Have you ever .....

badger

Have you ever been starring a pair of heels or boots so intently, that you have walked into a wall, post or another person. I just walked through the student union and was checking out a wonderful pair of caramel colored knee boots and almost ran over another girl (in flats). I would imagine that driving accidents are a problem too for this group.

Everyone should wear boots!

I haven't walked into a wall or run into someone but I have been caught staring. There's a girl that frequents my student union and she's almost always wearing wooden platform heels. She's actually caught me looking in her direction but I don't think she knows it's because of her heels :wink:

I wish I was a size 10

I drove into a caravan that stood still on the road while I was watching a girl pumping gas who wore the same platforms wedges I was wearing. It cost me lots of money because I initially couldn't find a replacement bonnet for my 1966 Triumph Spitfire Mk2 and the old one was smashed beyond repair. Some people on this board saw the ruined bonnet in my garage, the car still hasn't been driven after a 4 year total restauration. anybody interested in buying?

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

When I was in High School, there was a (natural) blonde girl I'd never seen before that I was staring at until I bumped into a lunch table and nearly dumped the food tray. Some friends were at the table, and Knew the girl--after they picked themselbes off the floor ( :rofl: ), they said that it was a common reaction--they'd seen it several times. I was mainly staring at her face, but as I recall, she was wearing white go-go boots, ~2-1/2" heels.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Sorry I think you misunderstood me, in Europe a caravan is also small house on wheels being trailed behind a car when going on vacation (mostly seen with Dutch licence plates crawling over the roads all year through :wink: ).

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

Highluc wrote:

in Europe a caravan is also small house on wheels being trailed behind a car when going on vacation

In the USA these are called "travel trailers." (or mobile homes as they can be moved from one place to another using wheels that are attached to fhe frame.) Usually these vehicles are modern with all the comforts of home. Showers, air conditioning, complete kitchens and lots of room to relax and sleep.

RVs (Recreational Vehicles) or Motor homes are a step up from travel trailers. They are travel trailers built on truck chassis. The cost of some of these motor homes run into the hunders of thousands of dollars. (http://www.winnebagoind.com/)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I drove into a caravan that stood still on the road while I was watching a girl pumping gas who wore the same platforms wedges I was wearing. It cost me lots of money because I initially couldn't find a replacement bonnet for my 1966 Triumph Spitfire Mk2 and the old one was smashed beyond repair. Some people on this board saw the ruined bonnet in my garage, the car still hasn't been driven after a 4 year total restauration. anybody interested in buying?

Hi Luc, tell that to the horse-marines!

How could you see the girl's wedges? Without staring like a giraffe through your left window (I suppose your Spitfire on the left track of the motorway)? Thus you had no real chance to see this caravan from the Netherlands!

Or did you just ponder upon a new joke for this forum about your dearest neighbours in Europe? Not paying attention for the white rolling shoe box overtaking with splendid 30 km/h this rotten 29.9 km/h creeping truck from Russia?

I'm afraid that we will never come to know the whole truth :wink:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

When sitting in a Spitfire, you are almost at eye level of any heels around. I was looking through the right side and behind me (was driving in convertible mode). The car being from 1966 had no safety belts and my wife ended up having her forehead smashed into the windscreen. Although she never had to go to a doctor or missed any work, and no consequences other than a swollen forehead for a few days, I was convicted by court for involuntary harm to people costing me 400 Euros. Add to that the repair cost of the car of about 2500 Euros and you can see how heels can ruin your life for a while.

No I haven´t by looking at shoes but when I was 8-9 year my dad andI was out walking.He knew I was a bit clumsy in that age so he told me tolook were I´m going and straight ahead.I told him tha I was looking ahead.Suddenly I saw stars flying in my head.I walket right in to a lamppost.That will sit in my memory forever.

I am who I am and no one else/Jankas

A few years ago, I helped the company manager unload his car. He handed over a few long packs of electricity rails to take them into the building. Then, there was the sound of clicking heels. Having only a vague idea of where it came from, I twisted my neck to get an eyeful. I saw this woman in 4" black pumps from the corner of my eye. She was about to get out of sight, so I twisted the top of my body too. The havy packs hit the manager's back quite hard. Mesmerized by the heels, I took no notice of his screaming for a moment. :wink: Just as he yelled why I didn't watch what I was doing, he caught me staring and not paying attention to his problem or to work! :D Fortunately, he's a great admirer of female beauty himself, so he was mild.

• 3 weeks later...

a girl walked into the security loop in the door of a shop as she was distracted by my heels.

LOL.........Now this I like!

I'm glad to hear your wife survived the incident Hiluc :wink: Did you ever tell her why the accident happened.?

I remember as boy, starring very intensely at my teachers sandaled feet. They were quite pretty and I had been looking for several minutes.

I was jerked roughly back to reality when she said to me "Jimmy...would you like a pair of shoes like these ?"

I was absolutely gob smacked and rooted to the spot. My face and ears stung with embarisment as I mumbled an incoherent reply...LOL...I wanted to flee but with feet like lead all I could do was shuffle off.

If only she knew: :D

Hi, Jim, Yes I was a young boy in the late 50s and early 60s .... just the right time and just the right height for clocking up all those lovely stilettos .... dammit I've been scarred for life ! Xa

I'm glad to hear your wife survived the incident Hiluc Did you ever tell her why the accident happened.?

Immediately, no point in denying the pacts, she always was well aware of my interest and knew I couldn't pass a girl without looking what kind of shoes she wore.

I can confirm what Xa says is true about the security loop. She was so fascinated by his boots. I think it was going into Dorthy Perkins on the north corner of Tottenham court road. He even said "Hey careful with that!" to her.