heels that fit

wiz

Hello all - I am new here and I have a question. I am having a hard time finding heels that fit. What is the trick. The rule of size M to F shoe conversion does not work for me. I wear a 9.5 men shoe and a size 11 high heel feels like it is going to fall off and my foot does not fill the shoe - please help !!!!!!

The standard conversion doesn't work for me either. I wear 11 Men's and can wear 10 or 11 in Women's normally. Best advice I can offer is to try on in a store. If you're to nervous to do that (understandable) a lot of shoe stores have the foot measuring things on the sales floor and they are normally marked for both men and women in my experience. Use one of them and see what size you wear in Women's. When it comes to heels proper fit is very important. If you can buy from a local store (even if you don't try them on there) that way if they don't fit right you can easily return them.

Hey Wiz! Your foot is close to my size but I find that I need anywhere from a sz. 12 in a woman's boot to sz. 11 in most every other style of women's shoes but found out this year that I can actually fit into a sz. 10 in some wedges and high-heel sandals. It really depends on the material the shoe is made out of, the width of the opening on open-toed sandals, even where the shoe was manufactured. I stopped by DSW today and scored a pair of Guess platform sandals (5.5" heel on a 1.5" platform) for just $38 including the tax. They had them in sz.10 but ot 11. Tried them on right there and another woman sat on the stool next to me. We saw that we both had painted our toenails with turquiose nail polish! If I hadn't tried on these sandals in sz 10 they may not have fit. You'll have good experiences. Sure you're nervous, you have to start somewhere, maybe take someone with you!!

I also wear a 9 to 9.5 in mens shoes... I've found that as heel height increases, I have to increse the size.. I can wear "most" womens' size 10 if the heels are under 3 to 3.5"... If I go up to a 4 or 5 inch heel, I typically need a 10.5 or 11.... Anything I've tried 6" and up, I need a size 12... That all said, my feet are long and not "thick" (like if you measued the cross-section top to bottom), so I typically have to add insoles of some sort to get a good fit... Best of luck..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

What's the problem? If they don't fit, ask the assistamt to bring you a larger or smaller pair as applicable.

Good advice from Dr. Shoe. Different shoes are going to fit differently. Keep trying them on until you get a good feel for the size of the style you desire.

You likely have a more narrow foot than the average male. If your foot is narrow, you can pretty much wear the same size in a woman's shoe as your regular men's size. At your 9 1/2, I'd probably try a 10 woman's (9 1/2 woman's is a difficult size to find, as is 10 1/2. For some reason, manufactures believe that after size 9, no one ever has a 1/2 size difference...lol). I know a guy that wears a size 11 men, and can quite easily fit into an 11 women's. And I'm jealous!

I am an 11 in women's flats or lower heels (up to about 3 inches), and go up to 11.5 (if available) or 12 if the heel is higher. A lot depends on if you normally wear socks or pantyhose/tights with your male shoes. When I used to wear men's shoes (I only wear womens now), I would be a 10.5 or an 11 if I was wearing socks. When I started to wear only pantyhose and tights with men's shoes, my shoes were too big, and I started wearing size 10. I hope this helps.

...Thing to do is buy them, try them on in the car then take them back if the shoes don,t fit.

If your goal is to be discreet, I'm not sure I'd recommend this approach. I mean, for stores that you normally shop at, do you buy items, and then 5-10 minutes later, come back to return or exchange it?

If you're at a mall, you can probably use a dressing room at one of the anchor stores without an issue (just bring in a pair of pants or a sweater from them, pretending that's what you want to try on). Still really doesn't help if you have an incorrent size. Maybe you can go back, and say something like, "I realized I should have gotten an 8 instead of a 9..", but that's still pushing it.

Personally I think the best option is to buy neighboring sizes, take them home, see which size fits best, and then take back the other one(s). I think it's 100% believeable if you say, "I'm not sure which size my SO takes / not sure which one will fit her better..." Even for clothes I buy, it's sometimes easier just buy different sizes, try it at home, and then return what you don't want. That's especially true if the store you're shopping at is convenient (not that far out of the way), and optionally if they have a long return window (90 days vs 30).

I know a lot of people are saying, "Just try the d*mn shoes on in the store!", but there are a lot of people that aren't at the point yet.