heeling in London

ImInHeels

I was recently in London for 10 days (i didn't see any daylight, i was on a course in a hotel, lasting 16+ hours a day, even on the weekend). The whole time i was there i was thinking it would be a great place to go public daylight heeling for my first time. :)

Iminheels:-) From what I have read here, you should have a ball of a time heeling in London and we have a great many members living and heeling around the london area. Maybe you can hook up with some of them and make friends. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Greetings, I am building a interest in going to London to see and experience the likes of which you written about. I will do a post to source more locations and suggestions about where to go and stay. Thanks for the information. Mtnsofheels

I'm thinking of taking a short break to london and going out in my heels all day. Good idea or bad?

Hi, Where are you from in Uk? What kind of clothes do you wear with your heels? Where in London were you thinking of hanging out?

I'm only asking because like any big city there are areas where I wouldn't want to go whilst wearing a t shirt, trainers and jeans, let alone heels!

I would recommend Oxford St and Soho, the posher end of Notting Hill or around Brick Lane in East London.

It's also worth considering coming down to Brighton (where I live) as the town is full of Hippies, Electro kids and Trannys.

Good luck,

Ben

Hi, Where are you from in Uk? What kind of clothes do you wear with your heels? Where in London were you thinking of hanging out?

I'm only asking because like any big city there are areas where I wouldn't want to go whilst wearing a t shirt, trainers and jeans, let alone heels!

I would recommend Oxford St and Soho, the posher end of Notting Hill or around Brick Lane in East London.

It's also worth considering coming down to Brighton (where I live) as the town is full of Hippies, Electro kids and Trannys.

Good luck,

Ben

Hiya Ben

Do you have any clubs or bars which you could recommend for guys in heels, not necessarily fully TV?

Thanx

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I'm thinking of taking a short break to london and going out in my heels all day. Good idea or bad?

Places where I've worn 4" heels and felt totally safe are Oxford Street, Kings Road Chelsea, Camden Market, Carnaby Street, Bond Street, Covent Garden, Knightsbridge (I gave Harrods a miss as they have a dress code and I didn't want to be barred for wearing heels), Bond Street, South Kensignton. Basically, anywhere there may be "money" as you're less likely to be confronted by a meathead. I'd avoid Bermondsey, especially if Millwall are at home :)

Good luck and enjoy the thrill. When do you plan to visit?

Hiya Ben

Do you have any clubs or bars which you could recommend for guys in heels, not necessarily fully TV?

Thanx

Hi Loswabs,

Make sure you dress in a laid back but midblowingly integrated way. Don't just focus on your shoes.

It depends mostly on the type of night being put on by the club. I'd say the best bet would be the Hanbury, Komedia, Audio or one of the many gay/mixed bars in Kemptown. Dynamite Boogaloo actively encourages craziness in it's night's. The Eagle Pub is great too.

Also try Margot's parties. They are amazing and always have great themes.

AVOID West Street!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Ben

Hi Loswabs,

Make sure you dress in a laid back but midblowingly integrated way. Don't just focus on your shoes.

It depends mostly on the type of night being put on by the club. I'd say the best bet would be the Hanbury, Komedia, Audio or one of the many gay/mixed bars in Kemptown. Dynamite Boogaloo actively encourages craziness in it's night's. The Eagle Pub is great too.

Also try Margot's parties. They are amazing and always have great themes.

AVOID West Street!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Ben

Thanks Ben, much appreciated :)

Places where I've worn 4" heels and felt totally safe are Oxford Street, Kings Road Chelsea, Camden Market, Carnaby Street, Bond Street, Covent Garden, Knightsbridge (I gave Harrods a miss as they have a dress code and I didn't want to be barred for wearing heels), Bond Street, South Kensignton. Basically, anywhere there may be "money" as you're less likely to be confronted by a meathead. I'd avoid Bermondsey, especially if Millwall are at home :)

Good luck and enjoy the thrill. When do you plan to visit?

I went round Harrods in stiletto thigh boots on the outside of back zip leather jeans as male clothing and no one said a word...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Let me know when...

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I went round Harrods in stiletto thigh boots on the outside of back zip leather jeans as male clothing and no one said a word...

Indeed. Considering the place is generally full of tourists dressed in....well...their tourist gear, some guy in heels is hardly going to get thrown out. I think the dress code thing is an urban myth caused by a tabloid story a few years ago about when someone was turned away from Harrods for wearing ripped jeans.

If they did have a dress code, they don't use it now. They let anyone into Harrods now.

Heel-D - Freestyling since 2005