of clubbing on Karaoke. She ran over to greet me, looked down at my feet and was quite shocked to see me in a pair of men's driving loafers, not heels. I am pretty sure she was disappointed... So, there's the rub boys, if people see you dressed fancy, they come to expect it... Love the description of your outfit SQ!

Style is built from the ground up!

So, there's the rub boys, if people see you dressed fancy, they come to expect it...

This is the absolute truth! Now that I've come out of my fashion-filled closet, I have a feeling that I'll just have to fill it with more clothing, cuz I can't turn back now - not that I ever want to again! LOL!

So, there's the rub boys, if people see you dressed fancy, they come to expect it...

It seems like there is only four basic outfits for men's fashions and at least 5 different looks for every woman in woman's fashions. As for women's shoes, there are at least 6 different styles and heel heights for every woman on the face of this earth. So, "fancy" is a "perception" in the mind of the viewer and imagination is the key to "image."

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.