The Usual Question

JeffB

Hardly a week (or two) goes by with someone coming up to me and asking how I can even stand, much less walk in high heeled shoes. And, ironically enough, it's WOMEN who pose that question! Just this past Thursday, I had a lady ask "The Question" while I had on my Ros Hommerson "Ingra" pumps, as seen below:

Posted Image

Well, I smiled and gave her my pat answer: practice. She nodded at that, then said my shoes look nice. I'm starting to think maybe I should make up flyers to carry around with me so when someone asks "The Question", I can just hand said person a pre-printed explanation of how I perform such a miraculous feat! :wink:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Alex wrote:

Put it on a business card.

Snap! (I posted the same idea on the Men's HH forum before I read Alex's post.) :wink:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hi, It does seen strange that a woman would ask such a question. Since women get to wear heels whenever they want, you would think they know what it is like to wear them! And yes all it takes is a little practice. I have never had a woman ask me how I can wear heels, but have had several say they like my sandals!! SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Jeff, print it on a t-shirt. I've just discovered inkjet iron-on paper! The paper was £1.40 a sheet, the t-shirt was a couple of quid, and I can have any message I like! Whoo-hoo! I've been asked that too, by a young lady who's over six foot tall in socks. We were at a party, somehow we ended up talking about shoes (I'd been drinking!), and I had on 4" pointy boots. She asked, I said 'try them-they may fit!" She did, and wobbled around alarmingly for a bit before giving them back. Then she asked me to walk in them to prove I could! What a top evening! Comment of the night was from another friend, who I'd confessed all to a couple of years ago. She just said "Way to come out in style!" I guess that some women don't wear heels, and therefore don't have the practice that we do. I don't wear heels every day, but I can certainly manage 12-14 hours in 4" during an average workday without a problem, other than needing an excuse to work from home.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Hi Jeff, I think many women ask this question with genuine respect. I bet you they would also ask it from women wearing high heels. So in some way I think it is really a positive accomplishment that they ask you.

Business cards! Heh! I like it! I like it! :wink: I'm sure women are amazed, and impressed when they see me in my shoes, walking as surely and confidently as they do in theirs. And I'm complimented often by female co-workers on my shoes as well. Definitely a good feeling!

Put it on a business card

Don't forget to mention the URL of this discussion board on it in order to spread the good word around.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I think that they ask that particular question more as an ice breaker than anything else. It isn't everyday that they see a guy wearing heels like that, and they probably want to explore what makes the wearer tick. The fact that your shoes are quite stylish Jeff only fuels the fire. Only print the business cards if you don't have time to engage in conversation. Otherwise, enjoy the moment!

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

In a way I guess it's not such an amazing question when you actually look at the footwear of the majority of people these days. I have been carrying my camera around to try and snap heels and so far I've only seen a couple as most women these days seem to live and die in trainers (yuk I hate them unless for their actual use). So given that most women live in shoes for comfort I guess they would, indeed, be in awe of a man that could actually walk in heels :wink:

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Charlie wrote:

Only print the business cards if you don't have time to engage in conversation

Why not enjoy the conversation and when you're finished, give them a card?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Charlie wrote:

Why not enjoy the conversation and when you're finished, give them a card?

And why not add this forum's URL to the card, we might get some more members that way!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

HA! That's why I like this board so much! It has so many imaginative and forward thinking people! :wink: