When people don't notice your heels

wood&metal

I was out doing some shopping the other evening and was in the neighborhood and kind of hungry, so I stopped in the sandwich shop where I get lunch every day, pretty much "dressed to kill".... Dress shirt, hair done, glasses, my frey'd out jeans, and my favorite 3" heel boots pretty well showing.. The people in there are used to seeing me in my ragged out work clothes (t-shirt, shorts and nikes) so this was a bit of a shock to them to say the least... The girls, who unfortunately are much to young for me, said "wow, you look good!".. It was slow so the girls and I chatted for a bit... I got complements on everything.....hair, shirt, glasses, jeans.........except my boots...I was kind of bummed out about that...lol

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

Maybe the girls were so impressed with the rest of the outfit on you that they didn't even notice your boots, or the boots were so well co-ordinated with your outfit that they just fit in and were not as noticable to them. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

try that same experiance but in a pair of stiletto heels and see if they mention anything :smile: haha

Heelguy has a good point. I have a few pairs of cowboy boots with 3" cowboy heels which I wear to work and no one has commented or given a second look. When I have worn boots with stiletto high heels in public, I always get noticed and get comments.

I beg to differ. People DO notice, make no mistake about that. It's just that 99.5% of the those around you while out in public choose not to say anything or make any sort of comment, be it complimentary or insulting.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Jeff and Dawn are 100% correct; people do notice, especially the clicking, even if they haven't actually seen the heels. Whether they keep it to themselves, comment to their associates, etc., make a remark, laugh, giggle, etc. is another story.

It's all about the heel!

Hello again everyone: Donna and I went out Saturday after she got her hair done. She wore a pair of Pleaser Seduce fives in bright blue with a jeans skirt; I wore my usual Wrangler jeans and my faithful 1002's ( you will hear me speak about these a lot if you hang around me)...they are the famous Pleaser Seduce 1002 rubber ankle boots with a five inch stiletto heel. We walked around a large well-known mall here in Charlotte and ended up at an Estee Lauder cosmetic counter surrounded by beautiful women every where I turned...and I didn't get one single nibble of a comment although the sales lady told Donna she liked HER heels...lol ...we ran by the house before going on to a late lunch date and I just HAD to do something to get noticed...I switched those 1002's to a pair of Seduce 2000's- PVC knee high boots with a five inch heel in BRIGHT BLUE (!!!) and went on to our restaurant and, afterward, another of our favorite stores... ...not one word but I could see a lot of people noticed those bright blue boots and that made me feel better...while at the same time wishing I had changed my shirt tfrom the one I was wearing earlier to coordinate better with the boots... ...the point to all this is: when we are comfortable wearing heels in public it turns into a sort of game to get noticed without actually screaming "look at me"- that sense of daring, of danger, if you will, becomes a narcotic and we find ourselves looking for the "rush" that wearing heels brings to not only us but the people around us... comments appreciated JSpikeheels/Jim