Halloween 2009

AZShoeNut

Howdy

Okay a little history is probably a good place to start off relating this year’s Halloween experience. In 2006 my wife and I both went as French Maids to the Wrigley Mansion Halloween party. It was a blast and I thoroughly enjoyed wearing my 5-inch Ellie pumps for seven plus hours. My avatar picture was taken that night. So, in March of 2007 my Dad had his seventieth birthday and my whole family went to Rocky Point, Mexico for it. Well, after a few margaritas my niece and I had a discussion over who was actually taller and knowing that she was not big into wearing heels I made the bet that at some point I would wear my heels from the Wrigley Mansion party and she could wear her highest pair of heels and we would then see who was taller. The next day the margaritas had worn off and I cannot say that I was quite so bold and I kind of just blew off the bet. My niece, being the joking kind of person she is, would bring up the bet from time to time mostly to give me a hard time about how lit I was from the Margaritas in Rocky Point. Well, last Wednesday or so my wife put up on Facebook our 2006 Halloween pictures. Immediately my niece posted, “So where did those high heels go?” I replied back asking if they were having a party this year if so that my wife and I might just crash it and I would wear them. So Friday night the Mrs. and I decided that we would go to the Halloween party and had the day of the party to get ready for it.

Now my interest lies in wearing high heels and at the 2006 party it was the first time that I had worn a dress. It was a rental so it was returned right after the party and I don’t have any dresses around the house that would fit me. I headed over to the local thrift shop, Goodwill, and there was nothing that would fit me except some moo moos that definitely did not go with heels. My wife shops at a place called Torrid where they sell particularly to plus sized ladies and they carry a lot of club ready styles. I decided to go there and see if they had anything that might work on short order for a party that night and it turned out pretty well. (I have a link to the dress below) Now here is the wildest part of getting ready for this party. I felt almost none of the apprehension that I feel going into a store to buy heels when I entered that store to buy the dress. There were customers and I think that some noted that there was a guy buying a dress and I just really did not care. Of course I did have the excuse that it was Halloween however I think that only played a small portion in the ease of buying the dress. I would like to take some of that experience and maybe attempt to build the same level of ease into wearing heels out and about.

So now with dress in had I added a longer blond wig, some black fishnet stockings, and my favorite black 4.25-inch pumps from Payless and we had a costume ready for the evening. It was really cool heading over to my sister’s house on the way to my niece’s party. My sister loved the costume and the heels and my brother-in-law thought it was very cool. In fact he insists that we will go as Twins next year. We had a couple families come by to trick or treat and the mom and the older daughter had to get there picture taken with me. There was talk of how did I get so good at walking in high heels so fast and I mentioned that there are a lot of great resources online. After a little while at my sister’s house we headed on over to the party. I finally won the height bet with my niece as we were both wearing heels and I was the taller of the two (finally). Again there was more of the discussion about being good in heels and I even admitted that I dig wearing the heels the most. My brother in law and my younger (21) niece laughed it up a bit. Another gal at the party that was wearing flip flops even asked to try on my heels. Even though they were four sizes larger than she wears I think that she enjoyed wearing them around briefly.

One aspect of going as a lady for Halloween for a second time made me a little nervous. I wondered what people would say about my doing this. I knew my wife would have pictures up on Facebook soon and sure enough there were some comments both good and not really so good. One of her cousins pointed out that, “Larry sure seems to like wearing a dress,” and another one of her former co-workers pointed out, “Does Larry seem to like going drag every chance he gets or is it just me…????:chuckle:). So, I am really not entirely sure how to play this point. My dad even said, “You know you are starting to show a trend,” to which I replied, “Ya, that I am.” I think that if the subject continues to come up that I might just say that I do it because I dig wearing heels.

So in summary this was another great evening out and about wearing 4.25- inch pumps for a good seven hours again. It was a blast and a motivator to build up the juevos and head out and about more frequently than once a year. And the possibility seems to be there to let the cat out of the bag and go public with my interest in heels.

See ya,

Larry

Dress:

http://www.torrid.com/torrid/store/product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302036000&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442196594&bmUID=1257187335830

Shoes:

http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=068642070&productId=64506&subCatId=cat10270&catId=cat10088&lotId=068642&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

If you're just interested in the heels and wear the dress to party in then why not get some boot cut jeans or long pants that cover some of the heel and wear that out and about? If any of your relatives ask, just say that dressing up for the parties was fun, but you REALLY liked the shoes. It's the truth, and your family members who are suspicious that you like to dress in drag will probably be a bit relieved that that isn't the case. Hopefully they can deal with just the shoes. It's kind of like you pushed the envelope a little too far, now you're backing off and they're ok with it. Just a suggestion. Does it make sense? Good luck! Steve

Wow, AZshoeNut! I really like the dress. I don't believe you could have found a nicer one to wear. I wish you luck in finding your way through the tangle of issues surrounding your desire to wear the items you wish to wear, in public.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Sounds like you had a blast in your outfit and high heels. When you go out and about in a similar outfit and high heels when it's not halloween, let us know the reactions you get and how you feel dressed like that in public on a given day. Thank you for sharing your story and good luck on future heeling.

Hey AZShoeNut, Great outfit you choose, the shoes would have looked so good with the outfit! So nice to have the support from wife and now family to go as you wished. The less supportive comments from others are only comments. Hope you can keep wearing the shoes of your choice whenever you want. Maybe way more than just Halloween! Mtnsofheels

Howdy,

Thanks guys. I really do think that this could lead to a much more open experience of wearing heels. I think that I am going to drop a good 40lbs, get some appropriate jeans, and head on out.

Regarding the less than supportive comments that have come up, you know, I just really don't think I care much about what they have to say or think. I really am tending toward having only the people in my life that I like and are supportive and just shifting away from the rest. I really like a quote that we had in my class on Monday night, "Note to yourself that this is what I want, ask yourself can I get it here, yes or no." If the answer is no then just move along.

And yes, it is good to have a supportive wife. I know that I am just about ready to be a guy who publicly wears heels. In a conversation my wife said that she is not quite ready to be the wife of a guy that publicly wears heels out and about however, I think that might just come with time and a little cautious experimentation.

Wow, AZshoeNut! I really like the dress. I don't believe you could have found a nicer one to wear.

Thanks a bunch, I dig it too. Oddly enough I think it is pretty cool hanging in the closet. :-)

Have a great day,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Larry, Good luck as you move ahead! Push that envelope a little bit at a time and let your wife adjust to it. Don't exceed her comfort level by too great a margin, and over time you will succeed, with her along for the ride! Go for what you want, but be patient and put her confidence level on your radar screen. Steve