Are you kidding me?

So... the other day, I was browsing the forums here at HHPlace. I wandered into the "For Girls Only" forum, and noticed that one post was asking for help about sizing a pair of heels. Pleaser heels to be more accurate. I replied to her post with helpful information, from experience, as I own many many pairs of Pleaser heels.

This is what I posted:

I have purchased pleaser shoes in the past. This is what I have noticed about Pleaser. If you are getting the Seduce Pumps, sizing also depends on the heel height. The 4 inch pumps I got ran about a half size small, where the 6 inch Scream pumps were about a full size too big. Both shoes were ordered in a US 11. The 5 inch heels fit almost perfectly, but they were a little narrow, so if you are going with anything Pleaser, MAKE SURE you figure out the width of your feet. If you go too narrow, you will be hurting after a little bit of time, whereas too wide and you will have more blisters than you could imagine. Also, pay close attention to the price of the shoes wherever you are buying them. Some retailers buy in bulk at a cheap price, but seem to be lacking in the QA department. I have had to return three pair of Pleaser shoes, that I bought from discount stores online (my fault), because of poor construction. You also want to do the stand up test with all pleaser shoes with a narrow heel. If he shoe stands up by itself, the heel is centered correctly and will be much more comfortable than if it falls over. Hope this info helps you out a bit.

This is what I see in my personal inbox today!

You have received an infraction at High Heel Place.

Reason: Guy Posting in the girls forum

-------

Guy Posting in the girls forum

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:

http://www.hhplace.org/girls/16336-p...tml#post236425

All the best,

High Heel Place

Heels 4 Men - Guys in heels, as guys! - Download our free HHPlace toolbar

This is my reply:

So you are telling me that JUST because I am a guy that I cannot offer help to a girl who was asking for help? That is retarded. I know that that forum is for girls only. I know that there is a guys only forum. I simply read the post, noticed that the GIRL who posted the post was asking for help on a pair of HIGH HEEL SHOES, which is what this site is all about, right? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I don't care about getting the infraction. You can give me another one if you want. There was a question asked out there and I had an answer so I answered the question. If this is how you feel about someone helping someone else, please feel free to let me know. If this BS is how you run your site, please feel free to start banning a lot of your users, because I am sure they feel the same way.

Does anyone else feel the same way I do, that just because it is the "for girls only" forum, that guys with experience and answers to questions shouldn't post them in this forum? I feel the same way about the "for guys only" forum. What kind of sexist crap is this anyway, when the site is about HIGH HEELS and we still have to buy into the media's segregation of men / women in heels?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully before the admins remove this post and ban my account for life.

"Happiness comes from within, but if there is nothing within, you can never truly be happy." - Me

A guy cannot post in the Girls' Forum. There are no exceptions and it says this clearly in the rules for which you ticked the box saying "I agree with these rules and to abide by them.". Whilst I can see that you offered helpful advice, it is still forbidden for a guy to post in the Girls' Forum. Historically, there was a huge problem of guys "hitting on" girls and making lude and vulgar remarks which was driving them away. Therefore we introduced a girls' only area where they could make posts without fear of them being perved over in this way. It is partly because of this rule that HHPlace the prime high heel site in the world.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

If she would have posted in the 'for everyone' section, she would get more advice. However, she has choosen to post in the 'for girls only' section, which means she doesn't want advice from men (IMHO). I often have answers for the questions in the girlssection, or do think i can make a usefull contribution to the thread, but its for girls only. If they post there, they don't want men in there. It's their loss :smile:

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

I really don't get why we have two separate sections.. I mean, I understand that girls could get vulgar remarks before but isn't the easiest way to handle things like that just to take action against the person that's got bad manners? I sometimes read in the guy-section and wish I could be a part of your discussions 'cause they seem very interesting from time to time :-)

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

I sometimes read in the guy-section and wish I could be a part of your discussions 'cause they seem very interesting from time to time :-)

Emma,

Then may I bring this thread to your attention (if you had not already seen and read it):

http://www.hhplace.org/guys/12389-you_happy_girls_post_here.html

You are more than welcome to participate in discussions over there, that interest you.

I really don't get why we have two separate sections.. I mean, I understand that girls could get vulgar remarks before but isn't the easiest way to handle things like that just to take action against the person that's got bad manners?

I sometimes read in the guy-section and wish I could be a part of your discussions 'cause they seem very interesting from time to time :-)

We have two separate forums because 'way back when, the ladies wanted a place for themselves and this arrangement has served us well over the years. In the beginning there was no restriction as to who could post in what forums -- anybody could post anywhere. As the membership grew, more and more guys were participating in the girls' threads and the ladies began to feel as though they were being invaded. They complained quite vociferously about it and many stopped participating in the site. They had a point, too -- a woman would post a comment and then 40 or so guys would pile in, each adding their own points. Some of the guy postings were relevant and insightful, many were not.

This situation prompted us to institute the "No Guys" rule in the "For the Girls" forum and it is one of the fundamental aspects of our site. It has been in effect for many years and it is not going to change.

M-a, as a female you may post anywhere. There is no restriction on women posting in the "For the Guys" forum, in fact most guys openly welcome any lady who joins in with them!

Have a happy time!

Trust us when we say that before you were a member here the hhplace went through a dark time where there were pretty much no women here at all. In my opinion you cant have a high heel place without women. The Ban was put in place and since then we have had many real women join in. We are not going back there.

The angels have the phonebox.