Today was a good day...

Hi all A while ago i posted in " Bad day at work" how every thing seemed to be going down the pan well things have taken a turn in the last few weeks. We hadda guy come out to service some of our machines about two weeks ago but it wasn't a normal service engineer it was one of there directors that came out. It was a friday and i was manning the factory single handed you know things coming in,going out,checking emails and answering x3 phones. Well i let this guy in and left him to his work for a while. After an hour i offered him a coffe and asked how busy he was and he replyed "We'er flat out atm thats why i'm here...." . So i left it at that . A while later i just came out with "So when you next hiring steven??" we talked for abit and he said he'd like to have me working for him :). He'd met me a few times in the past and liked they way i work and seen i hold it together under presure. So fast forward a few weeks. Where i work were askin for redundancy's so i put my hand up. My evil boss almost fell of his chair! LOL the look on his face was a picture. So now i have to see if they accept it or not. If not its no big deal i'll just hand in my notice and move on. If they accept it i can train some poor person to do my job ( a real joy all round ) And they can carry on as normal when i leave its up to them now. So theres my ramble about why today was a good day. Just wanted to share some good news with ppl :) things might be on the up for a change........ Sorry about my poor spelling its always been my weak point.

Hiline, Obviously he likes the cut of your jib. The phrase "Every cloud has a silver lining" springs to mind. Also proves that if you don't ask, you don't get. Fingers crossed it all works out or you. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I GOT THE JOB!!! :) I went over to see them on friday and its all cut and dry now . They also want to send me to get tickets in 3-phase and cooling systems. Thats nice because there things i'll always have. I've even going to have a works van to travel to/from work in...........if i can park it round here that is...... So i'm going to hand my notice in tomorrow and start my new job on the 21st i cant wait :)