More Spring Colors

JeffB

Several days ago, I added yet another pair of shoes (pumps are now all I wear daily) to my growing collection, namely these from Payless:

Posted Image

These shoes also come in black, but I chose navy because I wanted to try something different. I paired these shoes with navy pants, a matching dress shirt and ivory hosiery. When my co-workers saw me, they were suitably impressed, saying I looked exceptionally nice and that everything I wore matched to perfection.

Over the last couple of years, I've developed a sort of philosophy about my appearance. To put it plainly, if I'm going to wear women's shoes in public, then I'd better make damn sure I dress as nicely as humanly possible so I don't present an unusual image. And it's something I've taken seriously to heart as I now want to look my very best.

Because of that philosphy, I've come to enjoy dressing well at work where I once didn't think or care much about that sort of thing. I make sure all my clothes are color coordinated, right down my hosiery (yes, I wear pantyhose every day! Don't feel dressed without it!), and my spiffy new image has greatly impressed everyone. And it's fun too!

And that's all because of the shoes I choose to wear!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Hi Jeff, Long time no speak. Good to see you are carrying the banner for us all. Being retired, I don't get to wear heels at work. Maybe I should take a part-time job. The only problem is that when I offer Chartered Engineer experience in the design of radar sets and high-power communication systems, potential employers get scared and say I'm overqualified. Much as I enjoy the experience of my old job, I cna't be bothered with putting up with the management crap and the hassle of traveling on our overcrowded roads any more. Xa

Jeff, while you wear pumps to your job, what do you wear around town when you're shopping or going to a movie, etc?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Geoff, be grateful you don't live in the UK, where a smartly-dressed person at work is actually becoming a rarity. I take pride in my appearance, whether wearing heels or not, but I'm astonished by the number of people I meet up with who don't!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Thanks for the compliments! I greatly appreciate them! To answer Bubba's question, on weeknights, I'm a homebody and park myself in front of the TV from the time I come home to when I go to bed. But on weekend, I often tool around in stack heeled loafers, maybe boots depending on the weather. I save my pumps for the office alone.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!