utilikilts & thighboots

hi there! I was wondering if any of would be thinking of getting UTILIKILTS to wear with high (thigh or over the knee) boots, I ve seen a lot of guys on the UTILIKILT site but ocourse in here we all love HEELS!!:blinkbigeyes: I think that it would look good!

Acually I have a black utilikilt. And I've been thinking of pairing it with a pair of over the knee flat boots I have. I don't think it would actually go with heels, but my gf love the idea of my flat boots with the kilt and a nice sweater for a great winter look. When I get the motivation I'll do a pic for you guys.

I can't deny requests like those, so I just got off my lazy duff and did a pic. This outfit I do plan on wearing this winter season. Probably with my nice fitted leather jacket and a scarf. Feel free to et me now what you think!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me221.jpg

That's not bad. It doesn't look the remotest bit feminine either...

I thought you said "Nice sweater"??? Man that is seriously loud, and the pose combined with the shape of everything kinda looks "slouchy/sluggish". It looks ok, but doesnt look smart/sharp/tidy, more kind of indie/grunge...

Hope you dont take that badly?

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Not at all, everyone has they're own opinion. Yeah the sweater has stretched out a bit. But some reason i can never buy shirts in that material small enough to fit. However I challenge anyone to come up with a better color combo than black and red lol!

I can't deny requests like those, so I just got off my lazy duff and did a pic. This outfit I do plan on wearing this winter season. Probably with my nice fitted leather jacket and a scarf. Feel free to et me now what you think!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j78/darthraze/Me221.jpg

Looking back at your picture again, those boots seem to be extremely flat, iin a kind of "somebody drove over your feet" kinda way which combined with all the wrinkles in them almost look like a wetsuit and flippers...

ok, seriously, I'm not taking the piss and totally not trying to offend, its just they look extremely flat.

I'd say possibly try and go for colours that dull down your shape and cuts/patterns that elongate your shape, vertical stripes for example, but very subtle ones and nothing garish or loud. I think this is where the plain sweater isnt doing you any favours, especially in such a loud colour.

Maybe a gun-metal grey v-neck buttoned polo shirt to break up the neck and distract from the inward slope from stomach to neck, combined with a chrome buckle belt and possibly boots that have something like a 1" or 2" heel to raise the foot up a little so it doesnt look like your standing in flippers???

I agree with Newfie, his sweater is not "seriously loud" and red and black is a good combination. I have been wearing red shirts and sweaters for years, certainly since my ski-ing days long ago when red was regarded as a safety precaution and teamed with black ski-pants very well.

Newfieguyinheels:-) The whole saying is---"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". But you did say for us to give our opinions and that is all that the above posters are doing, not trying to discourage you in any way, but offering different suggestions that you could try. Thanks for sharing the pic. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I know I said "let me know what you think" but what's that whole saying? "If you can't say anything nice...?"

Nothing is ever said in offence, nor a gate... ba boom... lol

ok, seriously, so are you saying "Let me know what you think, as long as its only nice stuff", no matter what your wearing?

Nobody is taking a pop at you, its all a bit of fun... :blinkbigeyes:

Look, I don't want to hijack this thread with me complaining. But all I'm saying is I've seen tons of horrible shoes, and lots of bad outfits on this site that really didn't appeal to me. But I've never run down a person's attempt or choices where everyone can see it in a manner of.... oh let's say.... "your boots look like flippers" And without a tone to the text it's really easy for a comment to read as snobbish and backhanded no matter how many lol's or jk's you put into it. I just remember when I joined you didnt hear so much "constructive criticisim" as you did praise. I've read alot of posts lately where ppl have just nit picked shoes and outings and outfits. If you really must say something negative do it in a pm. then if the person wants to share they can say "someone suggested ...." Now what you said rubbed me the wrong way, to me it came off very pompous and backhanded. But if I'm the only one who sees it that way then so be it, I'll just stew in my corner and get over it. That's my 3 cents, I'm done, back to the topic at hand.

Could this be why nobody gives honest opinions anymore because everybody is all too worried that the person receiving it will take it badly? Isnt this the entire point of having an open and honest community, that were all free to share our thoughts and opinions, especially when asked to? Not everybody in life is going to find the same things pleasing, and those who dont agree have the free will to say so, and we should respect that. If I posted a picture in a tuxedo and somebody said "Those heels look like stilts with woodworm", I'd laugh, a lot, and reflect on it, because we often dont see ourselves the way the world see's us.... We get used to how we look, and comfortable in that, thus fresh pairs of eyes and minds often help all of us to improve, we just all have different ways of expressing it.. I choose to express my thoughts honestly and openly, and can truly never see what the big deal is over such a minor comment, its as if some guys sold their spines to buy their footwear... Its just honest feedback, telling it how I see it and totally not intended to offend (Its getting very boring having to keep saying this round here lately too). I'd consider what I said to be very mild, light-hearted and very restrained to be even more honest.. But, thats how life is, and do you often notice too that when somebody says "Tell me what you think of the outfit", a lot of people chime in with tiny snippets like "nice hat / nice shoes / nice this / nice that" but refuse to actually comment on what has been asked... As if to say, "You dont want to know what I think, but great shoes" like their avoiding the rest of an outfit or style for fear of offending somebody?? Arnt we all meant to be friends, and as friends, can speak openly and honestly about pretty much anything... If we cant do that then we have nothing..

Now what you said rubbed me the wrong way, to me it came off very pompous and backhanded.

I wouldn't take Tech's comments any other way except as "constructive criticism" and not personally. :-) So, set back, relax and take a deep breath. Life's too short. Relax if your GF likes it....who else matters? Certainly not a bunch of self-centered individuals that have nothing else better to do than discuss wearing high heels (and, I include myself in this description.)

we're glad you are here and you have contributed so positively over the past 5 or so years.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Unfortunatly I think some of us (myself included) take this way too seriously sometimes but it's because we're all so passionate about it. We seem to forget that we're all very different and have different tastes. This forum should be a place to share our common interest in heels but because it seems we've made it a place to tout our crusade for men in heels, it's easy to loose sight of why we're here. Constructive critizism should be welcomed and not trashed just because you can't take it, tearing someone down because they choose to wear stilettos and not block heels for instance just isn't helpful. Honestly, the people here seem to cover the globe and everyone needs to be a little more understanding. We should be able to all be "friends", after all we all share a common interest even if we have different ideas and goals. Sorry if I've been preachy but this is one of the reasons why i took a break from the forum. And for the record I'm not taking sides. Jim

I'd definitely wear a Utilikilt but I'd team it with my New Rock Reactors. I think a black kilt and big stompy boots would go well!

Ahhhhh! nothing beats the image of a man wearing a kilt and a pair of big stompy boots while walking around carrying a caber over his shoulder. :pulsingheart::happy::blinkbigeyes::):lmao:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.