Heel Sightings In The Winter

Mr. X

I know that women wear boots with heels in the winter. I was wondering how common it is for women to wear high heel shoes in the winter? Around here it doesn't seem to be too common at all. But to my suprise today I saw 2 sightings withing an hour of each other. First sighting was as I was leaving the mall. I saw a younger women wearing a nice pair of tan colored tweed peep toe heels. Immediately after I headed to the bank to use the ATM. As I was using the machine I could hear the unmistakable sound of heels behind me heading to other machine. There is 2 ATM's. I figured it was some kind of heeled boots. As I was finished I could tell that she was almost done as well so I slowed down just a bit. Checked my statement, checked my pockets, grabbed my keys etc. Sure enough she was exiting right behind me. I held the door for her as she left. She was younger and quite a looker from what I briefly saw. Then I got a look at her feet. Too my suprise she was not wearing boots. She was wearing a nice pair of black patent pointy toe stiletto pumps. At least that's the impression I got from what I could see under her pant legs. As she was walking out I spoke up and said "aren't your feet cold in those?" She said "It takes alot of practice." I wanted to say "I know exactly what you mean.", but I didn't. Then I said "they look nice anyhow" and we went on our way. So how common is it elsewhere? And does anyone else have stories they would like to share.

As much as I'd like to wear my ankle boots this year, my work boots are just too undeniably practical. Besides, as cold as it's been, the last thing on mind is making a fashion statement.

"Basic instincts, social life... Paradoxes side by side... Don't submit to stupid rules... Be yourself and not a fool... Don't accept average habits... Open your heart and push the limits..." - Enigma

Hi, Here in Stockholm (Sweden) it is relatively common for women to wear heels even in the winter. We have a temperature of between -20C and -10C and a lot of snow. An still a see many women in heels every day, mainly knee high, thigh high or ankle boots. :cry1:

Best regards, Stefan

In Amsterdam there are quite a few women in boots with heels. The past few days I have seen some really nice women with nice high boots. Too bad I did not have a camera with me. A treat for the eye. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

In Arizona the weather is perfect for heeling. Have had five outings this week with my wife in my strappy high heel sandals. Wore my brown wedgies with 1.5 inch platforms and 5 inch heels last Sunday to a museum. The other times I have been in pink wedgies. Have gotten a couple double takes. Most people either do not notice or are very discreet about looking. Am having a lot of fun wearing them. The ladies are out and about in their heels everyday. Whenever I see them I look down at my toes peeping out of my sandals. I look and feel as sexy as they do. What a turn on.

Here in Canada in our nations capital Ottawa it is not unusual to see women with high heels. In fact I myself wear heels every day, you just need to be sensible in the type of heels you wear. If I am going out for a walk I wear my Sketchers I got from Victoria Secret that have a 3" block heel and a 1/4" platform. They look very much like hiking boots and even have great gripping soles. For work I normally wear some beautiful knee high 3' heel boots I got from Springshoes. Again the heel is block type and they are extremely comfortable to wear in the office all day.

Here in Edmonton I haven't seen many women in heels outside which isn't surprising since the temp has been in the minus range. Most of the boots they wear outside are either snow boots or ugly UGGs. In the mall though it's a bit different and you do see women in heels although flat boots in various heights is this years trend. Stiletto pointed toe boots are harder to find this year.

I think everyone misread the original question. I was asking about the commonness of high heeled "shoes" in the winter and not high heeled "boots". I'm talking about stilettos, sandals, etc. Basically any summertime footwear when it comes to heels.

I got your drift, Mr .X. Lately it has been very cold and we have been having snow almost every day here in Southwestern Pa. and I have seen quite a few women wearing stiletto heels around the time they are coming home from work and have stopped into our local Giant Eagle to pick up a few things for the evening meal at home. Sure is some nice eye candy for me. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Howdy, As Steve mentioned here in Arizona the temperature is pretty decent and I see high heel pumps nearly every morning when I stop for my morning coffee at Starbucks in downtown Tempe. There is a gal that passes my table every day. I think she is heading for the light rail station. She usually wears 3-inch or so pumps and it has to be a good 3/4 mile walk that she does in them. I usually think, "Heck, I would like to do that." Later, Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Yes, when I lived in Tucson nost of the women wore either sandals or cowgirl boots all the year round, the classic "Daisy Duke" look. As a young buck of 17 I didn't know where to look!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.