Smaller Shoe Size With Weight Loss???

heels4toni

Highly unlikely. Feet have very little fat in them to loose, and are mostly made of bone, skin, and mussle. Having been on yo-yo diets for years, gaining weight and loosing weight many times. The pant waist changes all the time from bigger to smaller and the other way around. The only change in shoe size I have had in 30 years was going from a standard width to a wide width- that will not be reversed.

I can't say yes to this. My weight has yo-yo'd (is this a word) over the past 2 decades, and my shoe size has only increased. As we get older, our feet get longer and wider (at least in my case) from the years of constant weight and pressure being applied to them. 20 years ago, I could wear a woman's 9 or 9 1/2, now I wear an 11, and in some heels a 12. So no, I don't agree with this.

Could happen. the wife gained 35 pounds and a foot size during pregnancy. Lost half a foot size after birth but shes like 20 pounds heavier than she was before preg. So...with the 20 pound weight gain shes still half a foot size bigger..i guess. Maybe preg invalidates it, who knows. I do know one thing. For me, years of pumping weights have turned my calves big and bulky. My bloody feet are somehow bigger as well, muscle i guess. I wear wider shoes than when i was younger.

Although I've been pretty active for quite a long time, a couple years ago I sort of let my weight creep up on me and I woke up one day decided I was disgusted with myself and the situation was going to change. Anyway, it did and today I'm about 55 pounds lighter and pretty much about as lean as I can be without starting to loose strength and athletic performance. I've always had small feet for a nearly 6' tall guy at roughly 8.5 mens, but they definitely fit about 1/2 size smaller now than a couple years ago. However, they are not smaller than when I was 18 years old, just about the same although I'm 46 now. Less weight might reduce how "flat" you push down on your feet which may result in fitting comfortably in a smaller shoe. Don't really know what the technical details might be, but I certainly fit smaller now.

I went through some major weight loss several years ago and the length requirement didn't change, but many of my shoes that were tight loosened up considerably. Maybe those who wore a smaller size after weight loss actually had to by a larger size before due to the width. I'm on my way back down to a healthier weight again and glad to see all of my clothes fitting better. Now just to stay there...

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I lost 13 stone and went form a UK12 to a UK11

Andi

The bones in your feet shrunk! :)

Seriously though, I think the only weight in peoples feet is around the ankles, the rest of the foot is just bones/thin muscle..

If you look at the toes of different sized people, you might not know which was which until you get to the ankles.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I tend to disagree Tech, as my wife who goes up and down the dress sizes like a yoyo at times and her shoe size changes in line with the dress size.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I tend to disagree Tech, as my wife who goes up and down the dress sizes like a yoyo at times and her shoe size changes in line with the dress size.

Exactly, so if she gains weight, it goes around the heel/ankle, thus making the foot bigger or smaller. The extra length doesnt go in the toes, it will be in the back of the heel...

The heel is what I actually meant earlier, not the ankle... Sorry...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!