Hello fellow fashion lovers

Hi everyone, My name is Hanna, I live in the United States and like many girls across the world, I too read a lot of fashion magazines that report on everything from couture, vintage to vogue styles. Some people like to collect stamps, some guys collect baseball cards, some girls like to collect diamonds, I like to collect items of clothes that look good. Couture is my preferred style although vintage and vogue are styles I like too. I have many dresses, leather jackets, dresses and of course high heels. One of my hobbies is dancing. Now a guy can wear the same set of clothes each and every time on the dance floor and no one will find it odd. Girls need to and in my case like to have many different outfits and different style of heels for the dance floor. Since this forum is about heels, let me talk about it. I like to wear between a 2.5 inch to 5 inch heel for dancing. Of course anything above a 3 inch heel also has a platform. My knee, calf and ankle muscles are not made of steel so I do get tired quickly when dancing for hours on end. Ditto if I am walking around a shopping mall for any length of time in high heels. I was wondering how others deal with this issue? Do others here wear heels for dancing, shopping, work or to other places where you need to stand or walk a lot? How do you deal with the issue of strain? Since this is a forum that is all about heels, I am guessing that there might be some heel manufacturers here, perhaps lurking and seeing what styles or improvements girls want? Does anyone know of any active companies here? BCBG, Jimmy Choo, DKNY to name but a few? What brands do others here like? Does anyone have a favorite heel manufacturer? I look forward to talking and meeting everyone here as we chat more in the forums. Hanna

Welcome to hhplace, hanna :P With what you've told us about yourself, in your introduction, I am confident that you'll have all of the conversation you can handle from our dedicated members. As I am sure that you've noticed, while our membership does include a significant number of females, most of the membership is male. I sure hope you don't mind getting input from the men members as well as questions that need to be answered from the female prospective. There is a "for girls only" thread that is exclusively for girls conversation with other female members, where they discuss fashion trends with each other. Perhaps you might be more comfortable in that thread. Rest assured that the male prohibition is strictly enforced. So welcome to hhplace. We're glad to have you joining us. :)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Thank you for the warm welcome Bubba. I am surprised to hear that there are more males then females on this message board. The other discussion forums I visit, be it purses, dresses, jackets, business suits, jewellery, perfumes, makeup, etc all are dominated by females. Perhaps males such as Calvin Klein, Marc Jacob, Giorgio Armani, Tommy Hilfiger are all on this message board? :)

You are right about dance costumes. As a guy, I have basically one competition ballroom set of clothes, but can use other street-type pants, shirts, vests, etc. some of the time. The guys outfits can be almost as expensive as the girl's, but the girls usually have several with different styles for smooth vs. rhythm dancing, and maybe more than one of each, so much more money can be involved. Expensive means over $1000 for men's new outfits, easily over $3000 for girl's. They are made especially for competition dancing. I don't see as much variety in girl's dance shoes, though. Maybe a couple of competition pairs plus the regular practice and party shoes. Most are specialized dance shoes, expensive but with heels not over 3.5 in. generally. The dance instructors can work 7-8 hours a day on their feet, so they don't necessarily wear heels all the time. That's why they are usually young.