Would you spend double...

acesecret

Would you spend double on heels you knew you would never wear outside?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Would you spend double on heels you knew you would never wear outside?

• Yes, sure.
    • No, not worth it.
    • Maybe, but if... (post reply)

• 6 months later...

In the past I used to buy cheap shoes and went for quantity.

After a while I realized that one cannot wear so many shoes at the

same time anyway and that cheap shoes are much more often

uncomfortable and hence they become just closet fillers.

Hence nowadays I am much more selective. If I see some nice

shoes or boots that I will wear often and that are comfortable,

then they are allowed to cost a decent amount. ...

Y.

Really good point Yozz... I have amassed quite a collection of fairly cheap shoes (with only a couple of more costly exceptions), and I honestly only regularly wear about 20% of them, the others are collecting dust. So from that perspective, perhaps I should adjust to spending a bit more for shoes that I know I will want to wear more often.

Now I just have to retrain myself that 5 pairs of cheap shoes that I wear rather infrequently and cost about $25 each should equal one pair of nicer $125 shoes that I will wear far more often. That and it will be much easier to store 1/5 the number of shoes. However, letting go of many of my shoes is a tough thing to do, but I really need to clean up my collection. :)

I feel the same way. I have way too many to organize and even though I like them all, some just don't honestly fit very well, and I should get rid of them. But it's so difficult to do! Most of my collection of about 200 pair was acquired via ebay, and not everything you buy sight unseen (or without trying on) is going to fit. But to me, often shoes are works of beautiful art that I have trouble parting with. So it's a tough decision, whether to sell off part of the collection or build a bigger museum! HA HA HA Steve